Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

28 minutes ago, cebelicamya said:

I think it is the bluespotted ribbontail ray. Lego did a great mould and overall it looks nice.

Oh yes, it does look like those photos!

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The stingray comes in a polybag *huh*

*oh2* ...weird...but so great!!

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

And there’s a new shark too :thumbup: Familiar mould, but new printing

YES:moar:
I Have been waiting to get that back in a natural colour (not zombie), looks like a great white shark :sweet:
If this comes in divers wave also, there maybe animals in similar quantities as the late 90 with the divers theme :wub:

Edit: it has a more realistic eye print than the original as well :grin_wub:

Edited by Roebuck

Loving the dark/light grey GWS...the City Deep Sea/Divers sets can't come soon enough!

As for the stingray polybag (with coral and diver), I’d say no way they’d put a new animal in a €5 poly...but with the NatGeo co-promo, I believe it :wub_drool:

34 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

As for the stingray polybag (with coral and diver), I’d say no way they’d put a new animal in a €5 poly...but with the NatGeo co-promo, I believe it 

It probably comes in other sets as well, but should make it rather easy to get a few for a decent price (could be cheaper than a CMF:wacko:).. That National Geographic logo could be good news regarding animals :excited:

Exactly my thinking...a whole “fever” of stingrays (yes I looked it up!)

Hard to fault my son’s logic on seeing these leaks “why can’t Lego just release these sets early now to cheer everyone up?” :laugh:

Edited by Lucarex

Just now, Lucarex said:

a whole “fever” of stingrays

:laugh: nice one :grin:

I hope for something as close to -97 divers as possible and seeing that polybag it looks more than promising :excited:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The stingray comes in a polybag *huh*

Yes, finally a new animal in a polybag!!:wub:  Does anyone have both sharks the big one and the small one and can make a photo of them?  I just want to see the comparison between them.

Great seeing that the ray is in a polybag, and I'm pretty stoked to see the big shark back. They even countereshaded it.

2 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Yes, finally a new animal in a polybag!!:wub:  Does anyone have both sharks the big one and the small one and can make a photo of them?  I just want to see the comparison between them.

DSCF4288.jpg

Wow - new printed shark, and looks like stingray comes in a poly too.

getting an amazing suite of new and updated ocean critters this year! 

Indeed! (Huge) printed great white shark, hammerhead shark and stingray in City, cute turtle in CMF - sounds so great! :wub:

11 minutes ago, Aurore said:

Indeed! (Huge) printed great white shark, hammerhead shark and stingray in City, cute turtle in CMF - sounds so great! :wub:

Plus the anglerfish and recoloured shark in Hidden side ( we presume ) 

Edited by williejm

Great white looks awesome.   So many different sea creatures this year is going to be great.  

It’s also interesting that the divers are red again. I don’t mind since I didn’t  get any of the ‘15 sets  and it looks like there are minifig hand attachments on both sides of the rays tail and the shark is beautiful 

Edited by 1Panda

The poly bag has the National Geographic Logo on it.  Lego and National Geographic seems like a slam dunk partnership.  Could this be the way we get many exotic animals in Lego form?  Education and conservation paired with the platform Lego has?  I am really excited at the prospect! 

49 minutes ago, Gobias1234 said:

Lego and National Geographic seems like a slam dunk partnership

I'm so excited to see if this leads anywhere. Would love to see some sort of biome themed sets come from this. Each set could focus on a different biome and include a combination of new animal molds and/or new colorations/prints of existing molds with the builds themselves being habitat scenery. And they could include a pamphlet with educational information about the real life flora/fauna depicted in that set.

Like the natural history museum dioramas, but not boxed in.

Edited by UberCorp

8 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

I wonder ... could this line be where the fabled Orca finally shows up?

Thought it too but dared not say it for fear of jinx! It was after all supposed to be released in the summer 2018 City Arctic sub-theme.

As for the NatGeo partnership, I could see special issue or dual packs of the NatGeoKids / LEGO City magazines...

IMG-2325.jpg

IMG-2326.jpg

There‘s a black dachshund / wiener dog coming for BAM (check out mini_legogo‘s IG story) :wub:  Too bad this won‘t see the light of day for the time being :hmpf_bad:

8 hours ago, Gobias1234 said:

The poly bag has the National Geographic Logo on it.  Lego and National Geographic seems like a slam dunk partnership.  Could this be the way we get many exotic animals in Lego form?  Education and conservation paired with the platform Lego has?  I am really excited at the prospect! 

As well as getting new animals I hope this impacts how the animals are presented in the sets. It would be great if instead of being threatened by animals like the sharks there was more of a focus on recording and observing the animals, with maybe even a shark cage for the divers (I can't remember if Lego has ever made one of those before). 

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

As well as getting new animals I hope this impacts how the animals are presented in the sets. It would be great if instead of being threatened by animals like the sharks there was more of a focus on recording and observing the animals, with maybe even a shark cage for the divers (I can't remember if Lego has ever made one of those before). 

The two “presentations” aren’t mutually exclusive, in fact I’d say they go hand in hand.

My boy is typically fascinated by anything to do with sharks and ocean creatures generally. He’s also hugely interested in in ocean and animal conservation (which the NatGeoKids mags are great at exploring) whilst he’s spent countless hours building up an undersea MOC out of Atlantis, Aquaman and various other aquatic parts and minifigs. 

Lego is a toy and as a kid, he also loves nothing more than battling divers v sharks (especially the big sharks including the zombie one where you can see the minfigs “eaten” inside!). I like the shark cage idea though, albeit more for its play value.

*edit*

Also good to see clearer pics of the new glowing anglerfish, which seems very likely is now destined for Hidden Side submarine set, also this summer. 

Edited by Lucarex

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

There‘s a black dachshund / wiener dog coming for BAM (check out mini_legogo‘s IG story) :wub:  Too bad this won‘t see the light of day for the time being :hmpf_bad:

Damn, that wee dachshund is just precious 

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Agreed, though there has imho been quite a shift in this lately with Lego, I’m sure they’re aware of possible pitfalls of any human vs animals themes, and are possibly avoiding zoo theme specifically because of negative PR possibilities. When I first saw the recent dolphin, penguin and heard about the potential orca I was half worried we were getting ‘Seaworld’ sets, which would have given me a terrible moral conundrum ?