Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I know animal molds from Friends typically aren't regarded here much, but apparently the theme's summer wave will be introducing two new Elephant molds, both adult and infant sized.

Not useful for me most likely, but interesting nonetheless. Frinds have so far mostly had only small animals, but a adult and a juvenile elephant in addition to a white tiger and a panda this summer. At least the elephants have to be big! They can use the big cat mould from city for the white tiger, but doubt we are that lucky :sceptic:
Last year friends had sets based on saving animals in the sea and this year it sounds like city get somewhat similar sets, so there should at least be a few animals there maybe even some new ones :wink: Would not surprise me if we get a elephant in a city set next year :tongue:

I‘m probably not the first one to make this observation, but I never got why they created specific animal moulds for the minidoll themes. Couldn‘t they have made more generic, versatile moulds? That way, they could‘ve hit two birds with one stone: use gaudy colours and printing for the minidoll versions and more realistic colours and printing for other themes :classic: The moulds are all stylised anyway and it‘s not like the minidoll themes don‘t make any use of regular moulds for accessories and tools :tongue:

22 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m probably not the first one to make this observation, but I never got why they created specific animal moulds for the minidoll themes. Couldn‘t they have made more generic, versatile moulds? That way, they could‘ve hit two birds with one stone: use gaudy colours and printing for the minidoll versions and more realistic colours and printing for other themes :classic: The moulds are all stylised anyway and it‘s not like the minidoll themes don‘t make any use of regular moulds for accessories and tools :tongue:

Yes it is strange, sometimes friends use existing minifig animals, but when they make all the new animals they are useless for minifig sets.. Then later the same animals get a new mould in minifig sets that look more realistic, but should have no problem fitting in with the minidolls e.g. the dolphin :wacko: Had all the friends animals been minifig compatible I would have both a lot of friends sets for sure :hmpf:
Maybe there is hope since the small bird is working in both types, but that was introduced in the Disney CMF (minifig), before it shoved up in a minidoll set with the same character, then later in minifig sets, so it can end up being a exception after all :shrug_oh_well:

The only "system" animal they have used in friends line was chicken (which looked very off) and now the white bird.
Frog was made for belvile so it doesnt count :D

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Just now, Lordofdragonss said:

The only "system" animal they have used in friends line was chicken (which looked very off) and now the white bird.
Frog was made for belvile so it doesnt count :D

They have used the owl also I think :classic:

Great animal news! There will be a new hammerhead shark and a stingray in city in addition to a flying owl mould in HP :sweet:

35 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Great animal news! There will be a new hammerhead shark and a stingray in city in addition to a flying owl mould in HP :sweet:

Sounds nice.

30084.jpg was introduced in Divers back in 1997, would be interesting to see a new version for sure.

1997 also introduced the original (old) sawfish.

Hammerhead is also interesting, I assume it's just a different head part like the sawfish but still another shark type is nice

Edited by TeriXeri

The HP sets will also introduce otter and rabbit patronuses/patroni(?) this year, according to the latest rumours. More trans-blue glitter animal moulds that'll never be used in other colours :laugh_hard:

47 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

And the otter ????

6 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

@Roebuck HP?

As in Harry Potter. :wink:

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The HP sets will also introduce otter and rabbit patronuses/patroni(?) this year, according to the latest rumours.

Oooooh, an otter sounds like a fun one! :thumbup: :blush:

40 minutes ago, Lego Dodo Bird said:

The Hammerhead Shark piece seems very interesting, I do want to see how it looks.

Welcome :classic:
Yes it is a part I have been expecting for many years, since it only needs a new head piece! After all the hammerhead is more widely known than the sawshark we have had for more than 20 years in Lego, but that is part of the fun with Lego and animal moulds we never know what we will get next :wink:
Maybe we will have to wait over 20 years now for a male lion head or maybe we get it next year :wacko::tongue:

I also generally want more extinct animal molds made, for some more random extinct animals, such as a Dodo or Thylacine.

But I am looking forward to the new animal molds for this year.

I’ve been wanting a hammerhead shark for years! Hopefully they’ll do a re-color of the otter. 

Now we just need a farm and zoo theme for some animals. 

Please include the horse in the Blacksmith :knight:

Last time there was a Reddish Brown minifig horse was 2012.

Out of interest I made a render of how it could look if they used different colors : (these do not exist right now)

YYJKS4A.png

Dark Brown / Dark Tan / Tan / Dark Orange

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, Aurore said:

The LEGO Ideas Medieval Blacksmith has been approved! The original includes many animals (a horse, a goat, a rabbit, an owl and two chicken), I really hope the final product will keep it that way! :excited:

I really hope they include all the animals in the submission and hopefully even some more, but we will see. The old fishing store ended up with a lot of animals, but the tree house on the other hand had a few orinally, but only got one bird in the set. So it can go both ways, but I feel the animals are more important here than in the tree house (no doubt it would have look good with some cows and goats grazing under the tree or maybe a deer, but the original submission did not have it unfortunately)..

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Please include the horse in the Blacksmith :knight:

Last time there was a Reddish Brown minifig horse was 2012.

Out of interest I made a render of how it could look if they used different colors : (these do not exist right now)

The horses look excellent :thumbup: Frustrating that the horses are so rare the last years, hopefylly we get a new color now or at the very least a horse in black or reddish brown in the set :wink:

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Good / Better / YES!! / OH.MY.BRICK.YES!!!
I too hope for the Goat to make a comeback. BnP will be OoS in minutes!

Edited by Masked Mini

On 2/1/2020 at 7:59 PM, Roebuck said:

Great animal news! There will be a new hammerhead shark and a stingray in city...

Exciting news! Any timeline known?

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

YYJKS4A.png

I wish I could have one of each. It’s such a shame that Lego has only done Friends horse sets in the last few years - I think the City line would benefit from an equestrian center, and a couple of these guys would even make a great basis for a mounted police unit. 

I was thinking about doing the same thing about the potential Monkey from The Pirate Bay. 

2009 Pirates included a Monkey in Reddish Brown but 2015 Pirates didn't have one, so hope it at least makes a comeback for that special set.

Now for nostalgia, they probably just should use Reddish Brown as the old brown discontinued, so this is just done for fun.

The last Monkey that was made, was for Ninjago and that one had a Silver body,  3 Orange arms, 1 Silver arm, and Dark Brown hands, but that was an important story character (Monkey Wretch).

I just used default yellow hands for keeping it simple. I do actually like Sand Blue a lot (2nd top left) , but monkey arms and hands are standard minifigure parts.

QzIgytL.png

Edited by TeriXeri

33 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I was thinking about doing the same thing about the potential Monkey from The Pirate Bay. 

2009 Pirates included a Monkey in Reddish Brown but 2015 Pirates didn't have one, so hope it at least makes a comeback for that special set.

Now for nostalgia, they probably just should use Reddish Brown as the old brown discontinued, so this is just done for fun.

The last Monkey that was made, was for Ninjago and that one had a Silver body,  3 Orange arms, 1 Silver arm, and Dark Brown hands, but that was an important story character (Monkey Wretch).

I just used default yellow hands for keeping it simple. I do actually like Sand Blue a lot (2nd top left) , but monkey arms and hands are standard minifigure parts.

QzIgytL.png

Those Monkey recolors look very nice, I would definately want some more variety in the piece to represent different types of monkey.

10 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Exciting news! Any timeline known?

I guess it is the normal summer wave of city, but do not remember exactly when they usually pops up in stores :classic: