Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

Love the chameleon mould and I really like that the stripe pattern matches the original so you could pretend it’s the same chameleon hiding on the bed :D

Happy new year everyone, I hope the new year will give us some nice animal moulds :grin:

The big snake mould comes in a HP book, probably in sand green, so far not sure if it has printed eyes or not..

A friends polybag 30412: Park Picnic comes with 2 of the sparrow mould so maybe the price will drop on them soon :tongue:
The penguin has made a comeback in the BAM- towers, so I expect it will finally be possible to buy a flock of them for a decent price on BL soon or if you live close to a Lego store pick them up there :wink:

BAM towers seem to be a goldmine for animals accessories at the moment. Was in London this week and visited two stores, in total the following animals were available in BAMs, with varying levels of availability :

dark grey cat*, orange tabby cat, light grey cat

chihuahua, tan french bulldog, black terrier*

rat

lobster

black tarantula spider

bat

chimpanzee*

cobra

penguin 

(* BAM exclusive colour or print) 

On 1/10/2020 at 1:16 PM, williejm said:

BAM towers seem to be a goldmine for animals accessories at the moment. Was in London this week and visited two stores, in total the following animals were available in BAMs, with varying levels of availability :

rat

lobster

black tarantula spider

bat

chimpanzee*

cobra

penguin 

BAM :wub:
It has in no time become the second best place to look for new animals only after the CMF :sweet: And as long as you are in a Lego store they are much more accessible also (no need to feel 20-30 cmf packs to find the animal you want) :wink:

I hope series 20 will bring some more farm animals like sheep, goat and pig, since it is only a matter of time before they show up in the BAM tower in a different colour :tongue:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

BAM :wub:
It has in no time become the second best place to look for new animals only after the CMF :sweet: And as long as you are in a Lego store they are much more accessible also (no need to feel 20-30 cmf packs to find the animal you want) :wink:

I hope series 20 will bring some more farm animals like sheep, goat and pig, since it is only a matter of time before they show up in the BAM tower in a different colour :tongue:

Since LEGO hasn't put cats in sets for a while (not counting CMF or Licensed) I really do hope to get a cat via BAM soon.

I got a lot of dogs and parrots via City,  but surprisingly they have no cats for years now, only via CMF, Marvel or Harry Potter. 

Xtra also been a source for blue parrots, sharks, husky dogs, but no cats yet.

Of course farm animals would be great as well, my Nexo Knight pig is my only farm animal. 

Edited by TeriXeri

3 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Since LEGO hasn't put cats in sets for a while (not counting CMF or Licensed) I really do hope to get a cat via BAM soon.

Of course farm animals would be great as well, my Nexo Knight pig is my only farm animal.

The last time I saw a cat was in City set no. 60001. 

21 minutes ago, pooda said:

The last time I saw a cat was in City set no. 60001

Kind of weird that they released this tile 2 years after that set , while it clearly shows that set 60001 (white cat in tree / fireman with beard)

3068bpb1105.png

Also, still would love to see minifig horses back into some non-licensed way as well, a horse might be too big for BAM/CMF but if a shark can fit in Xtra , so can a horse + saddle imo.

Edited by TeriXeri

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Kind of weird that they released this tile 2 years after that set , while it clearly shows that set 60001 (white cat in tree / fireman with beard)

3068bpb1105.png

I have that tile. 

Also, still would love to see minifig horses back into some non-licensed way as well, a horse might be too big for BAM/CMF but if a shark can fit in Xtra , so can a horse + saddle imo.

Yeah! I don't believe that it's no market for such a set. Lego just doesn't know we're interested. Perhaps if we beg for it, we may see a farm with a generic horse this summer. 

Edited by pooda

15 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

We got a new dark grey cat in BAM in 2019 and as @williejm just said he found "dark grey cat*, orange tabby cat, light grey cat" in the BAM tower just a few days ago, so plenty of cats there :wink:

On 1/10/2020 at 12:16 PM, williejm said:

rat

lobster

black tarantula spider

bat

chimpanzee*

cobra

penguin 

I can confirm this :)

I was at Westfield Stratford last weekend and in the BAM tower was the most variety of animals I have ever seen before in a single store: black spider, scabbers the rat, lobster, dark and light grey cats, chihuahua, penguin, black terrier, dark green rubbery cobra and white rabbit! Not all the same quantity but still amazing none the less 

On 1/11/2020 at 8:09 AM, TeriXeri said:

Not going to lie, I would buy multiples of those. And I’m not even trying to army build a cavalry or put together a medieval or western scene. If Lego hasn’t realized we’d want this someone is dropping the ball. I’m pretty sure most of us would pay a little more for a slightly larger bag if they needed to do it like that. 

A small Easter set with a bunny minifig and the chicken/hen piece in white has leaked. Unfortunately no rabbit mould in a new color yet :shrug_oh_well:

Saw it on brickset indeed, I like the egg on the scooter light and the way they built the 6-egg carton, chicken coop is small but works nice with the angled tile roof.

853990-1.jpg?202001161036

Edited by TeriXeri

I have been searching for the small birds on Bricks & Pieces, but I couldn't find them. The blue one isn't listed under the Bookshop, while the chameleon already is present. The white bird can't I find either, but I have already a nice flock of them.

Could it be because they came first with Disney licensed sets? Too bad!

17 hours ago, Wesley D said:

I have been searching for the small birds on Bricks & Pieces, but I couldn't find them. The blue one isn't listed under the Bookshop, while the chameleon already is present. The white bird can't I find either, but I have already a nice flock of them.

Could it be because they came first with Disney licensed sets? Too bad!

It could be, but the same was the case with the lobster. After Lego had put it in several unlicensed sets it came up for sale on B&P, the same will probably happen with the small bird. It is only a matter of time, the new lioness is still not up either, but they add new parts all the time now..
It is not like the animals are any licensed characters, they are generic animals that just by chance showed up in a licensed set first :shrug_oh_well:

The photos of new City set 40373 show a recolored teddy bear : probably in medium blue. :wub:
And there are two of them per set!

Personally, I think animal moulds are much better than build it yourself animals. They're just easier to use. They should put some of these goats in like a mountain explorers subtheme or something. I'm surprised I didn't see any in the 2018 police wave that took place in the mountains.  

s-l400.jpg

Edited by Brandon Pea

853990-1: Easter Bunny House will be a directly purchaseable set from February 1st. :thumbup:

So not a Gift With Purchase ( €7.99 / $7.99 US / £6.99 UK)

tn_853990_alt1_jpg.jpg

Also a new 1500 part Classic Box available at the same time 11011-1: Bricks and Animals , I know it's not animal moulds but didn't want to make a seperate topic for Classic set.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

853990-1: Easter Bunny House will be a directly purchaseable set from February 1st. :thumbup:

So not a Gift With Purchase ( €7.99 / $7.99 US / £6.99 UK)

tn_853990_alt1_jpg.jpg

Also a new 1500 part Classic Box available at the same time 11011-1: Bricks and Animals , I know it's not animal moulds but didn't want to make a seperate topic for Classic set.

What's your source?

3 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

What's your source?

LEGO.com , type in set numbers in the shop.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 1/15/2020 at 11:03 PM, Accio Lego said:

Not going to lie, I would buy multiples of those. And I’m not even trying to army build a cavalry or put together a medieval or western scene. If Lego hasn’t realized we’d want this someone is dropping the ball. I’m pretty sure most of us would pay a little more for a slightly larger bag if they needed to do it like that. 

I have a pick a brick cup filled with horses from circa 2006 or 08, really wish Lego still did this with updated horses...

A man can dream

I know animal molds from Friends typically aren't regarded here much, but apparently the theme's summer wave will be introducing two new Elephant molds, both adult and infant sized.