Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

They had a blue scorpion in the last 2019 €9.99 4x4 desert rally car, so putting at least 1 small animal in a safari set would make sense.

Also hope there's an animal in the supposedly €9.99 "Forest Fire" set

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:56 AM, Roebuck said:

From what I understand the set comes in city next year..
Have not been one since the set in your profile picture I think..
A new mould would be best, but something like a zebra as a recolored horse would also work very well. At the very least include a existing animal, if they do not include a animal it is no safari right :wacko:

Yes, a safari vehicle is long overdue. In fact 2020 will be the 30th anniversary of my profile pic set's release! Even this had a monkey during a time when animal moulds were limited to horse, shark, monkey and parrot!

Very annoying so many animals have never been released despite Lego's long history. I'd prefer a giraffe if there is to be a safari animal included in this set. It's ridiculous we have somebody dressed as a giraffe but no actual giraffe!

I suppose they could include the CMF flamingo or I'd even settle for a re-release of the Prince of Persia ostrich.

Let's hope next year's people pack is 'Fun on Safari', followed by an annual 'Fun at the Zoo' set...

Edited by lifeinplastic

On 10/29/2019 at 4:41 PM, lifeinplastic said:

Very annoying so many animals have never been released despite Lego's long history. I'd prefer a giraffe if there is to be a safari animal included in this set. It's ridiculous we have somebody dressed as a giraffe but no actual giraffe!I

The hot dog costume predated the hot dog bun, so hopefully that trend will continue here! I’ve wanted a LEGO giraffe since I was a kid! :grin_wub:

I’d hazard a guess that a lion would be the most likely ‘new’ animal yielded by a one off safari set. Would only need a new head on the existing big cat body, and it’s the glaring omission in the use of that mould. 

8 hours ago, williejm said:

I’d hazard a guess that a lion would be the most likely ‘new’ animal yielded by a one off safari set. Would only need a new head on the existing big cat body, and it’s the glaring omission in the use of that mould. 

Sounds like a likely candidate yes :wink: It is only Lego that can make a mountain lion several years before they make a normal lion, but that is part of the fun since we never know what we will get next :grin: Ideally we would get a lioness in the small set and a male lion in a bigger set, but I agree it is a male lion or a different animal in the safari set. I do not think they will make a giraffe for such a small set, if it had been a safari sub-theme it would be different regarding new moulds. I believe a lion or a zebra is the best we can hope for, could end up being only a small animal also :shrug_oh_well:

21 hours ago, williejm said:

I also don't think a 'zebra' recolour of the existing horse mould would work well, fwiw. 

Spoiler

I saw a zebra on the inside tour that was a recolor of the old horse mould and that at least looked good :sweet: Should work for the new mould also, but hard to tell before we see it i guess :wink:

That is why I got a hang up on zebras now :blush:
I am not sure what it was made for, but unfortunately it was never released :sadnew:

Chinese New Year’s sets have the frog in white in one set and a rabbit and a rat in the other :wink:

Edited by Roebuck

Not many animals in next years hidden side sets unfortunately, but one of the smaller sets has a bat and 2 spiders in black :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Wow those look great. This is way too early for these to be from CMF S20, right?

Yeah, that can’t be it... My guess is they’re from the City theme, just like that owl that leaked months ago :classic:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Wow those look great. This is way too early for these to be from CMF S20, right?

58 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, that can’t be it... My guess is they’re from the City theme, just like that owl that leaked months ago :classic:

Is Harry Potter perhaps a possibility? *

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the source material.

6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Nope, that wouldn’t make any sense :wink: There’s no way parts from June 2020 are already leaking and I don’t think there are any notable English Bulldogs in the HP franchise... 

10 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Maybe the light brown one - the coloring isn't quite right for Ripper; he had more white on his body and his collar was black, not blue, but probably only the nerdiest of fans (e.g. me) would notice or care about something like that.

ETA: As noted above, though, it's way too early for 2HY leaks, so even if it were to show up in a HP set it would just be a convenient repurposing of a piece initially released in something else.

Edited by tafkatb

5 hours ago, Ogist said:

I just saw two new English bulldog on IG. Looks great.

Nice find :sweet::thumbup:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don’t think there are any notable English Bulldogs in the HP franchise... 

There is one; Ripper! Aunt Marge favourite dog, she has 12 English bulldogs, but only bring Ripper when travelling to the Dursleys.. So the mould could definitely be used in HP in the future, but as you say that is probably to early for HP leaks (and it do not explain the other colour)..

Could be city I guess, but then it is strange there is 2 colours at the same time  :sceptic: Maybe city made the mould and the modular, BAM or similar used it in another colour (then strange they leaked together)? The most likely theme is CMF, but the DC series do not have any figs than can come with bulldogs and series 20 is to far away right (the white bulldog leaked a month ago)? The gold tooth makes me think of a licensed theme, but have no idea which one :wacko: It is a real mystery to me *huh*

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Nice find :sweet::thumbup:

There is one; Ripper! Aunt Marge favourite dog, she has 12 English bulldogs, but only bring Ripper when travelling to the Dursleys.. So the mould could definitely be used in HP in the future, but as you say that is probably to early for HP leaks (and it do not explain the other colour)..

Could be city I guess, but then it is strange there is 2 colours at the same time  :sceptic: Maybe city made the mould and the modular, BAM or similar used it in another colour (then strange they leaked together)? The most likely theme is CMF, but the DC series do not have any figs than can come with bulldogs and series 20 is to far away right (the white bulldog leaked a month ago)? The gold tooth makes me think of a licensed theme, but have no idea which one :wacko: It is a real mystery to me *huh*

May be trolls world tour or minions?

19 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:
19 hours ago, Roebuck said:

May be trolls world tour or minions?

Oh, I know, it's The Rocketeer! :laugh: :sarcasm_smug:

rocketeeradventures_04_cvra.jpg

On 11/17/2019 at 4:52 AM, Ogist said:

I just saw two new English bulldog on IG. Looks great.

On 11/17/2019 at 5:01 AM, Robert8 said:

On 11/17/2019 at 6:42 AM, Lego-Freak said:

On 11/17/2019 at 1:02 PM, Terrasher said:

Woooooah! That bulldog mould looks awesome! Hope we get it in a cheap set or in Bricks and Pieces.

On 11/17/2019 at 1:39 PM, Ogist said:

Maybe one bulldog will be in new modular set?

Looks like the "angrier" white bulldog is coming in next year's Police HQ set for City (a.k.a. set no. 60246).

25 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Looks like the "angrier" white bulldog is coming in next year's Police HQ set for City (a.k.a. set no. 60246).

Yes, and the winking owl is confirmed to come in the forest fire set

38 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ah, yeah, I see it... guess it'll be a B&P or Bricklink order, then.

On a side note, magnets? Flying helicopters? Named cops and robbers? Woah, lotsa strange stuff in the city police line.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Yes, and the winking owl is confirmed to come in the forest fire set

Not bad for a city winter wave, they even put 4 fish in one of the sets for fun :sweet:

6 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Ah, yeah, I see it... guess it'll be a B&P or Bricklink order, then.

Since it is city it should be no problem with them shoving up in B&P :thumbup:

I wonder if the other bulldog is coming with the modular? What else are we expecting now that can have it? Could also be BAM, but strange if it is released so close to the new mould there, or maybe a limited city set :shrug_oh_well:

Seeing as a new mould for a bulldog and an owl are included in two 2020 City sets for Police and Fire respectively, this would make it even more strange if a new safari animal is not included with the safari vehicle, so I remain hopeful. However, given the atrocious vehicles included in the 2020 Police and Fire line, I do worry who is approving designs at Lego and fear we'll end up with something horrendous and no safari animal.

2 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Seeing as a new mould for a bulldog and an owl are included in two 2020 City sets for Police and Fire respectively, this would make it even more strange if a new safari animal is not included with the safari vehicle, so I remain hopeful. However, given the atrocious vehicles included in the 2020 Police and Fire line, I do worry who is approving designs at Lego and fear we'll end up with something horrendous and no safari animal.

Forget that - I have just seen a pic of the safari truck. There's a re-issue of the lion from the Jungle sets. A bit disappointing really as this was a perfect opportunity for something new.

Come on Lego, is it too much to ask for a giraffe and a hippo (particularly one that separates the upper and lower body so you have the option of it looking like it's semi-submerged)