Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

23 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Ok, so, really... they made the deer mould for Harry Potter.
It would be a total shame to not make a deer next year somehow!!

I could not agree more :wink: Should be easy to put it in e.g. a city set since there is no castle sets coming. Maybe a friends set as long as they do not print on doe-eyes (pun intended) :tongue:

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I'd really welcome some nature photographers sets, like people going taking pictures of deers, moose or the like.

What a fantastic idea for a city sub-theme:sweet:

Edited by Roebuck

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

On the other hand they never reprised the goat mold... so I'm not hopeful.

Do not give up hope, even the horse had not been in a set since 2015 until it shoved up in HP this year :wink:

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

On the other hand they never reprised the goat mold... so I'm not hopeful.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Do not give up hope, even the horse had not been in a set since 2015 until it shoved up in HP this year :wink:

There were plans to reprise the mold. The designer of the Jurassic Park D2C set wanted put a goat in the stomach of the TRex! But unfortunately he didn’t have enough time to remake the mold.

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I could not agree more :wink: Should be easy to put it in e.g. a city set since there is no castle sets coming. Maybe a friends set as long as they do not print on doe-eyes (pun intended) 

Funny you mention that because the new deer mould (and even an unexpected smaller deer) pop up in the new Disney Frozen II sets ...

https://brickset.com/sets/41166-1/Elsa-and-the-Reindeer-Carriage

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Why is this thread called "round 3"?

It started out as a guessing game, but became more news related and discussions about animal moulds as time went by.. I did not think it was possible to change the headline, before I tried now after your comment :blush:
Maybe a moderator can merge this tread with the "round 1" and "round 2" also?

It;s being reported over in the Harry Potter thread that a new bulldog (floppy ears and a red collar) and owl have leaked. I've yet to find said leaks, but thought I'd mention it anyhow.

Just now, K_Tiger said:

It;s being reported over in the Harry Potter thread that a new bulldog (floppy ears and a red collar) and owl have leaked. I've yet to find said leaks, but thought I'd mention it anyhow.

Sounds great :excited: But so far I can not find them either, keep hitting the refresh button on instagram :tongue:

The new Harry Potter patronus stag has a slot in the back to enable a saddle etc to fit. I would expect at least it to be used in a Christmas Santa sled set :)

Also I’m a big fan of the new little dove which is coming in the Aladdin sets, it is quite versatile: if they colour it brown and give it new paint it would make an excellent European robin

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Found the owl ?

Yup, definitely looks like it's meant to be Errol from the Harry Potter line.

4 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Yay for the new owl! Found it on Instagram - tan, with brown feathers, and either winking or one-eyed (is Errol one-eyed??). 
Looking forward to the dog, I have not found it yet.

The Harry Potter people in the Licensed thread say it's not Errol. As I wrote there, I could imagine the Bulldog in the Modular Building, and the owl maybe to a possible Winnie the Pooh ideas set, that just reached 10.000 votes. But Hidden Side seems plausible as well.

41 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

The Harry Potter people in the Licensed thread say it's not Errol. As I wrote there, I could imagine the Bulldog in the Modular Building, and the owl maybe to a possible Winnie the Pooh ideas set, that just reached 10.000 votes. But Hidden Side seems plausible as well.

Yeah, Errol is a gray owl in the movies, so jury still out there. From the markings I’d guess it’s supposed to be a great horned owl - or something similar. 

Bulldog I have no idea about. Seems a little odd to get a bulldog so soon after the French bulldog ...

8 hours ago, williejm said:

Bulldog I have no idea about. Seems a little odd to get a bulldog so soon after the French bulldog ...

Still have not seen it *huh*, but i think the designer teams within Lego talk and collaborate a lot. So e.g. the Hidden side say they are making a new dog mould for a named character, they have not decided on the breed, but it needs to have a lot of personality. Then in comes the WW team and say they need a bulldog for Ripper in a set they are making next year. So they agree to make a bulldog for Hidden side with a gold tooth and angry eyes to give it character, that the WW team can reuse with a more realistic printing later..

I am pretty sure that was what happened with the updated rat mould! It was definitely made with WW in mind, but came in a city set first. Extinct frozen animals in ice; Mammoth, Saber-toothed tiger and rat! Find the odd one out :tongue:

25 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The owl is from a city FIREMEN set.

Thanks for the info :sweet:

Would not have guessed that, assumed it was from a story based theme not a realistic one like city *huh*

You din not happen to see the stag mould in another fireman set?! :wink:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Thanks for the info :sweet:

Would not have guessed that, assumed it was from a story based theme not a realistic one like city *huh*

You din not happen to see the stag mould in another fireman set?! :wink:

Now I'm cryin'.
No animal moulds apart from that one, in contrast with the previous years.

On 10/14/2019 at 1:21 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Now I'm cryin'.
No animal moulds apart from that one, in contrast with the previous years.

Not in 60267 Safari Off-Roader either?!
Come on Lego would be a perfect place to put e.g. a zebra :hmpf:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Not in 60267 Safari Off-Roader either?!
Come on Lego would be a perfect place to put e.g. a zebra :hmpf:

There's a safari off-roader coming? Is this minifigure scale? If so, absolutely inexcusable from Lego if they don't add some sort or new appropriate animal mould...

20 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

There's a safari off-roader coming? Is this minifigure scale? If so, absolutely inexcusable from Lego if they don't add some sort or new appropriate animal mould...

From what I understand the set comes in city next year..
Have not been one since the set in your profile picture I think..
A new mould would be best, but something like a zebra as a recolored horse would also work very well. At the very least include a existing animal, if they do not include a animal it is no safari right :wacko: