Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

On 3/2/2019 at 9:08 PM, Wesley D said:

It's fun to see new animal moulds being released every now and then. I'm always looking out for them, but I think it is often hard to get them.

Lego Bricks & pieces is a good place to buy animals, if they are expensive there they may get cheaper as times goes, e.g. the crabs just dropped a lot in price in 2019 :wink:

There is a new Easter pod coming including the white bunny, so hopefully the price on the bunny will drop now that it included in more and small sets :grin:

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Lego Bricks & pieces is a good place to buy animals, if they are expensive there they may get cheaper as times goes, e.g. the crabs just dropped a lot in price in 2019 :wink:

Interesting to know the prices might go down with time, but I don't think I would dare to wait once a wanted piece gets available.

A lot of animals are pretty rare, only released in one set or with a collectible minifigure, and it's never sure when and if it will be released again.

I'm eagerly awaiting the little bird (48831) from set 41161. At the moment it isn't yet listed under Bricks & Pieces. Do such statuses change over time? Could this be linked to the Disney licence (I wouldn't be surprised to see the bird coming recolored with a Snow White minifigure) or is it rather because it's a recent element?

1 hour ago, Wesley D said:

Interesting to know the prices might go down with time, but I don't think I would dare to wait once a wanted piece gets available.

A lot of animals are pretty rare, only released in one set or with a collectible minifigure, and it's never sure when and if it will be released again.

I'm eagerly awaiting the little bird (48831) from set 41161. At the moment it isn't yet listed under Bricks & Pieces. Do such statuses change over time? Could this be linked to the Disney licence (I wouldn't be surprised to see the bird coming recolored with a Snow White minifigure) or is it rather because it's a recent element?

No, the safest is to get them when they show up, but if you later decide you need more, then sometimes the price is lower. I think it has to do with availability, when a new animal pops up everyone is ordering like crazy, then maybe a year later people have "forgot" about it and if Lego has a lot of the part they may lower the price sometimes..

Some animals end up like licensed parts just because they happen to be in a licensed set the first time e.g. the lobster, but that is available now I think, so it can change over time :wink:

If you do not know it is also possible to phone in an order, and get other parts that are not available online yet, maybe the bird also :shrug_oh_well:
It was in a Harry Potter book build, so I am sure it will be in other sets soon, finely a minidoll animal the rest of us can use as well :tongue:

Harry’s stag patronus hast just leaked, and it’s trans light blue :grin: I think a proper stag will follow suit at one point, maybe next year?

30 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Harry’s stag patronus hast just leaked, and it’s trans light blue :grin: I think a proper stag will follow suit at one point, maybe next year?

Or maybe even in a advent calendar, winter village or promo set this Christmas :grin: Finally a Lego deer mould, thank you Harry Potter once again giving us a new animal mould :wub:

A new picture shows the stag in its full glory and judging by the different shades of blue for the antlers, it appears to be dual-moulded :thumbup:

I think they're a separate piece utilizing a softer plastic. I can definitely see it as a regular stag release somewhere down the line.

Buckbeak doesn't look bad, either.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

A new picture shows the stag in its full glory and judging by the different shades of blue for the antlers, it appears to be dual-moulded :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I think they're a separate piece utilizing a softer plastic. I can definitely see it as a regular stag release somewhere down the line.

Buckbeak doesn't look bad, either.

It is good I guess so they can have a different color on the antler in the future, but ideally it should have been 2 different moulds :shrug_oh_well:

To be picky the legs are to fat and i am unsure if they are cloven-footed :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Or maybe even in a advent calendar, winter village or promo set this Christmas :grin:

Could a City Advent Calendar accommodate such a large animal mold/assembly? :shrug_confused:

I mean, that to me does seem like the best place to introduce a reindeer recolor of this stag mold. 

On 2/15/2019 at 1:03 PM, Robert8 said:

This is the weirdest year ever of animal moulds

Cat with moahawk, ghost dog, blue dinosaurs and headless bat

:wacko:

Ok and now a trans blue deer lol

The Stag looks fantastic in glitter trans light blue.  Buckbeak looks great as well.  Looking forward to those ones!

On 3/6/2019 at 12:52 PM, Roebuck said:

It is good I guess so they can have a different color on the antler in the future, but ideally it should have been 2 different moulds :shrug_oh_well:

To be picky the legs are to fat and i am unsure if they are cloven-footed :sceptic:

Tut tut, ‘roebuck’ - yes deer are cloven footed ?

On 3/6/2019 at 12:52 PM, Roebuck said:

I agree the proportions look a little off and interchangeable antlers would have had more use, but I can see why this is a useful model they can use in a number of settings for robot battle reindeer etc - so I can see why they have gone that way. 

22 hours ago, williejm said:

Tut tut, ‘roebuck’ - yes deer are cloven footed ?

:head_back: unsure if Lego knows that :tongue:

22 hours ago, williejm said:

robot battle reindeer

*huh*

On 2/15/2019 at 8:03 PM, Robert8 said:

This is the weirdest year ever of animal moulds

Cat with moahawk, ghost dog, blue dinosaurs and headless bat

:wacko:

On 3/7/2019 at 10:38 PM, CedBricks said:

Yes, duck seems to be a rubber duck, unfortunately. 

On 3/16/2019 at 4:28 PM, Robert8 said:

New whale mold... but its pink

20 minutes ago, williejm said:

Looks like a new dolphin mould has surfaced, I guess it’s a ‘baby’ Friends one ... 

I can not remember last time we got this many new animal moulds and almost every one is useless to me :wacko: What a frustrating waste of moulds :wall:
I am counting on Harry Potter to save the year :tongue:

8 hours ago, williejm said:

Hurray for the cheeky wee bird with Jasmine in the Disney CMF 2

Not bad! Finally a useful animal from that side :wink: I was in a set already, but it was probably made from the CMF budget..

7 small coral reef animals have leaked, looks like something like the accessories that comes in minidoll sets *huh*

1. emperor angelfish
  2. seahorse
  3. star fish
  4. octopus?
  5. fish?
  6. trumpet snail?
  7. sea shell

Yeah, they look awesome.  Really curious to see how they will turn up.  Good use for that new coral color, too.

New friends set 41378 called "dolphin rescue" seems to have 3 new molds in 1 set: a baby dolphin, a baby octopus and tiny seahorse. It also has starfish, some clams i havent seen before, a regular dolphin and a few of those new coral parts. 

If there is a ranking on "what set contains most animal molds" i think this one will shoot to the top out of the blue... :laugh:

I hope we get a normal colored deer or reindeer, after the Patronus set shown the new mold.
Would be awesome to see it in a christmas set , but even better, Forestmen.

Edited by TeriXeri

Is the new ‘coral’ piece from friends on the list? Have to say it looks pretty useful for organic structure building