Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

Well, the eagle is holding a fish, so there's at least those two.

Indeed

And that eagle is a really nice surprise. Looks like another cracking year for new animal moulds already.

1 minute ago, K_Tiger said:

Indeed. Can't wait to see the mammoth and saber-toothed tiger, and the CMF Elephant Suit's mouse.

Was just looking at the legs on the brick built rhino in the Black Panther sets - those leg pieces *must* be reused in the mammoth, surely? 

Assuming they are - they have rather more studs and connectivity than previous animal moulds have.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I'd almost be surprised if they didn't reuse those legs.

agreed. 

Does make me think though that there are other uses planned for them, given the connectivity they have.

I think they also used the legs for the luggabeast in SW?

I am happy that we get a bird of pray in minifig size finally! Was hoping for a deer, but still no luck :wacko:

I expecting at least a dog in the set, should include a small rare animal also like a skunk etc..

There will be a small/baby dinosaur in one of the jurassic parc sets (i believe the juniors one)

Possibly a new cat colour in the upcoming Harry Potter Hogwarts great hall set aka Mrs Norris :sweet:

Edited by Roebuck

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Possibly a new cat colour in the upcoming Harry Potter Hogwarts great hall set aka Mrs Norris :sweet:

The only thing I don't like in the new WW wave is having brick-built beasts in Newt's briefcase set :hmpf_bad:

7 hours ago, Litos said:

The only thing I don't like in the new WW wave is having brick-built beasts in Newt's briefcase set :hmpf_bad:

I agree animal moulds would have been better, but not so likely in a small set.. If I have to chose between new "normal animal" moulds and fantastic beast moulds, it is an easy decision :wink:

Maybe a new dog in HP CMF according to rumour, based on padfoot so something like a irish wolfhound or similar :sweet:

wasn't Padfoot in the movies more of a shaggy black shepherd type dog? If so they may just use a recolour of the existing 'standard' dog mould...

4 hours ago, williejm said:

wasn't Padfoot in the movies more of a shaggy black shepherd type dog? If so they may just use a recolour of the existing 'standard' dog mould...

Well the first appearance I am not sure what kind of dog they went for, something very scary at least..
Here he is something like a Irish wolfhound, Scottish Deerhound etc:

On 14/1/2018 at 5:54 PM, Roebuck said:

I agree animal moulds would have been better, but not so likely in a small set.. If I have to chose between new "normal animal" moulds and fantastic beast moulds, it is an easy decision :wink:

I prefer not to choose between them and buy only the new moulds :grin:

I've just seen the images of the new arctic sets and there is a kind of grey dog in one of the sets. The polar bear seems different too :wacko:

What a year this is going to be for animal molds!!! Im mostly excited about the new bird (most likely an eagle) with the mammoth a close second. The prelim photos of it look fantastic. I haven't seen anything in the pics that would suggest an orca is in it. 

Yeah, I've only just now seen the tiny preliminary image of the mammoth, but it looks great so far.  Can't wait for a more highly detailed picture to emerge.

14 hours ago, Litos said:

I've just seen the images of the new arctic sets and there is a kind of grey dog in one of the sets. The polar bear seems different too :wacko:

The dog is in 2 sets, but I am pretty sure it is the husky.. Unsure about the polar bear, maybe it is different or maybe it has a chicken drumstick in its mouth:wacko:

8 hours ago, froggy95 said:

What a year this is going to be for animal molds!!! Im mostly excited about the new bird (most likely an eagle) with the mammoth a close second. The prelim photos of it look fantastic. I haven't seen anything in the pics that would suggest an orca is in it. 

I also prefer live animals over extinct, but maybe the mammoth can work as a elephant with a new head, if so it increases the chance of getting one in the near future :wub:
I think the killer whale is in the limited set, like the tiger in last years jungle series..

49 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The dog is in 2 sets, but I am pretty sure it is the husky.. Unsure about the polar bear, maybe it is different or maybe it has a chicken drumstick in its mouth:wacko:

The dog in one set looks like the husky. But in the other it looks different. May just be a recolour or a placeholder. Here’s hoping it’s a wolf!

polar bear Does look like it has a tan muzzle (which would be consistent with other bear printing but not really accurate or needed on the polar bear)

curious to see the orca and whatever that small unidentifiied things is in the ice!

8 hours ago, williejm said:

The dog in one set looks like the husky. But in the other it looks different. May just be a recolour or a placeholder. Here’s hoping it’s a wolf!

polar bear Does look like it has a tan muzzle (which would be consistent with other bear printing but not really accurate or needed on the polar bear)

I agree on both points, but another dog/wolf is very unlikely and in a starter pack also :sceptic: Tan muzzle is not accurate no, so that would be even odder :wacko:

8 hours ago, williejm said:

curious to see the orca and whatever that small unidentifiied things is in the ice!

Me too, maybe it is only a big egg :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Roebuck

On 1/17/2018 at 12:52 PM, Roebuck said:

Here he is something like a Irish wolfhound, Scottish Deerhound etc:

An Irish Wolfhound would certainly be great, as they are such beautiful dogs. :classic:

9 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I also prefer live animals over extinct, but maybe the mammoth can work as a elephant with a new head, if so it increases the chance of getting one in the near future 

While mammoths have very sloped backs, the new body mold seen in the preliminary doesn't seem too sloped, so that very well could plausibly happen. Besides, it seems like it's only a matter of time before we see a Serengeti safari subtheme for City.

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

An Irish Wolfhound would certainly be great, as they are such beautiful dogs. :classic:

While mammoths have very sloped backs, the new body mold seen in the preliminary doesn't seem too sloped, so that very well could plausibly happen. Besides, it seems like it's only a matter of time before we see a Serengeti safari subtheme for City.

My guess is there is no sloped back for the molding can be used for a elephant in the future. It also seems that the sabertooth tiger uses the same body as the panther and tiger but with a different head. If this is indeed the case I could see them using the same body mold for a lion only replacing the head 

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If this is indeed the case I could see them using the same body mold for a lion only replacing the head 

Why of course, another essential animal necessary for a Serengeti subtheme! 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

9 hours ago, williejm said:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I agree on both points, but another dog/wolf is very unlikely and in a starter pack also :sceptic: Tan muzzle is not accurate no, so that would be even odder :wacko:

I think the dog/wolf in 60191 set is a placeholder like the mammoth because they both have no printed eyes. They're different from the polar bear and the husky in 60194 set. I'm not sure about the saber-toothed tiger.

Maybe the mammoth mould is formed by two parts: one being the body and the other one being the trunk, the head and the slope.