Latest news about Lego animal moulds

This is the weirdest year ever of animal moulds

Cat with moahawk, ghost dog, blue dinosaurs and headless bat

:wacko:

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

headless bat

?*huh*

Another weird animal :tongue:
The crocodile comes in a new colour, maybe glow in the dark (?) in a hidden side set?

Edited by Roebuck

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

?*huh*

The crocodile comes in a new colour, maybe glow in the dark (?) in a hidden side set?

The Spa set from TLM2 has a bat with a bar instead of a head, so can you can put Balthazar's head

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

The Spa set from TLM2 has a bat with a bar instead of a, so can you can put Balthazar's head

OK, a strange animal mould year indeed :wacko:

Edited by Roebuck

1 hour ago, CedBricks said:

The "new" alligator in what appears to be tan colour is fantastic!

I must have missed in what set that will be included, can you point that out please :look:

On 2/15/2019 at 2:59 PM, Roebuck said:

The husky comes in a new color in one of the Jurassic sets :thumbup:

In that new color it doenst look like a husky at all but it works out great indeed...

IMG_20190217_135934.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:03 PM, Robert8 said:

This is the weirdest year ever of animal moulds

Cat with moahawk, ghost dog, blue dinosaurs and headless bat

:wacko:

Yes - It's a shame we can't just get some standard, minifigure-scale, non-Friendsified animals not to have been release previously, rather than quirky, useless rubbish.

e.g. a sheep, a giraffe, a hippopotamus, a rhinoceros a zebra, a sea lion, a kangaroo, a turtle/tortoise

1 hour ago, lifeinplastic said:

Yes - It's a shame we can't just get some standard, minifigure-scale, non-Friendsified animals not to have been release previously, rather than quirky, useless rubbish.

e.g. a sheep, a giraffe, a hippopotamus, a rhinoceros a zebra, a sea lion, a kangaroo, a turtle/tortoise

Preach it brother! Non-friends animals please!

1 hour ago, lifeinplastic said:

I'd like to see some Horses again, last time we saw a normal minifig horse was in a 2015 Scooby Doo set.

More recent horses all have been in Friends, Minecraft or Duplo sets and use different designs.

Horse could be reprinted into a Zebra as well.

Maybe we get a Horse in the Amusement Park People Pack, or Creator 3-in-1 Carousel but I doubt it.

Even cooler if there were to be a Horses Xtra polybag.

Most realistic comeback of horses would be in a Castle, City Farm or Western theme.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I'd like to see some Horses again, last time we saw a normal minifig horse was in a 2015 Scooby Doo set.

More recent horses all have been in Friends, Minecraft or Duplo sets and use different designs.

Horse could be reprinted into a Zebra as well.

Maybe we get a Horse in the Amusement Park People Pack, or Creator 3-in-1 Carousel but I doubt it.

Even cooler if there were to be a Horses Xtra polybag.

Most realistic comeback of horses would be in a Castle, City Farm or Western theme.

We’ve not had a single western theme in this millennium and I’m super salty about it!

Horses Xtra poly bag sounds like a great idea, £3.99 I reckon the price would be similar to the shark one.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:05 PM, Roebuck said:

?*huh*

Unfortunately not, it’s brick yellow (tan). I suspect that the pale green pieces could be White Glow (glow in the dark), either that or spring yellowish green.

11 minutes ago, J4ck said:

We’ve not had a single western theme in this millennium and I’m super salty about it!

Lone Ranger

On 2/18/2019 at 6:16 PM, Robert8 said:

Lone Ranger

Oh yeah :grin:

Ok then, we’ve not had a single original western Lego theme this millennium and I’m super salty about that.

Edited by J4ck

15 hours ago, legoboy_4 said:

Also a buffalo would be awesome

By which I presume you mean a bison? If so, totally agree, but would need a Wild West type set to justify. Have to admit I got my hopes up that the Lone Ranger sets would give us one (especially after Prince of Persia had given us camels and ostriches). 

4 hours ago, williejm said:

By which I presume you mean a bison?

Yes that is what I meant.  Gorilla would be nice too.  Just some more zoo animals in general.

I would flip my lid if TLG released a system-scale giraffe. For now I’ll just have to settle for Giraffe Suit Guy from TLM2.  :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

There was to be an official Buffalo/Bison mold back in '96 for the Western theme then, yet it never came to be.

Brickipedia - Bison 

Yes, that was a bummer, would have been the cherry on the cake in the excellent western theme :cry_sad:

On 2/27/2019 at 7:37 AM, Roebuck said:

Yes, that was a bummer, would have been the cherry on the cake in the excellent western theme :cry_sad:

Though, tbh it would now look way out of place with modern Lego animals ...

4 hours ago, williejm said:

Though, tbh it would now look way out of place with modern Lego animals ...

Well some of the "first generation" animals stand the test of time pretty good, and I would have much preferred a herd of "old" bison in my collection than nothing like now :cry_sad: E.g. elephant and horse foal :wink:

Edited by Roebuck

It's fun to see new animal moulds being released every now and then. I'm always looking out for them, but I think it is often hard to get them.

Edited by Wesley D