Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

17 hours ago, x105Black said:

Are they currently available?  What are their Element Numbers?

Oh sorry I mislead you I meant when the sets are released.

On 5/12/2018 at 12:34 AM, notpennysboat said:

I'd like to see and to get a beautiful wolf. As a recolored one, I still would love a new cobra (from CMF) in dark red and black.

I was thinking black with dark red.:laugh:

I would like updated frog and bat moulds. With eye printing. I would also like to see the West Highland Terrier mould reused and available to buy on Bricks and Pieces :cry_sad:

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

The Voldemort CMF has a great new snake mold.

The snake mould looks great, but not sure it is real :sceptic:

The new spider mould in a new colour in the smallest HP set, 3 "brown" and 2 black (the black is also in other HP sets)

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The new spider mould in a new colour in the smallest HP set, 3 "brown" and 2 black (the black is also in other HP sets)

Yeah, i want those

The crab in some form of red colour are making a comeback in Lego Creator 31084, it has been 7 or 17 years depending on the type or red *huh*

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Minifigure Series comes with 6 animals!

• Two owls where one have a new colour
  • The new rat mould with maybe a new bald patch in the head
  • The FB niffler, it is new, but is also in a set
  • the cat in a new colour
  • a new big snake mould

I find it weird

I like it but Nagini should have been bigger, right? 

I'm delighted! I thought there would be creatures in this CMF series, but not so many :excited:

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I find it weird

I like it but Nagini should have been bigger, right? 

"Nagini was a large, green snake, roughly twelve feet long and as thick as a man's thigh."

If that reference is right around 3,7m,  the length is not so bad, but she is a a little thin.. Do not get me wrong I love the mould, but the one in the film was definitely longer than 3,7m, she had a more "man-eating" size, but it is a magic snake so maybe a 3,7 m long snake eat humans for dinner :tongue:

Still pining for the much-rumoured orca, that failed to materialise in the City Arctic sets this summer.

I want to see the goat return. It was in something like one expensive Castle set and then never popped its pointy horns out again. Why on earth did TLG do that?

On 8/16/2018 at 1:44 PM, Roebuck said:

The new big snake from the CMF comes in a new colour in Hogwarts Castle 71043 :thumbup:

Which snake? ? Voldemort's?

On 8/16/2018 at 3:22 AM, DarrellBricker said:

Maybe the CMF series will do a Farmer's Wife and include a goat someday, to go along with the Farmer and his pig ... :)

Wouldn’t a calf or foal be more likely (and welcome) then a 2011 mould? 

2 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Wouldn’t a calf or foal be more likely (and welcome) then a 2011 mould? 

I would say sheep is the most likely with such a fig, but Lego usually do not what is most likely when it comes to new animal moulds :tongue: A updated foal could very well happen and even a calf :wink:

It would be way too expensive to produce a new "big" animal for the CMF line. So they either reuse an old big mold like the dolphin the Batman Movie 2 series, or produce a new one but small animal like a duck or something

Of course, this is just me guessing

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

It would be way too expensive to produce a new "big" animal for the CMF line. So they either reuse an old big mold like the dolphin the Batman Movie 2 series, or produce a new one but small animal like a duck or something

Of course, this is just me guessing

Seems like the CMF has a huge new mould budget compared to most other themes.. They did make a rather big snake in the WW series just now, I think that it is more the size of the bag that limits the mould size and not the budget :shrug_oh_well:

I've been thinking about the recent splurge of great animal moulds, and Lego's apparent resistance to ever doing a 'zoo' theme. Which got me thinking on why that is, what animals are actually 'needed', and how we might get them without a zoo theme.

Firstly, I think that we simply will never get a Lego zoo theme. Lego must have looked at this as an option, and decided against it. It may be an issue of a combination of things such as expensive animal moulds, lack of vehicles options (i mean, who needs a Zoo Copter?), but I think it's largely that it would spark a vocal minority of objectors to Lego celebrating animals in captivity and they just don't wanna go there.

At the same time we already have in circulation a lot of animals at a rough count of modern printed Lego animals you might find in a zoo - 3 types of bear, 4 big cats, camel, ostrich, crocagator, penguin, chimp, parrots, skunk, owls. Top that off with a python, cobra, frogs, scorpions and spiders for your 'reptile house', and pigs, rabbits and goats for your 'petting zoo'.

So what are the notable missing animals? I'd say priority Elephant, Lion, Giraffe, Zebra, Meerkats - all of which could reasonably appear as free ranging wild animals in a Safari or 'Safari police' ''Safari Vet' theme. Then you have other nice-to-haves like Kangaroo, Koala, Panda, Lemur and maybe a Gorilla or Orang Utan - these could feasibly be part of an Adventurers Theme reboot, and maybe even an 'Outback Police'.

A few of the smaller ones like meerkats, koalas, lemurs could easily come as CMF accessories too.

Given the recent sets with new animal moulds, I think any of those could be possible one off waves that give us what we want and need.