Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

20 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Yes must be a new mould..

If it is indeed portraying a bomber hat, I hope to see it utilized for a new take on the CMF Pilot archetype in the near future. :classic:

22 hours ago, Roebuck said:

There is a husky in the promo pic for city Arctic/Antarctic. Not a big surprise that the theme will have huskies, but nice the get it confirmed :classic:

I guess the theme will have bigger surprises on the animal mould front also :grin:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-city-2018-polar-forscher-kehren-zurueck-teaser-im-neuen-lego-katalog/49166

At least we all know about one new big animal :sweet:. Maybe the theme will have a seal :sceptic:

On 12/25/2017 at 5:49 AM, Roebuck said:

I guess the theme will have bigger surprises on the animal mould front also

Is the animal you are taking about the whale SVL confirmed a while back?

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is the animal you are taking about the whale SVL confirmed a while back?

Yes, my guess is that the animal I have been hinting about also will be in the same theme, but I do not know and it can show up in several other themes as well :classic:

5a48af3068ddd_Utennavn.png.a83e25ae9df8fe83b29c24dc00a21379.png

To sum up the animal mould year I have made a new overview including 2017 over all the normal animals Lego have released in minifig scale (Not minidoll, duplo, crazy eyes/colours etc).

To compare different years, I gave a new mould 4 points, new colour or updated mould 3 points, 2 points per animal or 1 point per small common animal (bats, frogs, spiders etc).

Hopefully not to many errors made in the process :blush:

2017 has been a fantastic Lego animal mould year and sets a new all time high with over 250 points :sweet:

Edited by Roebuck
small file

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

5a48af3068ddd_Utennavn.png.a83e25ae9df8fe83b29c24dc00a21379.png

To sum up the animal mould year I have made a new overview including 2017 over all the normal animals Lego have released in minifig scale (Not minidoll, duplo, crazy eyes/colours etc).

To compare different years, I gave a new mould 4 points, new colour or updated mould 3 points, 2 points per animal or 1 point per small common animal (bats, frogs, spiders etc).

Hopefully not to many errors made in the process :blush:

2017 has been a fantastic Lego animal mould year and sets a new all time high with over 250 points :sweet:

Have you kept in mind dinosaurs or imaginary creatures to do the overview of each year :classic:?

47 minutes ago, Litos said:

Have you kept in mind dinosaurs or imaginary creatures to do the overview of each year :classic:?

No, not extinct animals, fantastic beast etc, I leave that to others :tongue:

On 31/12/2017 at 2:02 PM, Roebuck said:

No, not extinct animals, fantastic beast etc, I leave that to others :tongue:

Nice :sweet:!

So, I hope this year bring us as many new moulds as 2017.

So we might be getting prehistoric animals for the next new animal molds. According to the brickshow, Lego city is getting a saber tooth tiger and a wooly mammoth (both new molds)

Edited by Falconfan1414

On 11/11/2017 at 5:52 PM, TAFOL said:

I'd like to see a woolly mammoth, the same size as the Orient Expedition elephants from 14 years ago. However, I imagine the chances of that happening are zero to none.

Zero to none is happening once again in Lego animal moulds :tongue:

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So we might be getting prehistoric animals for the next new animal molds. According to the brickshow, Lego city is getting a saber tooth tiger and a wooly mammoth (both new molds)

It was the mammoth I was hinting about earlier, did not know about the saber tooth.. I wounder if the ST-tiger is the big cat mould with a new head, if so more likely with a male lion in the future.. Also how close is the mammoth to a real elephant, time will show..

On 4/1/2018 at 5:55 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

That's amazing news! Is it possible we'll get more new moulds in the rest of the arctic sets :sceptic:?

2 hours ago, Litos said:

That's amazing news! Is it possible we'll get more new moulds in the rest of the arctic sets :sceptic:?

Possibly but unlikely. My guess is they stick with the polar bear, mammoth, saber tooth tiger, and whale. There are huskys in some of the sets  but they don’t use a new mold

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Possibly but unlikely. My guess is they stick with the polar bear, mammoth, saber tooth tiger, and whale. There are huskys in some of the sets  but they don’t use a new mold

I think so too, maybe a different animal frozen in the ice in set 60192. From the description on brickshow; the Ice Crawler was pulling something out of the ice, but hard to see what it was.. It is maybe a a big limited set in the wave also, maybe the whale is there have, not heard any news about that lately..

"The fun outdoor set" should on the other hand bring something new too the zoo :sweet:

30 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I think so too, maybe a different animal frozen in the ice in set 60192. From the description on brickshow; the Ice Crawler was pulling something out of the ice, but hard to see what it was.. It is maybe a a big limited set in the wave also, maybe the whale is there have, not heard any news about that lately..

"The fun outdoor set" should on the other hand bring something new too the zoo :sweet:

We will see at toy fair. The usually display the new animals there

On 1/3/2018 at 11:55 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

This could be very interesting.

Also, Star Wars Solo movie sets will have a new animal called a Corellian Hound.  A little too weird to act as a normal dog, but a new animal mold nonetheless.

Disappointed to be getting moulds of extinct animals rather than more current animals. Was hoping the polar sets would also be more Antarctica based with options to get more of the penguins from the CMF series. Sea lions would be good though.

Speaking of extinct animals, there are going to be some new dinosaurs released with the new Jurassic World sets this year.

9 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Disappointed to be getting moulds of extinct animals rather than more current animals. Was hoping the polar sets would also be more Antarctica based with options to get more of the penguins from the CMF series. Sea lions would be good though.

I agree, but I see why they did it; the kids are going to love it! It is not all bad since we will get a killer whale and hopefully the mammoth is close to the elephant, so most parts of it can be reused as one in a different color :wink:

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I agree, but I see why they did it; the kids are going to love it! It is not all bad since we will get a killer whale and hopefully the mammoth is close to the elephant, so most parts of it can be reused as one in a different color :wink:

not just kids ... :laugh:

8 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Eagle/raptor of some stripe in the people pack.

Is it new?? Looks like it

Also, the mold is able to hold a fish with the claws. Awesome!

Edited by Robert8

7 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I believe it is. Doesn't look as large as the LotR one.

Certainly looks to be smaller and more useful. Hard to tell from the blurry photo if any other animals in that set, I’d kind of assumed there’d be at least a dog, if not a rabbit, now that the mould is available. 

Beach set gave us dolphin, lobster, dog, parrot and a fish. Fingers crossed