Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

On 6/28/2017 at 11:19 PM, Robert8 said:

Also, at some point I'd expect a huge whale mould

It's happening!

Edited by Robert8

12 minutes ago, Ardelon said:

Do we know it will be a mold, as opposed to being brick built?

The source say moulded and for a city line that makes sense. Creator, winter village and seasonal use a lot of brick built animals or a mix, most other themes luckily do not :wink:
One exception is the fantastic set 10193 Medieval Market Village where all the animals are moulded, except the birds. They are nice brick built birds, but look completely out of place next to the moulded animals in the set :sceptic:

Source says it's gonna be in the ballpark of the Duplo Orca, a little longer, but not quite as much girth. I've not seen any pics of the Duplo Orca with a minifigure, but there is one floating around with a 2x6 plate that gives a sense of scale. Looks a little larger than the Big Shark.

After visiting http://www.newelementary.com/ for the first time I discovered that the parrot in the 60153 Fun at the Beach set is actually the updated mould in a new colour :sweet:
I did not look to closely at the parrot and just assumed that it was the old mould since that is the colour it have been in the last years (green/red).. Lego often release a set with an old animal mould after an updated mould is out, I guess to empty the storage of the old part. So I just assumed that had happen here as well :wacko:
As a oddity I checked bricks and pieces for a set with the old mould, and it had the new mould listed as if nothing had happened on the mould front :laugh:

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I think it will be this pigeon, not likely I know, but I am hopeful. 

Good spot, Agent Kallus! Was this in the trailer for the film?

The rabbit recolour is a good call. Hopefully the rabbit won't disappear, never to be seen again, like the ostrich and camel.

Edited by lifeinplastic

4 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Was this in the trailer for the film?

No it was in the trailer for the video game which makes it slightly less likely.

4 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

The rabbit recolour is a good call. Hopefully the rabbit won't disappear, never to be seen again, like the ostrich and camel.

The rabbit has been reported to reappear next year in the city sets. Also a new beehive piece shall be appearing.

Edited by J4ck

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

The rabbit has been reported to reappear next year in the city sets. Also a new beehive piece shall be appearing.

Oh I had missed that, I'm really glad of that though as it should mean it is easier to acquire more rabbits.

20 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Oh I had missed that, I'm really glad of that though as it should mean it is easier to acquire more rabbits.

Too common of an animal to fall into retirement already.

13 hours ago, J4ck said:

Too common of an animal to fall into retirement already.

When it comes to animal moulds Lego are really hard to predict! Take the goat, it is a one hit wonder. Or the seagull was until the Old Fishing Store forced them to bring it back :cry_happy: Think about all the sets they could have put a seagull in during that time, it do not make sense *huh*  Or how about the frog, that little critter jumps into a lot of sets all the time...

Do you remember which city sets the rabbit suppose to be in? Mountain police? Winter village is also a likely place for a rabbit population :classic:

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

When it comes to animal moulds Lego are really hard to predict! Take the goat, it is a one hit wonder. Or the seagull was until the Old Fishing Store forced them to bring it back :cry_happy: Think about all the sets they could have put a seagull in during that time, it do not make sense *huh*  Or how about the frog, that little critter jumps into a lot of sets all the time...

Do you remember which city sets the rabbit suppose to be in? Mountain police? Winter village is also a likely place for a rabbit population :classic:

They are unpredictable and I'd wish they would update the frog piece and include printing on it as well and the same to the bat as well! 

I can't remember, at first I thought it was mountain police but inconsideration I don't think it was specified.

Edited by J4ck

15 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Think about all the sets they could have put a seagull in during that time, it do not make sense *huh* 

Ditto about the cobra (series 13/Snake Charmer/2015), not even one reuse, I posted about this weeks ago, we could have seen it in City Jungle or Ninjago or somewhere else.

7 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

Ditto about the cobra (series 13/Snake Charmer/2015), not even one reuse, I posted about this weeks ago, we could have seen it in City Jungle or Ninjago or somewhere else.

Three letters for you:

BAM

11 hours ago, J4ck said:

Three letters for you:

BAM

Build A Minifigure. The cobras have been readily available there lately, but that's only useful for people near a Lego store.

Agree it's odd that it hasn't been reused yet in a set, or recoloured, though.

57 minutes ago, williejm said:

Build A Minifigure. The cobras have been readily available there lately, but that's only useful for people near a Lego store.

Agree it's odd that it hasn't been reused yet in a set, or recoloured, though.

Yup got it in one. It is rather odd, I feel the new pieces in CMF Series are not used to their absolute potential.

31 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Yup got it in one. It is rather odd, I feel the new pieces in CMF Series are not used to their absolute potential.

Aye, I mean a skunk would be a nice addition to some of those city sets, be they swamp, forest or mountain ... and the seagull has to be the most underused of all.

12 minutes ago, williejm said:

Aye, I mean a skunk would be a nice addition to some of those city sets, be they swamp, forest or mountain ... and the seagull has to be the most underused of all.

Skunk would be perfect for City! I look forward to the return of ye seagull, hopefully it'll be available on B&P.

I take it we clocked the recolour of the scorpion piece in dark blue in Ninjago movie set? Hardly a game-changer in the list of wants or guesses, I'll grant you ...

On 21/08/2017 at 10:33 AM, J4ck said:

Three letters for you:

BAM

I've seen it in BAM but there's no Store at all corners of the streets, I'm talking about a real good reuse, I was so excited about a new snake, it is true that it could have been reused in many sets, maybe not many but several. Talking about the BAM, I get the seagull in it, was the seagull firt appearance was in CMF ? Same question about the chiwawa. We often see CMF parts in BAM, it seems LEGO prefers keep some CMF part for BAM instead of reuses for sets.

10 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

I've seen it in BAM but there's no Store at all corners of the streets, I'm talking about a real good reuse, I was so excited about a new snake, it is true that it could have been reused in many sets, maybe not many but several. Talking about the BAM, I get the seagull in it, was the seagull firt appearance was in CMF ? Same question about the chiwawa. We often see CMF parts in BAM, it seems LEGO prefers keep some CMF part for BAM instead of reuses for sets.

Yes, seagull and chihuahua both first appeared in Series 10. To my knowledge the chihuahua has shown up in a few sets since then, but the Old Fishing Store this autumn will be first reuse of seagull.