QwikBricks

MOD: LEGO City Police Station 60141 Alternate Build MOC

I'm not terribly impressed by the 2017 LEGO City Police Station. The set's layout is confusing, the jail cells are oddly positioned at street level outside of the station complex, and many of the building's rooms  are unrealistically designed (how are your minifigs meant to get between floors?  Or from the helipad on the roof inside the station?).

That's why I made an alternate build, using only the pieces that came with set 60141.

My police station is more aptly described as a local branch office.  Why try to do too much with the parts they gave us in the set?  My modification has two floors, an internal cell that is off from the street, and a functional ladder to allow pilots access the building from the helipad.

Let me know what you think - and do check out the video review of this MOC!

Well done! It is nice to see how you managed to build this with only the original bricks.

Not to be rude or anything but I'm not quite fond of you promoting your YouTube videos by posting reviews that aren't exactly pictorial. Looking at all your recent topics that you've posted you only seem to upload topics that have a direct link to your video. 

Either way I still enjoyed the MOC and I've got to say it looks pretty good since you only used the pieces from the set.

6 hours ago, TheLazyChicken said:

Not to be rude or anything but I'm not quite fond of you promoting your YouTube videos by posting reviews that aren't exactly pictorial. Looking at all your recent topics that you've posted you only seem to upload topics that have a direct link to your video. 

Either way I still enjoyed the MOC and I've got to say it looks pretty good since you only used the pieces from the set.

As far as promotion, I'm promoting my reviews, yes.  Which happen to be on Youtube.  But I'm not earning money them.  Nor is that my goal, difficult as that may be to comprehend in this day and age.  I'm reviewing the items I've bought - in a pictorial medium - for the love of the hobby.  And in clips that are digestible at 3 minutes or less. Hope that makes you feel better about viewing them.  And if not, I understand that too.  

I do really appreciate you looking at the MOC. It was a lot of fun to work on.

I see both sides of this and a good compromise would be if your post also had photos and text for people who don't want to see the external link videos. I would feel the same way about posts which were just a Flickr link.

Sweet, I def like your alt build more, thanks for sharing.

Off-topic: I'm confused, is there a reason why a discussion on advertising, reviews and youtube came up? Like, is there a rash of people just dumping links and moving on? Nothing about the original post screams "Here, look at my sh*t and click the ads, later turkeys!" I appreciate that Qwik makes videos for people who are into quick video overviews.

I've seen the sterile reviews that get posted around here. I remember posting a review a long time ago with photocomics, alt builds, etc., but I got the impression that people don't care about that, they just want to look at bunch of pictures and move on, not read stuff, no matter how interesting it may be. It's like there's a template for reviews that they expect and don't like it when you deviate.

Based on that...I would think videos like this would be more popular lol

Great Job on the alternative build.

Posting to Youtube is no different to Flickr or just posting images here, all you are trying to do is show off your art/hobby in a medium of your choice.

Pictorial content is they way old farts like myself have consumed content for years and probably prefer whereas my kids and the younger generation prefer video content i would say.

Horses for courses and as long as it is not blatant advertising AKA like people do for ideas content i think it well deserves it place here along with all the pictorial content on this site. Keep building and keep sharing.