Presenting my latest MOC, a 1:20 Tatra 815!

It has 7 functions, 3 of which are RC. The drive can be switched from 4x6 to 6x6, to allow the model to drive (it has no diffs, so when steering the motors burn out when it's in 6x6 mode). The doors open and have locks, the seats are suspended, and the front axle has what I think is the smallest scale Tatra suspension ever with drive, suspension, and steering. All 6 wheels have Tatra suspension, and it works real well.

IMG_1919IMG_1920IMG_1921IMG_1922

Thanks, C&C please!

Brickbybrick

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic
added... stuff.

Thanks for sharing. I like it a lot. The Color scheme is great.

However the tipping bed looks a bit small. The gap between bed and frame is a bit large. Try to hide the cable.

Could you show us ho it looks like with some cargo/weight in the tipping bed?

3 minutes ago, TinkerBrick said:

Thanks for sharing. I like it a lot. The Color scheme is great.

However the tipping bed looks a bit small. The gap between bed and frame is a bit large. Try to hide the cable.

Could you show us ho it looks like with some cargo/weight in the tipping bed?

Of course! Give me a few days, I need to still do this model's big photoshoot :) I'll post the pics here.

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

Looks allready good, but do something with those wires. 

Thank you! I know exactly what to do; I'll post some pics here soon.

Great looking Tatra! How much weight can it carry?

On 5/23/2017 at 1:13 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

... and this model has what I think is the smallest scale Tatra suspension ever.

I would highly doubt it (proofs 1, 2) unless you have specific conditions :innocent:

2 hours ago, zux said:

I would highly doubt it (proofs 1, 2) unless you have specific conditions :innocent:

Maybe he meant with drive? Even so, a lot of us have created similar setups. I created one in this size with diffs located between the axles with drive steering and suspension. 

11 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Maybe he meant with drive? Even so, a lot of us have created similar setups. I created one in this size with diffs located between the axles with drive steering and suspension. 

The big difference is the steering - the two examples above have skid steering.

I like the front and cabin, but you should use a twin wheels on rear axles and I don't like the rear mudguards. I think that a 1 XL motor will be sufficient for drive. Last think, a bath should be a bigger. Generally, good job

46 minutes ago, damjan97PL said:

I like the front and cabin, but you should use a twin wheels on rear axles and I don't like the rear mudguards. I think that a 1 XL motor will be sufficient for drive. Last think, a bath should be a bigger. Generally, good job

Thanks! The single wheels were the biggest drawback on the model. It really needs them. The bath was built to be removed; I'll be doing some mods with the chassis and adding new things like a crane. I do agree that it is too small.

7 hours ago, zux said:

Great looking Tatra! How much weight can it carry?

I may be wrong, then? 

4 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

The big difference is the steering - the two examples above have skid steering.

The front axle is the unique part, which took the most engineering and stuff. I edited that line so that it's more specific. Reference was to the front axle.

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Thanks! The single wheels were the biggest drawback on the model. It really needs them. The bath was built to be removed; I'll be doing some mods with the chassis and adding new things like a crane. I do agree that it is too small.

I may be wrong, then? 

The front axle is the unique part, which took the most engineering and stuff. I edited that line so that it's more specific. Reference was to the front axle.

I'm sorry if that sounded like insult, just getting sick of these "best, fastest, ***est" posts every other week that are far from reality most of the time. Now that you have specified uniqueness of your model - front suspension, I think I won't be the only one who would love to see more pictures of it! The bottom aka "the most important" picture would be nice to see as well.

1 hour ago, zux said:

I'm sorry if that sounded like insult, just getting sick of these "best, fastest, ***est" posts every other week that are far from reality most of the time. Now that you have specified uniqueness of your model - front suspension, I think I won't be the only one who would love to see more pictures of it! The bottom aka "the most important" picture would be nice to see as well.

Your point about the **est posts makes total sense. As I said previously, I will be taking more pictures and putting them in my next reply to this topic, but I won't have time until Friday because of school. Thanks :)

Hi, everyone! I'm back, with some new photos! And I believe something has changed... can you guess what? First, the mandatory bottom shot:

IMG_1989IMG_1992IMG_1993IMG_1985IMG_1983

Thanks! New video soon with the UDS mod!

Brickbybrick

Pic didn't embed