Not sure I see the problem (sin) of modding a battery box to use an AC adapter. Seems like a good way to have a model powered all day.

Maybe I should say a dozen HM's just for saying this.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

1 minute ago, RohanBeckett said:

I still don't own a lego rechargeable battery... at $AUD100, I can't justify the cost

There is that...

I got lucky and got one for $40 on Ebay :sweet: (bidding!)

6 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

There is that...

I got lucky and got one for $40 on Ebay :sweet: (bidding!)

I will get one sometime, or make a battery.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

I will get one sometime, or make a battery.

Keep an eye out on Bricklink - you might get one cheap. 

On 24/05/2017 at 11:03 PM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Was it weird building with it, because the ends weren't smooth?

No. I sanded the 9 end down to make it round. I'm yet to need the 5 end so it's still "rough".

I forgot to mention, I broke a 15-stud beam once by using it as a hand crank. I was building a giant flywheel cannon and the torque was too much for the beam to handle. I had to make it stronger. The same device wore off the red bits on a transmission driving ring that engage the gear, making it useless. I think the grey ones are stronger but I didn't use them because I wanted to save them.

I haven't modified any of my pieces yet, but I've managed to destroy a ton of black pins when forcing in pieces or quickly taking apart models. Sadly, all those pins made their way into the bin; there isn't much you can do to the pins that would make them useful.

2 hours ago, The_Icestorm said:

there isn't much you can do to the pins that would make them useful.

You could use them for "Lego dirt" for a excavator model, like I use my hundreds of (not broken) black pins for :wink:

On 5/25/2017 at 7:02 PM, Andy D said:

Not sure I see the problem (sin) of modding a battery box to use an AC adapter. Seems like a good way to have a model powered all day.

Maybe I should say a dozen HM's just for saying this.

Andy D

It's a good inexpensive way if you have many AA battery boxes sitting around doing nothing. The on/off switch is useful for controlling the direction of the motors. Also you still have the fuse protection.  Although it does involve drilling and cutting the plastic on the box. :innocent:

On 5/25/2017 at 0:07 PM, mocbuild101 said:

I can see that you are close to Knight too - only 49 more posts to go!

You probably think of making or finding a profile pic now that you so close...

Now I have profile picture, but back to topic (again)

Someone once mentioned an easy way to make black bushings by cutting them off of the 3L pins. I am guilty of that.:blush:

Today I've made 2.5 axles from old bended axle 6 to test this front axle

800x600.jpg

In the picture (for photographic purposes) is used axle 2 from 851 set with differential.

It works very well with this "modified" axles.

To make round sticker from square is not a unusual thing...so I do not see it as something bad

Wow! 

I didn't realise there were so many other fellow Australians in Eurobricks!

Just now, MattL600 said:

Wow! 

I didn't realise there were so many other fellow Australians in Eurobricks!

Yes, and I'm glad to see another one has joined :laugh:.

Edited by mocbuild101

On 5/24/2017 at 1:04 AM, dr_spock said:

I drilled holes in my battery boxes so that I can use an AC adapter instead of batteries.  How many Hail Mary do I have to say?

Picture20418_zps9e231365.jpg

Can you please give a brief description of what you did?  Unless of course the Lego group  is in the battery business.

3 hours ago, Bobo08 said:
On 5/24/2017 at 1:04 AM, dr_spock said:

I drilled holes in my battery boxes so that I can use an AC adapter instead of batteries.  How many Hail Mary do I have to say?

Can you please give a brief description of what you did?  Unless of course the Lego group  is in the battery business.

Here is the topic I did from a few years back:  http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/84269-mod-8881-pf-battery-box/

Being a purist (to an obsessive point sometimes), I never destroyed a part purposefully. The only sin I'm guilty of is using a sharpie to "paint" the pieces back in the teen days.
Seeing how many pics in this thread were 'cringy' to me, I accept the fact I'm ill adapted to live in a world full of venturesome AFoLs :laugh:

Edited by Immo

2 hours ago, Immo said:

Being a purist (to an obsessive point sometimes), I never destroyed a part purposefully. The only sin I'm guilty of is using a sharpie to "paint" the pieces back in the teen days.
Seeing how many pics in this thread were 'cringy' to me, I accept the fact I'm ill adapted to live in a world full of venturesome AFoLs :laugh:

I use to make printed parts using a sharpie too, it was like the cars were really race cars.

Oh, and one more thing: The B.A.S. (Bricks Acquisition Syndrome) is of course a virtue, not a sin, right? RIGHT?! This compulsive need to buy more Lego. To get more parts, just in case... You know what I'm talking about, right? I'd describe the symptoms it further, but I got Bricklink basket to fill and local classifieds to browse :wacko:

Just now, Paknaloid said:

@Immo why buy the exact number of parts you need?  Safer to double every order, just in case *huh* they all get used eventually...

You see, the problem is the price for Lego is quite similar everywhere, yet it takes much more of my income. That's why I feel like a sinner every time I order parts/sets.