15 hours ago, LXF said:

Hopefully that can be forgiven, Only one part was cut intentionally, the rest were made off broken parts

Yes, It's exactly what you should do with broken parts!

2 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

The only thing I've done is create 2 2.5L axles by cutting 2 normal 3L axles. I really don't regret it, I was happy with the results. 

I have done that before too.

Also, congratulations on becoming a Eurobricks Knight!

I drilled holes in my battery boxes so that I can use an AC adapter instead of batteries.  How many Hail Mary do I have to say?

Picture20418_zps9e231365.jpg

2 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

The only thing I've done is create 2 2.5L axles by cutting 2 normal 3L axles. I really don't regret it, I was happy with the results. 

2.5L Axle is something that could be very useful for years; e.g. to make narrower driven and steered axle like this (just an example), to connect universal joint with CV joint etc...something desired long long ago...I only regret that LEGO did not make this ling of axle so far :wink:

I've done a number of modification and this idea of modifying Lego came of the back of Motorizing LEGO then later on the Lego Magnet. So The only reason why I Modify certain Lego Parts the way I do is to either Build a Monster Lego Truck or To build with Magnets. That is why I call it a Monster Lego Truck because that is no simple Lego Truck. Other then that I don't Modify Lego parts just for the sake of doing it if I did that I would have ruined alot of Lego in the process. That is why I have a number of stipulations that must be first meet Before I do the Mod. My First Requirement is that I must have above a certain number of the same Lego parts in order to proceed with Modified version I will not modify anything that I only have a couple of. I Also don't Modify any Lego that is rare or is no longer being made. Another condition I made for when it come to modified Lego part is that it must be easy to replicate, and when it comes to using JB weld with Lego these conditions still applies. I don't like modifying Lego parts if in the end it was not necessary and the Idea was never useful. For a good Lego Modification to be consider Good by my standards the mod must be Good all the time and versatile. A Good presentation of a versatile Modification is when it comes to cutting Axes to length.  Now cutting Axes to length is a Special LEGO Modification that some Enthusiast consider cheating but I don't think about Lego in the terms of cheating the System, I'm think of it in terms of making the System fit better together and Axle Length is important when it come to a variety of angles fitting better together. Bending is another one of those weird Rules. I try not to Bend anything to make it fit, forcing parts to fit is not a good idea especially if you want something to move or drive an axle but if bending is used for aesthetic appearances then bending is just another part of the instructions.

I once put a 3L pin deep inside a model where there should have been a 2L pin and a mechanism was blocked.  I didn't want to take it all apart to get it out so I put the model on a drill press and drilled out the pin.  I ended up destroying a bunch of parts and needed to rebuild the whole model.

42 minutes ago, Blakbird said:

I once put a 3L pin deep inside a model where there should have been a 2L pin and a mechanism was blocked.  I didn't want to take it all apart to get it out so I put the model on a drill press and drilled out the pin.  I ended up destroying a bunch of parts and needed to rebuild the whole model.

Yea, these situations where you ought to take apart a whole model for a single pin can be tempting.

While modding my 42056 I used all kinds of tools to span parts apart under a lot of stress, only to avoid disassembling half of the chassis.

16 hours ago, I_Igor said:

2.5L Axle is something that could be very useful for years; e.g. to make narrower driven and steered axle like this (just an example), to connect universal joint with CV joint etc...something desired long long ago...I only regret that LEGO did not make this ling of axle so far :wink:

Yep, my reason was for a CV-joint in a front suspension, too. :classic:

17 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

I have done that before too.

Also, congratulations on becoming a Eurobricks Knight!

Thanks! And your signature is very true. :grin:

46 minutes ago, TheMindGarage said:

I ran out of light grey 9-stud beams so I cut a 15-stud one (had tons of those lying around) into a 9 and a 5.

Was it weird building with it, because the ends weren't smooth?

4 hours ago, Victor Imaginator said:

I broke one LBG shock absorber, while trying to disassemble it without any reason)

I know from experience those little black pieces inside can't handle a lot of stress...

800x480.jpg

This happened just last night. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons
extra t in the word "this"

5 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

And your signature is very true. :grin:

Thanks! I originally didn't have the almost bit - I added it after remembering that you can't make Lego fly :tongue:.

11 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Yep, my reason was for a CV-joint in a front suspension, too. :classic:

Congratulation on new title - Knight of Eurobricks forum :classic: (lucky for us we are not in dark ages when only Knights of round table were acceptable) :grin:

I can see that you are close to Knight too - only 49 more posts to go!

You probably think of making or finding a profile pic now that you so close...

I needed to quickly create some support for an additional light during one of the photo sessions - I came up with the setup below, I had to drill a slightly bigger hole in the axle/pin connectors to fit on the rod, but it was working perfectly :)

2017-05-25-13.28.57_EB_ret.jpg

On 5/23/2017 at 10:04 PM, dr_spock said:

I drilled holes in my battery boxes so that I can use an AC adapter instead of batteries.  How many Hail Mary do I have to say?

Not as many as I have to say! :D

800x450.jpg

800x600.jpg

that's about the extend of my modding, not counting repairs to PF Motors...

20 hours ago, Blakbird said:

16 hours ago, TheMindGarage said:

I ran out of light grey 9-stud beams so I cut a 15-stud one (had tons of those lying around) into a 9 and a 5.

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

I needed to quickly create some support for an additional light during one of the photo sessions - I came up with the setup below, I had to drill a slightly bigger hole in the axle/pin connectors to fit on the rod, but it was working perfectly :)

These 3 are not so good, because they all could have been avoided.

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Congratulation on new title - Knight of Eurobricks forum :classic: (lucky for us we are not in dark ages when only Knights of round table were acceptable) :grin:

2 things, I recently became one too ^^, and you should move this to technic pub.

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

2 things, I recently became one too ^^, and you should move this to technic pub.

I can only congratulate You since mobile version has limited display options so I can not see number of posts. For second thing I have to ask admins to do that :wink:

6 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

I can see that you are close to Knight too - only 49 more posts to go!

You probably think of making or finding a profile pic now that you so close...

I have profile picture - my terrier, but because I mostly use my xperia smartphone (it is helpfull when building mocs) I constantly forgot or did not have time to make image with correct resolution. Thanks for looking after my posts number since I do not pay enough attention to that. :classic:

40 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I can only congratulate You since mobile version has limited display options so I can not see number of posts. For second thing I have to ask admins to do that :wink:

I meant continue this in the technic pub, like re asking there, "who is a lego knight?".

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

I meant continue this in the technic pub, like re asking there, "who is a lego knight?".

User @Offroadcreat1ons "earned" new status - Eurobricks Knight (like you my friend) with 500 or more posts. That was a reason for congratulations. I hope that things are more clear now before admins say to us - please go back to topic. :laugh:

12 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

User @Offroadcreat1ons "earned" new status - Eurobricks Knight (like you my friend) with 500 or more posts. That was a reason for congratulations. I hope that things are more clear now before admins say to us - please go back to topic. :laugh:

Agreed.

12 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

before admins say to us - please go back to topic. :laugh:

Too late - back on topic. :classic:

Ok, I don't see harm in sporadic non-related post, but let's not take 6 or so posts talking about ranks and derailing the topic.

8 minutes ago, Milan said:

Too late - back on topic. :classic:

Ok, I don't see harm in sporadic non-related post, but let's not take 6 or so posts talking about ranks and derailing the topic.

Agree