Hinckley

MOC: Green Door Tavern

indexed.gif B-OM-4B

Here is my latest modular creation. Based slightly off of my old Yellow Building, only in that it was also a bar, and off of a couple of buildings in Chicago, here it is-The Green Door Tavern.

down.jpg

Check out the full gallery on BrickZone.net

Please enjoy and as always, questions, comments and constructive criticism are all welcome. :-)

Check out my TIP-Town in Progress thread here

That's great Hinckley! *wub* I was wondering why you had been a bit quiet lately. I thought it was because of my breath. :'-( For a hastily made job the decals do the job nicely. *sweet* The whips work well as light holders; is this your idea? You are very good at taking different parts and using them for building decoration. Predictibly I ask; does it have an interior? Very beautiful work! *sweet*

Here is my latest modular creation. Based slightly off of my old Yellow Building, only in that it was also a bar, and off of a couple of buildings in Chicago, here it is-The Green Door Tavern.

You had an old yellow building? I don't remember that. 8-| X-D

Moving on ... :-D

Green Door Tavern! Beautiful! Absolutely great! I'd be proud to have it in my downtown, if I had a downtown, which I don't because I never even got around to building the Cafe Corner that I wanted so badly and finally ordered and then put with the rest of the pile of things I haven't gotten around to building yet. :-X *remembers to breathe again*

I especially like that section with the part under the other part over by that one. You know... *points* *wacko*

Ok, ok, it's seriously great, and I mean that! It's so much better than the yellow building that I don't remember at all. ;-)

I absolutely adore your town *wub* *wub* Too bad for me, I'd love to build an entire town in CC/modular style like you do but I have

1) no money

2) no experience in that field

I love those modular creations too. I certainly hope you'll leave some space in your town for that brewery you once created 8-| No town can go without its own brand of beer, can they?

Your green door tavern reminds me of an Irish pub on 'De Grote Markt' here in Antwerp's historical district

240x240_54a66ec60aa05d2c4b296b4b153cbc81.jpg

Edited by Hairy Ruben

A very fine work with a beautiful and very detailed facade. *y*

Impressive growing town layout, for sure! :'-)

I had to start a new thread for this so I'd get more attention. :-$

I had to start a new thread for this so I'd get more attention. :-$

This seems very similar to your TIP town topic. Do you want me to merge the topics?

This seems very similar to your TIP town topic. Do you want me to merge the topics?

No! I need attention... :-$

You should of said "No! Need Attention..." without the "I", it sounds more pathetic that way and more people will reply ;-)

8-| , moving on. This is a fantastic building Hinckley, the detailing is immense with some excellent touches like the whip lights and tavern sign. The overall look is brilliant, and the upper tan and lower green/brown colour scheme works surprisingly well.

What? What thats not enough attention? Okay, fine, fine:

Brilliant! Fantastic! Excellent! Superb! Lovely! Gorgeous! Splendid! Wonderful! Great! :-P

That enough?

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Where am I? *wacko*

I could have sworn I posted this somewhere else ... :-|!

Oh, that explains it.

Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for that check you promised for mentioning you in every EB News Presents, plus a little extra for your recent cameo. Don't make me send the boys around to pick it up, ok?

*picks up the phone*

Yeah, Copmike... I might have some more work for you if a certain deadbeat doesn't come through shortly.

*excited chatter*

Oh yes, it's him again, and this will require one of your deluxe jobs. I'll let you know.

*excited chatter*

I know, but we should give him a chance to pay, and no, you can't do it for free, that wouldn't be professional.

*hangs up*

;-)

Predictibly I ask; does it have an interior? Very beautiful work! *sweet*

Thanks! And I plan to finish up the interior at a later date. Right now I don't even have the staircases completed. I have a wood floor in the tavern and a tile floor in the kitchen, but nothing else yet. I need to search for some inspiration. The new interior pics of Green Grocer are really inspiring with the radiator and the grandfather clock, but I don't want to copy those exactly, although they're really tempting...

Your green door tavern reminds me of an Irish pub on 'De Grote Markt' here in Antwerp's historical district

When I first saw the pic, it also reminded me of an Irish pub. Anyway, it looks brilliant! A building with many nice details. *wub* *y*

A beautiful and classic building Hinkley really great in the cream colour. I have moved into a much bigger room in my house now which will give me more room for a city so yours is great inspiration! ;-)

You've got my attention, or rather your building got it.

It's an enjoyable piece of architecture, that is. Like taken out of photo! *y*

I wish I had time to complete my own modular building *sigh* - I've got so much inspiration and tons of ideas, all the time I've got is to archive them. |-/

Great work Hinckley!

The design of this Green Door Tavern is well detailed from the outside.

The architecture smelles Chicago!

The decals are great, I like them a lot!

If I have one things to change, it will be those grey roof parts above the roud grey tiles. They are a little too straight. Maybe some more curved pieces would have look more appropriated...

Great building! I love the designs you chose for your buildings, very classical.

Shouldn't there be a pub for the brewery...? 8-

Fantastic work Hinckley, your town is going to be awesome *wub*

Were do those round top windows come from?

Thanks. The window decals are customs. I made them myself. *wub*

Thanks. The window decals are customs. I made them myself. *wub*

When I saw the windows, I thought they might've been garage door pieces on their side. Those are some very convincing decals.

And the overall design of the building is pleasing to the eye.

A well designed and decent looking building!

And I do like those transparent decals on the windows.

Now all it needs is for you to finish the interior. That's always my favorite part.

I didn't buy any of the modular buildings yet, but I'm considering it.

Seeing your MOC gives me an extra push in the right direction.

Thanks everybody for the feedback. I really like to hear people's suggestions. Not to take away from anyone else, but it's always nice to hear from Alex! *wub* My town buddy...

A well designed and decent looking building!

And I do like those transparent decals on the windows.

Now all it needs is for you to finish the interior. That's always my favorite part.

I didn't buy any of the modular buildings yet, but I'm considering it.

Seeing your MOC gives me an extra push in the right direction.

I'm glad to be able to influence you. X-D As for the interior, I am very close. I am having fun with it. Sometimes I think of the interior as more of a chore, because I enjoy building the exterior so much better. But, as I took my time with finishing the roof (unlike some of my other MOCs where the top is rushed, IMO...) I am taking my time with the interior too. I want to get it right. The staircase and floors are done. PAB is sending me some other stuff...

I will update this thread with pics soon, I hope. It'll give me a great excuse to revive it and get more attention. Or start a new thread and get more attention. Or revive the TIP topic and get more attention. I love attention. Mwahaha ah haa ha ah ha ha...

*spreads attention out on floor and rolls in it*

*foams at mouth*

I will update this thread with pics soon, I hope. It'll give me a great excuse to revive it and get more attention. Or start a new thread and get more attention. Or revive the TIP topic and get more attention. I love attention. Mwahaha ah haa ha ah ha ha...

*spreads attention out on floor and rolls in it*

*foams at mouth*

I think you need "professional" attention ;-)

X-D

I think you need "professional" attention ;-)

X-D

Hmm.... perhaps this could be a welcomed addition to Hinckley

Wow, thats a nice MOC...wait, did you say its based off Chicago?! Yay! Its nice to see my OUR hometown being used for something!

Not to take away from anyone else, but it's always nice to hear from Alex! *wub* My town buddy...

I hope that you will tell me the things that are not that great in my city mocs! (I hope to post some pics soon, just need some times and some sun...). It's always good to have some constructive critical.