This was supposed to be my new Lego Ideas project, but Lego in its wisdom has added a rule back in April stating that it will no longer accept any submissions that fall under the licenses in the TLG's current portfolio. So nothing from the Guardians of the Galaxy is allowed because Lego is already making GotG sets. It's a great move, making the Lego Ideas all the more useful, because you can now forget any SW, Disney, Marvel or DC projects, and probably many vehicular projects too. Thank you Lego!

Anyway, the least I could do in this situation was to make free building instructions for this figurine, which are available here: http://sariel.pl/downloads/

The figurine itself could surely be more polished in terms of looks and operation (I suspect the movements would be smoother if it was driven using a chain instead of a rubber band), but as you can imagine I was severely disheartened after learning that I can stick my idea where the sun doesn't shine, and I just wanted this creation to be done.

This is very nice (dare I say cute)!

Which brings a question to me...

Has their ever been a successful Technic Ideas project? Or just a Technic Ideas project?

Andy D

I am sorry about change in the rules. However your Groot seems to suffer from early stage of Parkinson disease.

11 minutes ago, Andy D said:

Has their ever been a successful Technic Ideas project? Or just a Technic Ideas project?

There have been a few that hit 10,000 votes, Sheepo's Land Rover being one - and Lego has killed every single one of them. Hey, who needs complex Technic sets when you can just milk Minecraft fans by selling them basic bricks and plates?

Hi Sariel,

It's a Technic interpretation of a great artist, Joe Cocker! :)

Keep up the good work, like your  creations and YT videos.

My choice of background! 

EDIT, did someone remove the image?

Edited by allanp

3 hours ago, Sariel said:

There have been a few that hit 10,000 votes, Sheepo's Land Rover being one - and Lego has killed every single one of them. Hey, who needs complex Technic sets when you can just milk Minecraft fans by selling them basic bricks and plates?

Jason Allemann's Marble Maze made it: http://jkbrickworks.com/maze/

I suppose some might argue that it is not really technic because there is a brick-built component in addition to the underlying technic functionality, but I don't agree with this position.

Very interesting model, by the way!

Edited by aeh5040