Cozei

Country Watchtower - Resupply

Hello!

My first post in the forum. :classic:

The two guard watch at a lonely country watchtower look forward to the weekly resupply. In summer this means some fresh items from the village gardens too. 

34625988452_cdb3a45b3b_z.jpg

Country Watchtower - Resupply by Cozei, on Flickr

CC appreciated.

Thanks,

Cozei (Kōzī)

this is a nice little build.  I like the landscaping.  The path is well done and I like how  you did the water.  The tower is unique, I especially like the roof and the texturing on the walls. 

Nice work. I like the vine creeping up the side of the tower. 

Also, congrats on creating the 6,666th topic on this board :devil:

4 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Thanks!  Glad you like the path. I was a bit concerned the whole ramp was going to look too large. There is a stone wall around the outside curve that is mostly hidden now by the vegetation. Maybe the combination of the vegetation softening its bulk and there being enough to contain the stream worked out. :-)

3 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Ha! Thanks. 

I was looking at the tower before breaking it down and couldn't resist a second view. Summer nights coming on my mind I guess...

Hope it isn't too off to repost on your own topic.

34770123606_7e691cba20_z.jpg

Country Watchtower - Nightwatch by Cozei, on Flickr

Great work! The foliage is lovely. I like how you used older torsos for the lonely guards. 

KotZ, thank you for your comment. 

I like the old forestmen torsos too. These are from my childhood. I also still have most of the old figs from my set 6080 castle. 

I haven't been much of a minifigure collector and half missed the LotR/Hobbit era while still in the dark age!  I'm temped to keep building with mainly older figs for a while, or have this as a subtheme in my building. Getting ahead of myself... 

Looks good, but I will say that from a practical perspective your cheese slopes around the arrow slits should be turned the other way; as it is now, they will be funneling any arrows into the holes instead of keeping them out. The composition is good, though, and I love the lush foliage. Great work!

Nice design and execution.  I really like the vine and the roof of the tower.  The concept is also nice.  I love those old Forestmen as well, and they look good here.

Good work!

On 5/25/2017 at 3:26 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Thanks! Yes, backwards on the loops. Good point. :-)

I had my head down when building and just went with liking the variation they made in the wall as opposed to accuracy.  

21 hours ago, x105Black said:

Most appreciated! 

Working on my next MOC now and need to dig up another suitable old fig (peasant). Trying hard to not grab Mill Village Raid peasant.