Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - May FB1] Potter's Workshop, Port Woodhouse

The plan for Port Woodhouse began with it being a primarily military settlement, however a range of craftsmen, trades people, farmers and their families have naturally followed the military to make a living providing for the soldiers and sailors needs. Indeed it is only now, months after initial settlement that the authorities are beginning to realise just what an important position the settlement holds. Rumour has it that Colonel Allcock, Colonial Governor for the Paradise Isles will move the seat of the Governorship from Jameston to Port Woodhouse!

One example of some enterprising craftsmen who have set up in Port Woodhouse are the Elliot twins. Both potters by trade, they have set up a small workshop that produces quality cups and mugs for the use of the garrison and Royal Navy vessels that stop by the developing port.

33944140264_d12b535a33_c.jpg

Benjamin takes a load of mugs out of the kiln, while his sister Doris shapes raw clay on their pottery wheel.

33977309853_7d964ea502_c.jpg

----

Just a quick build that I've actually had about ninety percent complete for a couple of months. I finally had the time this morning to pull it off the shelf and finish. Licensed as a small artesian in Port Woodhouse.

Edited by Ayrlego

Nice little vig here Ayrlego, I very much like that roof!  The kiln looks pretty good too!

Business is blooming for you Ayrlego, I see! And ofc coupled with a nice (as usual) artisan shop as well!

Great build there. My favorite part of the build is the building itself, which I think fits well, though the kiln and pottery wheel are great additions. Again, I hope you don't mind me borrowing a few things, as your builds are among my favorites. 

Simple yet effective. I think this is a very suitable business and building for a new settlement. The open sided workshop is fitting for someone who works with fire in a hot climate, and your kiln is great - I particularly like those heavy doors. The roof is nice too. My only suggestion is that the top of the pottery wheel would have been better flat. If it is available in the right colour, one of the 2x2 round tiles with a stud in the middle could have worked. :)

All in all, very well done!

Very nice little build, Ayrlego, loving that roof, and the kiln and overall color-scheme are great as well! :thumbup:  I do agree with Bregir that a tiled piece would probably look better on the wheel, but that's a very small point in an excellent MOC!  And now you're making me hope/wish they'd come out with mugs and other vessels in dark orange for things like this! :grin: :laugh: