Ep. 4

Laesonar Episode 5

Healing Wounds

The sunset was approaching as the fresh air of the forest turned chilly on Laesonar’s face, while the half-orc’s body on his back started to become heavy after the long march. He looked up towards the top of the steep hill they were climbing; Armin wasn’t exactly having such a great time either carrying his load.

34627013681_1e386c1b20.jpg

“You do have a thing for shields, don’t you, master paladin?”

“For these shields in particular, I most certainly do.” He replied smiling, keeping his secret.

“Say, do you always dress purple or is it a special occasion?”

“Do I have to gather that you don’t like such colour?”

“On the contrary, it happens to be my favourite. I just wouldn’t wear it myself.”

“I see.” He looked for the words in his head. “The peaceful stability of the blue and the restless passion of the red merge together and turn into purple – a splendid example of balance between opposites.”

Laesonar smiled “This guy is just the best” he thought, right before Helga’s voice reached his ears:

“We’re here!”

The top of the hill was flat, with a small clearing between rocks and trees.

34627013241_e1f2f91a53.jpg

“You’ve been here recently, haven’t you, ladies?”

“We have. From this height we can easily keep the surroundings under control, while the forest is dense enough to start a fire without worrying about being spotted.”

“It’s unlikely that they will follow us tonight.” Said Armin while approaching the fainted half-orc. “Laesonar, can you please help me here? I want to check her wounds. Hmm. Not too bad after all, she should be better soon. Now, all I have to do is concentrating on her wounds and on my will to heal them, draw energy upon…”

Armin’s words faded away in Laesonar’s head. What was happening? He knew those words. He had heard them before and he could hear them again right now in his head, as everything around him became silent. He could see Armin moving his lips, but no, that wasn’t his voice. It was a soothing, beloved voice. “What is this? Is it some kind of memory?” Dazed, he approached Armin, who was moving his hands above the half-orc’s body. Suddenly, an image in his head – skinny hands, feminine lips – right before Armin’s voice could reach him again:

“… until the energy is finally released.”

A pale blue light glowed under the half-orc’s body. Armin took a deep breath.

33916484454_e499a6250c.jpg

“Armin… I… I…”

“What is it, Laesonar?”

He didn’t answer. Instead, he recalled those instructions in his head, concentrating, moving his hands as Armin had just done. Finally, the same blue light glowed again.

34758796465_154c0c02ce.jpg

It followed a moment of silence. Everyone was astonished. Krisly broke the silence first:

“Laesonar… Can… Can you heal wounds?!”

“It looks like I can… I guess I had just forgotten about it…”

Armin was bowled over. “How… Where did you learn that?”

“I have no idea… You must’ve triggered something, perhaps a memory. I heard a voice in my head and…”

The half-orc was recovering her senses, flinching, coughing loudly, trying to stand up. Armin and Laesonar pushed her back down on the floor.

“Let me go you b#######! I won’t tell you anything at all!”**    [**translated from Orcish]

“It’s ok, it’s ok! We’re going to help you. Wait, don’t move! You’re wounded…!”**

“Let me go! I’m gonna…”** She opened her eyes. Realising the situation, she stopped for a moment, then started to struggle again.

“Who are you? Let me go!”**

“It’s ok, we’re friends, we’re going to help you. Now calm down beautiful, you’re hurt!”**

Surprised to hear her language, she stopped moving. Gasping, she stared at Laesonar.

“Yes, good. I’m going to get you some water. Do you speak the Common language?”**

Armin helped her to sit up. She grunted and held her belly, looking around.

“Who are you people?”

“My name is Laesonar. It’s nice to see that you feel better. These are Armin, Helga, Krisly, Elysande and… Yes, come to think of it, what’s your name, old man?”

The old man came closer, approaching the half-orc.

“Hello, Gruusha.”   

The half-orc grunted “Daniau? Where are we? What happened? Who are these people?”

“Long story short, the bandits under Digby put us in chains. These people killed them all and freed us. As for why they did it, we shall have to ask them.”

Helga picked up some wood “We could all do with a bit of rest, some food and some water. As for us, the chieftain’s personal guard was the man who killed my brother. I wanted revenge and Laesonar here accepted to help me, that’s why we attacked those bandits.”

34758801465_3156c558a1.jpg

The old man sat down “The chieftain, uh? You must be referring to Digby the Lunatic. That piece of s###!” The half-orc grunted in unison. Armin seemed interested to know more:

“Did you know him, old man?”

“I did. My name is Daniau Guernon. I’m the head of the merchants’ guild in Weastioven, as well as one of the members of the city’s High Council. Digby was the chieftain of his group, but the rumours had him working under someone else. What I know is that he definitely got some help when taking over my city. I opposed him and they made me a prisoner.”

“Which kind of help did he get?”

“Troops, especially archers. But also goblin and orc soldiers.” At these words the half-orc grunted angrily and then moaned with pain, still holding her belly. Armin approached her, checking her wounds:

“Take it easy, my lady. You haven’t fully recovered yet. Your name is Gruusha, right? Do you know those orc soldiers?”

She shook her head “No. My people don’t normally have much to do with Orcs as they always try and make us slaves, so we’re always on the lookout. The bandits probably had the same intention so they caught me and wanted me to tell them where my people are. I didn’t spit a single word! That’s also why I was in Weastioven. I was sent by my chieftain to find out more about these rumours while looking for a commercial agreement with the merchants there. Now that Laelariel is out of the game, my people need new partners to exchange our goods with.”

Krisly gave a start “What do you mean with ‘Laelariel is out of the game’? I have friends there!”

Daniau spoke up first: “Laelariel thrived thanks to the fish trade. We, in Weastioven, were one of its best partners, buying fish and selling our salt, which they used to preserve the fish. Unfortunately, these half-orcs don’t seem to get the importance of such a product.”

Gruusha grunted loudly “I’ve already told you, Daniau, we won’t exchange our stuff for salt! We don’t need salt!”

Krisly pressed Daniau “Hang on! What happened to Laelariel then?”

“I do not know. The trade simply stopped. Because of the civil wars, drows, bandits and so on, we haven’t been able to go and verify in person yet.”

“Then we should all go there first thing in the morning!”

Krisly’s suggestion took everyone by surprise. Gruusha broke the silence first, followed by Daniau “No. I have to go back to my people.”

“Same here, now that Digby and few of his best men have died, it shouldn’t be hard for us to take the city back. I need to be there as soon as possible.”

“Then what about you, Laesonar? What are your plans now?”

The half-elf had remained silent so far, being more interested in the food. “So, you ladies want to go and check out this Laelariel place, uh? – Gnam gnam – You said there’s fish, but no salt, so I gather there must be a river or something?”

“Yes, there’s also a big lake.”

“Well I don’t see why not. I like fish. And after all, I haven’t found out how I got into this forest yet.”

Armin was surprised at these words. Elysande noticed: “Laesonar has lost some of his memories. Apparently, he appeared in this forest few days ago, but doesn’t know how, nor why.”

Armin watched Laesonar eating for a moment, thinking about what little he knew about him. He recalled in his mind Laesonar’s jump during the battle, his approval of his words, his newly rediscovered ability to heal wounds. He smiled slightly “Well, master half-elf, it looks like you’re full of surprises.”

“Am I?”

“You’re quite the warrior, you can heal wounds but you say you don’t know how you learned and now your memory… Oh, and you can speak Orcish?”

“Ah, right. Well, not as much as I’d like to, actually. But what about you, master paladin? You haven’t told us about those shields yet.”

“That’s true. Well, I’d be honoured to join you and the ladies for this Laelariel mission, if you’d allow me?”

“It would be my pleasure, indeed. What do you ladies think?”

Helga got visibly excited “It would be awesome!”

“Very well. So we shall go and see this lake. In this case, I’m going to have time to tell you about those shields during the march, am I not?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full MOC:

34758798875_fb86a43813_z.jpg

34758802455_6a438c2375_z.jpg

What can I say? A small MOC for a 'passage' episode. Awful pics, I know.. I've got a new phone and can't seem to find the ISO thingy option at the moment; was also lacking some light, I guess.

Probably not my best trees. Pretty happy with the rocks instead, for which I'd like UoP credits (studs up, indeed) - If you reckon I need some bigger rocky cliffs for that, feel free to say ^^

So yes, hope you guys enjoy the story at least :tongue:

C&C most welcome as usual.

Thanks for looking/reading! ^^

Ep. 6

Edited by en_zoo

Great story as usual, en_zoo! You continue to have me intrigued by Laesonar and his past, as he keeps getting more and more mysterious. The build itself is fine for its purpose, though it would have been better with better pictures. Despite your disclaimer, I really like the tree to the right, the bigger one, and find it nicer than the rocks, which are just a bit too regular for my taste. They are not bad at all, just too uniform. Overall a very nicely done landscape, though, with the vegetation fitting nicely into the rocks and the path integrated well, too. Good work!

Great story thus far indeed :thumbup: The build looks great as well. I'm especially liking the largest tree, lots of vegetation and the mushrooms are a nice touch. Also liking the rock formations, I feel the clean uniform look is a nice contrast to the rubble-look of the terrain and shrubbery. All around, great stuff here, can't wait to see more of Laesonar's travels. 

Though it is a very nice build, and I think the images are a bit too dark to allow us to really admire your MOC.

This is only nitpicking though, I really like it (especially that tree, it looks very majestic). Great job, keep them coming :thumbup: 

Like the others said, great story en_zoo. However, the build itself is great also and goes well with the story. I really like the layering, along the rock formations. The foliage and trees are also great additions too.

Awesome story, I am imterested to see where it goes :thumbup: The rocks are mediocore but I love the tree. Those mushrooms are also great, they look alot more like fungi in white than in the normal mushroom colours. Fantastic Moc :classic:

Quite an excellent landscape, I like how the tree sits below the raised area but still reaches above it :thumbup: Always great to see Laesonar's story continue too :classic:

On 19/05/2017 at 10:21 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great story as usual, en_zoo! You continue to have me intrigued by Laesonar and his past, as he keeps getting more and more mysterious. The build itself is fine for its purpose, though it would have been better with better pictures. Despite your disclaimer, I really like the tree to the right, the bigger one, and find it nicer than the rocks, which are just a bit too regular for my taste. They are not bad at all, just too uniform. Overall a very nicely done landscape, though, with the vegetation fitting nicely into the rocks and the path integrated well, too. Good work!

Thanks HQ, nice to be intriguing you with the story :wink: Also thanks for your comment about the rocks, gonna have to keep that in mind.

On 19/05/2017 at 10:54 PM, Merc4Hire said:

Great story thus far indeed :thumbup: The build looks great as well. I'm especially liking the largest tree, lots of vegetation and the mushrooms are a nice touch. Also liking the rock formations, I feel the clean uniform look is a nice contrast to the rubble-look of the terrain and shrubbery. All around, great stuff here, can't wait to see more of Laesonar's travels. 

Thanks Merc, glad you like the rocks in particular as they were one of the main points. Also happy to know that you're waiting for more of the story :laugh:

On 20/05/2017 at 2:06 PM, TitusV said:

Though it is a very nice build, and I think the images are a bit too dark to allow us to really admire your MOC.

This is only nitpicking though, I really like it (especially that tree, it looks very majestic). Great job, keep them coming :thumbup: 

Thanks Titus, agreed about the pics, they were rushed. Let's see how it goes next time ^^

On 23/05/2017 at 0:52 AM, Brandon Stark said:

Like the others said, great story en_zoo. However, the build itself is great also and goes well with the story. I really like the layering, along the rock formations. The foliage and trees are also great additions too.

Thank you Brandon, the layering took me a while to figure out, but managed to get it as I wanted --> very glad you appreciate it! ^^

On 24/05/2017 at 10:50 AM, The Maestro said:

Awesome story, I am imterested to see where it goes :thumbup: The rocks are mediocore but I love the tree. Those mushrooms are also great, they look alot more like fungi in white than in the normal mushroom colours. Fantastic Moc :classic:

Thanks Maestro, it's nice to know that people are following along with the story ^^ And good that you like those mushrooms, I really wanted to have them there and took me a while to figure out how exactly.

On 27/05/2017 at 2:32 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Quite an excellent landscape, I like how the tree sits below the raised area but still reaches above it :thumbup: Always great to see Laesonar's story continue too :classic:

Thanks SK, that thing with the tree I tried to do few times and never managed, so this is the first time :blush: Glad to know you like it ^^

Excellent build en_zoo! The steep, narrow path through the rockwork looks great, and the patches of small leaves spread throughout the build are a nice touch.
My favorite part would definitely have to be the mushrooms in the tree though, fantastic work incorporating them in! :thumbup: +1 for the UoP credit :classic:

On 07/06/2017 at 1:46 PM, LittleJohn said:

Excellent build en_zoo! The steep, narrow path through the rockwork looks great, and the patches of small leaves spread throughout the build are a nice touch.
My favorite part would definitely have to be the mushrooms in the tree though, fantastic work incorporating them in! :thumbup: +1 for the UoP credit :classic:

I've almost missed your comment, LJ - thank you very much! ^