Will update post, when I figure how to upload photos

800x450.jpg

Ahh okay, I think I've got this figured out.......

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Alright, this truck was created to fill a need for a Short Wheelbase Single Axle Dually, which will be used to transport "Double Trailers".

The original designer will recognize lots of styling and detail from several of his trucks......... http://ingmarspijkhoven.blogspot.nl/

As shown in the last picture, the 'brains' of my truck! More picture available, comments good or bad welcome.  

Edited by ritztoys
photos issue fixed

Nice truck. Smaller, but still full of detail, and its motorized. :thumbup: However, the rear of the truck almost looks unfinished with so many exposed studs, in comparison to the front and cab. perhaps a little more tiling would be nice to complete the smooth exterior. :classic:

4 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Nice truck. Smaller, but still full of detail, and its motorized. :thumbup: However, the rear of the truck almost looks unfinished with so many exposed studs, in comparison to the front and cab. perhaps a little more tiling would be nice to complete the smooth exterior. :classic:

Thanks for the compliment. :wink:  My 'little voice' said this area needed help, so your suggestion................

800x450.jpg

What do you think?

I really like this truck, you captured the curves of the cab very well.  The colors you chose were also very cool, different, but it works really well.  Like Leonardo said, it is a smaller truck but the amount of detail is still excellent. 

I Like building semi trucks, but most of the time it stops at the chassis since I am no good with building a properly sized cab and be able to get the curved right, you have done all of that. Well done!:thumbup:

5 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Looks great! Maybe use this piece or this piece to smooth out the mudflaps. Otherwise, this is looking nice! :thumbup:

Thanks again, I'll use a Black # 6180. The Dbley are too expensive! (rare part)

nice truck and color combo :classic: when I see it right U used the front onf his truck T2 in combination with the cabin of the T12 Mack granite.

If you want to get more speed and power out of your truck you should use the rechargeable Lego batterybox  and change the dif to the newer one with no reduction of gears.

I know that Ingmar has improved his drive-line and also his steering and they work perfectly can I say :classic:  I think you will find this improvments in his upcoming instructions of the Mack vision.

Edited by Bricker Bricker 72

aminnich,

Leonardo da Bricki,

Bricker Bricker 72

Legorigs

Thanks everyone for your compliments and suggestions, Bricker Bricker 72, you have a sharp eye and figured out the various design clues I included in this truck. The Lipo Battery box was tried in the location behind the cab, I couldn't figure out a way to make it attractive and hold the exhaust pipe too! With the sbrick located in the bottom back of the cab, it sticks out about a 1/2 stud, otherwise the wires are too cramped behind the servo motor to move the sbrick somewhere else. Also I wanted the chassis short between the fifth wheel and cab, it can still clear any of Ingmar's trailers hooked to this truck

The drive line was made to be sure I will have plenty of pulling power for "Doubles Trailers", although I will be very curious to see Ingmar's improvements in the Mack Vision.

I wanted originally to build a short chassis truck with the Mack Vision bodywork, but my fingers wanted to build a new truck and I couldn't shut-off my brain!

This truck also uses Ingmar's early suspension along with the 100% LEGO elements for the steering system, which works very well.

I'm open to improvements(always) but I had plenty of old parts in my supplies, that I wanted to put to 'work'.

As a result of the improvements, the engines will also be placed differently and that gives enough opportunities ( room ) to place the SBrick and lipo battery box differently.

Love this as I already told you. Cool to see that I've inspired you, can tell without any doubt :-) but the same time you really went wild on it. You stepped out of the box and build your own interpretation and takes courage...and well done!!! :thumbup::wub:

Nice to have short wheelbase Peterbilt withouth rear tandem axles for a change. Only cab colors are not my choice but it is artists freedom :thumbup:

Edited by I_Igor

5 hours ago, 2LegoOrNot2Lego... said:

Love this as I already told you. Cool to see that I've inspired you, can tell without any doubt :-) but the same time you really went wild on it. You stepped out of the box and build your own interpretation and takes courage...and well done!!! :thumbup::wub:

Thanks Ingmar, I appreciate your comment very much, coming from "The LEGO Truck Master" ,himself.

I hopefully will be able to come up with a set of 'Doubles' for this truck as my next project

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Nice to have short wheelbase Peterbilt withouth rear tandem axles for a change. Only cab colors are not my choice but it is artists freedom :thumbup:

Thanks I_Igor, I have many dual axle Semi's, but wanted to add this combination to my collection, of course very influenced by our favorite designer. :thumbup:

Funny you mention the colors, I got the idea from a lady's outfit on a TV news channel, she had these exact  colors! :tongue:

Just now, ritztoys said:

Thanks Ingmar, I appreciate your comment very much, coming from "The LEGO Truck Master" ,himself.

I hopefully will be able to come up with a set of 'Doubles' for this truck as my next project

Thanks I_Igor, I have many dual axle Semi's, but wanted to add this combination to my collection, of course very influenced by our favorite designer. :thumbup:

Funny you mention the colors, I got the idea from a lady's outfit on a TV news channel, she had these exact  colors! :tongue:

If she is atractive you have a good reason. :devil:

Ingmar has some cool ideas about U.S. trucks; specially Kenworths :wink: