IcarusBuilds

[MOC][WIP][LDD] Minifig Scale Clone Wars BTL-B Y-Wing Starfighter

Hey everyone,

So I recently started re-watching Clone Wars since I finally got it on BluRay, and thought I'd take a stab at some of the ships since Clone Wars was the first series I started making MOCs for. (One day I may show my earlier stuff once I update it all.)

I had forgotten how neat the Republic Y-Wing was, and thought I'd tackle that. I had planned to show this off as real bricks but it's going to cost a bit more than I had originally anticipated, so here is the LDD version for now.

33877407064_ed16da2465_c.jpgAnakin's BTL-B Y-Wing Starfighter (1) by IcarusBuilds, on Flickr

Version with landing gear, there is unfortunately no room to fold it in, so it has to be removed and bricks placed over the holes.

33877407264_072540b80e_c.jpgAnakin's BTL-B Y-Wing Starfighter (2) by IcarusBuilds, on Flickr

They had the design drawings available on the Star Wars website, so I used those to get my design as close as I could scale wise.

34557922092_23e6cfa638_c.jpgAnakin's BTL-B Y-Wing Starfighter - Full (1) by IcarusBuilds, on Flickr

And then a collection of the different colours seen in the show.

33877407194_b53d0bb719_c.jpgBTL-B Y-Wing Starfighter - All Colours (1) by IcarusBuilds, on Flickr

34557921942_1e1c49190a_c.jpgBTL-B Y-Wing Starfighter - All Colours (2) by IcarusBuilds, on Flickr

33877406974_ce4bbdc7de_c.jpgBTL-B Y-Wing Starfighter - All Colours (3) by IcarusBuilds, on Flickr

As a side note, there is enough room to fit Anakin and Ahsoka in the cockpit, I tried to fit a clone, but the helmet is just way to big to fit under the canopy.

Also I am aware that these do contain some pieces that do not currently come in the shown colours.

Anyways, let me know what you think, and enjoy.

Wow...all I can say really. I own two of the official sets (1 red) and they're among my favourite sets; but you've just put them to shame. I love the level of detail and the improved engine builds, great job!

Looking great - I did a UCS version but had to simplify the engines due to the weight - it would be great to see a brick version of this and see it in real bricks.

Hello, IcarusBuilds!

Fantastic job here, the shaping looks almost identical to the reference images! Definitely get a render done, I would recommend using POV-Ray and Stud.io together! Also how many pieces does the model consist of?

Kind regards, Ellis.

6 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Hello, IcarusBuilds!

Fantastic job here, the shaping looks almost identical to the reference images! Definitely get a render done, I would recommend using POV-Ray and Stud.io together! Also how many pieces does the model consist of?

Kind regards, Ellis.

@Ellisss_2 While I have heard of POV-Ray I am unfamiliar with how it works, and I'm not sure I've heard of Stud.io. Regardless, I did a quick render the features the display stand I built for it.

The model with landing gear is a total of 1840pcs.

34342086130_8821737e14_b.jpgBTL-B Y-Wing Starfighter - TEST2.lxf by IcarusBuilds, on Flickr

Neat.  You'd have to work on the swapped color versions a bit more and use the white roll-cage windscreens.  It doesn't come in dk. red or yellow.  I'm betting the domes don't either.

Is there any possible way i could have instructions for this amazing model, if so could u please send them to jwinson04 AT gmail DOT com, Thanks Josh

On 22-5-2017 at 10:10 PM, kylefriz said:

This Build is amazing!!!  any chance we could get the ldd file??  

i agree

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote images

I love this MOC and would love to add this to my republic fleet. I don't suppose could get the LDD instructions? Threelittleindians75 AT gmail DOT com

Very nice build.  I signed up just to post another request for the LDD file.  This is a tough design and I have not been able to get it right.  I have been looking for a Clone Wars Y-Wing for a couple of years now and this one has the right lines and right size and this one nails it.  Well done.  And when time permits, please consider sharing the file.  Thanks!

I'm a huge fan of the Y wing, got five of the most recent regular ones, and two of the UCS ones, I'd very much like to put together the yellow version of your MOC, do you have a parts list or instructions file that it would be possible to purchase?

I always loved the Clone Wars Y-Wing, great job on the design as always. I would also like to further the question asked above made by ZACMAN9908.