Sign in to follow this  
Puvel

AoM Tower Phase 2: The watchtower by the cliff

The locals decided they needed a new watchtower to monitor the coast. An old stone tower could be used as foundation, it needed some repairs but that wasn't an issue as there was plenty of wood available close by. Once repaired, the tower had a magnificent view and could spot incoming raiders from miles away.

34276047040_f96e79b7c8_c.jpg

Lovely use of that siding technique! The tree is also excellent, and I like how you used two tones of trans blue for the water :thumbup:

The wooden part of the tower looks splendid, and the tree is great as well. The stonework on the tower is a bit too busy for my taste, not texture-wise, necessarily, but color-wise. Four colors and at least 6 different texture techniques in such a small area makes for a jumbled-looking building, and not in a run-down kind of way. The fig combos, though, are great, and I love the use of Sven as a reindeer mount. 

Waw, that wooden part of the tower is so great :wub: 

I also like the elk :wink: Though I think the rockwork looks a bit too uniform, the tree is quite nice!

2 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Lovely use of that siding technique! The tree is also excellent, and I like how you used two tones of trans blue for the water :thumbup:

Thanks soccerkid! Happy you like it

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The wooden part of the tower looks splendid, and the tree is great as well. The stonework on the tower is a bit too busy for my taste, not texture-wise, necessarily, but color-wise. Four colors and at least 6 different texture techniques in such a small area makes for a jumbled-looking building, and not in a run-down kind of way. The fig combos, though, are great, and I love the use of Sven as a reindeer mount. 

Thanks Henjin! The 4 colours wasn't really intended. Started out with using dark tan and then remembered I recently bought some sand green so wanted to use that instead, must have missed taking out one part! Didn't realize I had 6 different textures, was just using the bricks that were close at hand. Thanks for pointing that out though, will pay more attention next build! 

1 hour ago, TitusV said:

Waw, that wooden part of the tower is so great :wub: 

I also like the elk :wink: Though I think the rockwork looks a bit too uniform, the tree is quite nice!

Thanks Titus! Will try to make rock work with a bit more variety next time

Great tower, the siding technique works well!  I also like your use of the reindeer/elk/moose, or whatever. :grin:  The tree is great too and :thumbup: for including that cute skunk! :laugh:

Great work on the landscape and I love the wodden section, really makes this unique. Also very nice stead :thumbup:

Nice tower, Puvel!

The wood siding technique is put to good use for this tower!  The snowy landscape and gray cliff face are nice contrasts to the watchtower and really make it stand out.  I also think the cliff face would look better with some elevation variation at the top, but it still looks pretty good how you have it.  I like the tree with bits of snow on the leaves.  The reindeer and skunk are cute additions!

nice side wood there man.... Cute moc and reindeer, I have to buy one sometime :wub: