darththeling

[MOC] Midi? Jedi Council Chamber

20170516_233705_zpsvxu8c2jd.jpg

20170516_235124_zpszivicnpg.jpg

Here's a Jedi Council Chamber at a smaller than System scale, accommodating 7 of the 12 council members with just enough space for a couple of minifigs to stand in the middle. It's riffing on the similar Coruscant theme from Palpatine's Arrest, where brick supplies allowed me to piece it together. This Jedi Council lineup is based on the positions held during The Phantom Menace

86a2ba67-044b-4b37-b73c-ccbd1495ada2_zps

20170516_233853_zpsxh3ulcln.jpg

20170516_233752_zpsazpac8tk.jpg

Size-wise, it's just about the amount of shelf space I can afford for this playset, but it is unquestionably a long-overlooked location for an official Lego set. Plenty of figures can be crammed in there. I was inspired to finish this up and put it on the shelf after seeing Kevii23's beaut of a build (lojaco's from Lego Ideas) here

20170516_233807_zpsrwioovuw.jpg

The build of the baseplate isn't very remarkable. What I would have preferred are the new connection plates from the Carbon Freezing Chamber to complete the circle. The way I did it, using regular old 2x2 plates (and) bricks with hinges creates a circle well enough but the Lego won't connect two opposite sides together properly. The studs don't line up. I managed to use a couple of 1x2 modified with hole pieces to click into place on one end but this thing is bottom-heavy overall because of the extra weight in there. The floor's just a little off kilter, but as Jedi have no attachment / possessions, no one should lose anything down the crack, rite?

20170516_233617_zps9wxuqwhc.jpg

20170516_233539_zpsolvo1ntb.jpg

20170516_235140_zpsle6zzprd.jpg

20170516_234727_zpswuedp7k8.jpg

I tried building it higher and possibly a roof using those big round slabs that I have too many of (i.e. from the Droid Gunship) but I want this playset to match the existing Palpatine's Arrest and this location looks best without a roof anyway. Otherwise you can't see inside easily and enjoy all the Jedi sitting in the circle.  

20170516_234001_zpsnzo18cie.jpg

Bonus pic, here's the lightsaber rack outside the Jedi Council. "Okay, who brought the red blades?" 

Been trying something like this for a while with mixed results but I like where this particular build has taken me. I might decide to Bricklink new connections to make the circle more sturdy, though. For now it'll do. I'm certainly open to suggestions and criticism. 
Edited by darththeling
couple new pics

Very neat! While I do respect big and elaborate builds, I also like when something is more scaled down to the proportions of an official playset release, and your work does that perfectly! I could really see this being an official set, though TLG doesn't seem too keen to release a big amount of minifigs with a set like that.

Great job, very Lego-esque!