In a remote tavern, the paths of two adventurers crossed.  An Oleon adventurer who sat with a Mardier officer who seems to be the only one to listen to his tall tale adventure. So there I be, heading due west in search of adventure, treasure, and the great western continent.  We weren't able to maintain our heading due to some strong westerlies- Hey! did you pay yet to hear this tale?
The Mardier not wanting to draw attention to himself, begrudgingly paid the man. 
Our intent was to find the continent on southern latitude.  However, we were progressing slowly with the wind against us, and we had to steer from our anticipated course.  We were not certain what longitude we were at, and the suspicious crew figure we sailed past the continent.  Finding more favorable winds, we sailed back on course. While making my daily sighting, a lookout spotted land.  That's when I felt the pyramid gold speak to me.  I wrote down the wrong latitude in the ship's log, and taken it to memory, only.  No one else suspected, and they were focused on checking out the island.  I opted to stay on the ship to "verify my latitude".  Only one member of the landing party survived, but injured.  Everyone else had been killed by the natives.  His pouch fell while getting helped to the doctor below, and I took the pouch. With nothing but a skeleton crew left, we sailed back here, broke. These coins were what the crewman took from the island, and he uttered one word. Pyramid. You pay me again, and I'll tell you what the latitude was.  If you pay me double, I'll tell you the truth. The Oleon adventurer had told his tale to the only one desperate enough to hear his tale and the only one in town who had the ability to find this "Pyramid Treasure", a navigator of a Mardier exploration ship.  Keeping the story to himself and with favorable winds, the Mardier officer led the exploration vessel straight to the island.  The Mardier Officer warned them that the natives were very aggressive and to find a pyramid.  Seeing how a Mardier has never sailed these waters, the crew were vexed how the officer knew this vital information.  The crewmen, with rifles ready, went straight for the tallest point of the small island. With no sightings of natives, they were surprised to see the pyramid abandoned, full of treasure.  Certain that the natives could be back at any time, they quickly loaded their vessel and began their long trek back to Mardier. The Mardier ship had escaped a run-in with pirates. By the grace of the gods, the vessel barely made it to a remote Oleon settlement.  The leaky, damaged vessel was scuttled once the treasure was loaded into the fort.  Oleon’s reputation for ensuring their settlements are well fortified was strengthened when the Mardier arrived.  The large fort could easily protect the Mardier cargo until an adequate vessel is available to finish transporting their cargo. While moving the chests into the fort, the Mardier noticed some eerily familiar individuals in the jail.  The Oleon officer casually stated another ship had come two days earlier under Eslandolian colors requesting supplies.  There were no suspicions until one of the lookouts in the fort claimed to see a black flag being sewn on the poop deck.  The fort was made ready for an engagement with the suspicious vessel.  The vessel’s crew heard the bells sound from the fort.  The crew were frantic to respond and raised the very black flag they were sewing.  After a couple of rounds from these large guns went through the vessel, it quickly fled.   These men were here procuring supplies from the vessel’s landing craft.  They claim to be Eslandolian privateers and not pirates and don’t believe that raising the black flag was deliberate.  We sent an envoy to Eslandolia to see if these men are who they claim to be.  If you ask me, they may be dressed in green, but inside I think they’re pirates.  I am sure they’ll be on the gallows soon. The Mardier officer simply smiled. Mpyromaxos built the tavern scene. Gideon built the pyramid. I built the fort. Thanks for looking. Additional Pictures: