legoman19892

Where should the next People at the ____ take place?

Where should the next people pack be located?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Fun at the ____.

Is it wrong that my mind jumps to the dark and twisted things Lego will never give us? "Fun in Vegas! With Blackjack and Strippers!" (That one comes with an official Politician minifig!)  "Fun at the Biker Bar!" (Although we got kinda close to that with Ninjago now that I think about it?) "Fun in the CSI Unit!" 

I voted for Fun at the DMV...recreate all the excitement of bureaucratic inefficiency!  Instead of a box, this set would come wrapped in over thirty feet of red tape!

Fun at the fair should hopefully bring all the little side stalls everyone has been complaining have been missing in the past as well as a few :sick: green looking faces

I wonder if we will see the medium childs legs used in real sets outside of minifig blind bags?

2 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

I wonder if we will see the medium childs legs used in real sets outside of minifig blind bags?

They were used for Harry Potter 2018 sets, so hopefully become more common in City/Creator minifig population as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

Would love to see some parts from the Roller Coaster set. Sadly I think it’s unlikely we’ll get a version of the lemonade stand, but it’s not unreasonable to think we may get the pink beehive recolour for the candy floss / cotton candy.

Edited by DeanLearner
Spelling

I think we might even costumed characters there

Like an amusement park mascot

There are already plenty of masks they can use for that

Edited by Robert8

On 12/21/2018 at 6:29 PM, SFmuscle73 said:

“Fun With The Furries”.

Tagline: “Get you kink on dressed as your favorite furry”

No need really for such a set, as the Collectable Minifigure line already has you covered... :hmpf:

On 5/15/2017 at 1:22 PM, legoman19892 said:

Where do LEGO City residents like to hang out?

Say, should this discussion topic be broadened to include speculation/wishlisting of other People Packs beyond the annual "Fun at the (insert here)" City sets, such as the Mars Mission subtheme's People Pack - Space Research and Development introduced this year? :shrug_confused:

60230-1.jpg?201904230842

22 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, should this discussion topic be broadened to include speculation/wishlisting of other People Packs beyond the annual "Fun at the (insert here)" City sets, such as the Mars Mission subtheme's People Pack - Space Research and Development introduced this year? :shrug_confused:

I agree! I like that it opens up the possibility of other people packs based more on professions than locations. In that vein, a People Pack focusing on the arts could be awesome! Musicians, painters, sculptors, actors - a lot of possibilities there.

I’m up for ‘People at the zoo’, and maybe a set of winter/winter sports figures 

Just a few themes I'd potentially be interested in, and my ideas for minifig concepts:

• Amusement park/carnival--Visitors, barkers, ride attendants, clowns, food sellers
  • Museum--guides/docents, security guard, artists and/or scientists, kids on a field trip, exhibits themselves (such as a statue, or a mannequin displaying historical costume)
  • Renaissance Faire--people in Renaissance costumes of all kinds and varying levels of quality
  • College campus--students, professors, visiting parents, graduate, demonstrators, athletes
  • Snowscape--skiers/snowboarders, kids playing, snowmen, generic people in winter clothes
  • Mall--shoppers, shop/kiosk employees, food court servers, mannequins
  • Music festival--musicians, fans, roadies, crowd-control people

I actually wouldn't want a Fun at the Zoo pack unless a Zoo subtheme already existed. The point of a zoo is the animals, not the people, and while a few (small) animals could definitely be included in a People Pack, it would still be underwhelming.

I still think we will get a "Fun at the Winter Village" to go with that line

Fun at the Horror Town could be also neat, with a bunch of Treat or Trick-ers 

Fun at the Summer Camp and Fun in the school are also likely

On 5/11/2019 at 8:49 PM, Robert8 said:

I still think we will get a "Fun at the Winter Village" to go with that line

Fun at the Horror Town could be also neat, with a bunch of Treat or Trick-ers 

Fun at the Summer Camp and Fun in the school are also likely

I could also see a "Fun at the Skate Park" pack being a hypothetical possibility, perhaps making reusage/recoloring of Jack's and Parker's new headgear molds from the upcoming Hidden Side theme for at least two of its figures.

70420-1.jpg?201905090326

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:37 PM, Karalora said:

I actually wouldn't want a Fun at the Zoo pack unless a Zoo subtheme already existed. The point of a zoo is the animals, not the people, and while a few (small) animals could definitely be included in a People Pack, it would still be underwhelming.

I think that's the reason I do want one, or at least people packs in locations where a new animal mould would be appropriate (like the eagle in the 2018 one). I don't need all the bricks and pieces needed to make the zoo, other than the animals so having a theme of its own wouldn't be particularly useful, especially as it would be released one year and we wouldn't see it for the next 20! However, the lack of animals in minifigure system scale is extremely poor and something that needs to be addressed by TLG. Making new moulds of animals wouldn't be underwhelming at all and would make these sets more worthwhile, like the original wheelchair and baby made Fun at the Park unique. There isn't anything to prevent larger animals from appearing in these sets as there would be enough room in the box for bigger animals (e.g. a giraffe or kangaroo), unlike in the collectible minifigure packets where you wouldn't fit one.

I definitely like the idea of this line expanding to include seasons or other places.  So a "Winter" or a "Summer" theme, etc.

23 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

However, the lack of animals in minifigure system scale is extremely poor and something that needs to be addressed by TLG.

Have we ever gotten new parts in a People Pack before? I was assuming that any animals included would be existing small ones, like the baby chimp or a parrot. Granted a Zoo theme is one we're sorely lacking in general and if a People Pack is the only way to get it, I'll take it.

3 minutes ago, Karalora said:

Have we ever gotten new parts in a People Pack before? 

Eagle in "outdoor adventure pack" 60202 is a new animal mold and only available in that unique set i believe.

21 hours ago, Karalora said:

Have we ever gotten new parts in a People Pack before? I was assuming that any animals included would be existing small ones, like the baby chimp or a parrot. Granted a Zoo theme is one we're sorely lacking in general and if a People Pack is the only way to get it, I'll take it.

The baby minifigure had not been released prior to Fun at the Park, as well as the wheelchair piece. The canoe piece and the dolphin are fairly large parts and were in the Fun at the Beach set, so I see no reason why we couldn't include bigger animals. Would be nice to see the CMF penguins again though! TLG should be aiming to boost the range of animals available. My worry is that if they did release a zoo theme, we'd only get a handful of sets and then nothing for years afterwards like with the Farm subtheme. Perhaps the people packs should take on different habitats each year - e.g. Fund on Safari, Fun at the Rainforest...

6 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

The baby minifigure had not been released prior to Fun at the Park, as well as the wheelchair piece. The canoe piece and the dolphin are fairly large parts and were in the Fun at the Beach set, so I see no reason why we couldn't include bigger animals. Would be nice to see the CMF penguins again though! TLG should be aiming to boost the range of animals available. My worry is that if they did release a zoo theme, we'd only get a handful of sets and then nothing for years afterwards like with the Farm subtheme. Perhaps the people packs should take on different habitats each year - e.g. Fund on Safari, Fun at the Rainforest...

I mean, surely it’s time that the City police had a ‘safari police’ or ‘zoo police’ theme ...