legoman19892

Where should the next People at the ____ take place?

Where should the next people pack be located?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Fun at the ____.

3 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Fun at the forest, but with castle ruins and signs like you get at national trust and English heritage properties , it could have swings, a mini cafe, ticket booth, ruins trees (duh) and gardens and for figs there could be visitors ,reenactors, workers, dog walkers, walkers and maybe a new deer part. I 'm sure that there are similar place across Europe and parts of Asia and Africa.

Castle ruins are far less universal than you give them credit for. For one thing, they're pretty much entirely absent in America—we've never really had "castles" to speak of, outside of the estates of wealthy tycoons. And even assuming something similar in concept in Asia and Africa, the actual appearance of such ruins could vary wildly. For a theme as archetypical as City, that kind of specificity could be a deal breaker.

That's not to say a "fun in the forest" or "fun in the woods" set couldn't work—it'd just have to focus more on more widely relatable subjects, many of which I imagine would revolve around nature. Trees, mushrooms, animals, and minifigures based on hikers, scouts, and naturalists would make for a much more globally relevant set.

21 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Castle ruins are far less universal than you give them credit for. For one thing, they're pretty much entirely absent in America—we've never really had "castles" to speak of, outside of the estates of wealthy tycoons. And even assuming something similar in concept in Asia and Africa, the actual appearance of such ruins could vary wildly. For a theme as archetypical as City, that kind of specificity could be a deal breaker.

That's not to say a "fun in the forest" or "fun in the woods" set couldn't work—it'd just have to focus more on more widely relatable subjects, many of which I imagine would revolve around nature. Trees, mushrooms, animals, and minifigures based on hikers, scouts, and naturalists would make for a much more globally relevant set.

I doubt that Lego would make any naturalists :laugh: (or is that naturists?) .And although the climates vary I know there are stone ruins in Asia and north Africa ,what i was unsure of was if they were used as similar attraction and I know that the usa doesn't have any but the question was where it should be not where it would be.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

I'm going to say Museum because the theme for it could be anything!

Sci Fi museum dedicated to exotic weapons or creatures or plants, whatever lol

8 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I doubt that Lego would make any naturalists :laugh: (or is that naturists?)

LEGO Naturalists = :thumbup:

LEGO Naturists = never gonna happen.

Museum and Theme Park would be my top picks from the poll.

Fun at the Forest would be cool. Maybe that bear from the Forest Police sets can also have fun at the forest.

Fun at Downtown could be a great set for city builders and city scenes if done right.

I think the "Fun at the ___" idea can cross over to other themes.  Fun at the Castle, Fun in Space...

35 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I think the "Fun at the ___" idea can cross over to other themes.  Fun at the Castle, Fun in Space...

"Fun at the Castle" would be something like this, but I don´t think it will happen

On 2016-12-23 at 3:44 PM, Yooha said:

all medieval

I almost forgot this picture.

I dunno, having "picnicked with the dead", I'd probably buy a Fun at the Cemetery set. An Autumn harvest-time farm set could be comfy, too.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

"Fun at the Castle" would be something like this, but I don´t think it will happen

Yes, something like that but without the Christmas theme.  That could be great.

Fun at the Comic Book Convention. It doesn't have to have any tie ins, but it could definitely include people dressed up in sci-fi and fantasy costumes, as well as some dealer and artist booths, a ticket area, and a food vendor. It could include printed plates with generic comics on them, as well as new printed torsos with geeky themes to them, as well as unique minifigs for Castle and Scifi builders.

For figures, you could have a Food Vendor, two Dealers, an Artist, a Sci-fi Spaceman, an Elven Wizard, a Photographer, a Father, a Girl, a Boy, a Con Staff Member, a Security Guard, and just for kicks, throw a Fursuiter of some kind in there. We all know Lego would go over the moon and back for more minfigures in mascot costumes. :poke:

On 6/6/2017 at 11:36 PM, Kintobor said:

Fun at the Comic Book Convention. It doesn't have to have any tie ins, but it could definitely include people dressed up in sci-fi and fantasy costumes, as well as some dealer and artist booths, a ticket area, and a food vendor. It could include printed plates with generic comics on them, as well as new printed torsos with geeky themes to them, as well as unique minifigs for Castle and Scifi builders.

Not a bad idea.  There could be something for everyone in this pack.

I ticked farm and zoo, but there was no "Fun At The Mall" ?

Actually, there really should be people packs with basic small builds in them, say Hospital/Medical or Tradespeople (builders, painters, plumbers, mechanics).

Fun at Comic Con would be neat. Doubt we'd ever see it, but it'd be neat. Fun at the movies, would be cool. Maybe a fun at the water park/Zoo/otherplacespeoplego

On May 22, 2017 at 10:25 PM, Borex said:

Fun at the nuclear power plant

On May 22, 2017 at 10:40 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

Fun at the battlefield, Fun at the erupting volcano... so much potential!

Fun at the chemical weapons disposal facility.

Fun at the adult film convention. 

Fun at the gun show.

Fun at the G7 Summit. 

Fun at the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

...great MOC potential. :tongue:

On 6/7/2017 at 4:36 AM, Kintobor said:

For figures, you could have a Food Vendor, two Dealers, an Artist, a Sci-fi Spaceman, an Elven Wizard, a Photographer, a Father, a Girl, a Boy, a Con Staff Member, a Security Guard, and just for kicks, throw a Fursuiter of some kind in there. We all know Lego would go over the moon and back for more minfigures in mascot costumes. :poke:

Absolutely this! I was going to write something similar, but then I saw you beat me to it lol  .

and Fun at the Renaissance Fair and Fun at the Homeless Shelter would give us some inventive minifigs

So, it seems the next people pack will be "60202 People Pack - Outdoor Adventures"

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So, it seems the next people pack will be "60202 People Pack - Outdoor Adventures"

Interesting. We do already have quite a few of that sort of figure from the CMF and City lines (e.g. Mountain Climber, Hiker). A few new(ish) possibilities that spring to mind include:

Female equivalent of S16 Hiker (though likely more generic printing).

Reuse of the bear and beehive moulds from the 2018 City Police line.

Fisherman/woman maybe using prints from the Old Fishing Store.

Probably another kayak...

7 hours ago, DeanLearner said:

Female equivalent of S16 Hiker (though likely more generic printing).

Reuse of the bear and beehive moulds from the 2018 City Police line.

Fisherman/woman maybe using prints from the Old Fishing Store.

Probably another kayak...

Given the alpine theme of this year's Police subtheme, and if you can consider the Mining subtheme to be interrelated to that same theme, perhaps this people pack will also be themed as such. If so, maybe they may give us some recolors/reprints of the goat mold, for mountain goats that is.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Farm for me. Zoo wouldn't include enough animals.

Fun at the Ski resort would fit into the ice theme LEGO did with Friends this year and always good with the Winter Village sets.

The Fun in the Snow idea from earlier definitely seems like it would be a good fit! Somebody else brought up Fun at the Farm in another topic, which sounds like it could work out potentially.

Other themes or settings I've thought of include:

• Parade: With a marching band, clowns, dancers, some folks in mascot costumes, balloons, etc.
  • Medieval Faire: Perhaps still not quite a global thing, but a nice way to work some reasonably authentic medieval-themed stuff into one of these packs that would still fit with a modern City setting and wouldn't only be relatable to people where that kind of history is local.
  • Rock Concert/Music Festival: With a stage, musicians, and instruments similar to 850486, but also with fans, food/drink vendors, etc.
  • Harvest Festival: This could easily tie in with the Farm suggestion but also have a vaguely seasonal theme like the Snow suggestion or the existing Beach set. Lots of room for things like livestock and baking competitions, horseback riding, maybe a scarecrow, etc.
  • Multicultural Fair: Do other countries besides the United States have those? Good way to maybe work in some ethnic clothes, foods, or activities from around the world in a way that isn't relevant to any one particular country.
  • Circus: While these are usually indoors, it would probably be more practical as a people pack than a regular set due to how difficult it would be to construct a "Big Top" style tent using traditional System elements. Also the low price point might make it easier to omit some of the more controversial stuff associated with circuses like elephants, and focus instead on trapeze artists, acrobats, clowns, a ringmaster, and maybe some trick riders on horseback since horses are an animal that has been more safely and reliably domesticated than animals like tigers and elephants.
  • Movie studio: Lots of room for LEGO Studios style film equipment, cast members in varied costumes, studio crew, etc.

19 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Movie studio: Lots of room for LEGO Studios style film equipment, cast members in varied costumes, studio crew, etc.

Perhaps this could be viable as a People Pack; but honestly, I think they should just go for an all-out Studios subtheme for City.

Farm or Ski Resort would be very doable in terms of mix and match "generic" city people as intended

But I do also hope they make "starter pack" for Police/Fire/Medics in the future.

A smaller variant of 9247 Community People might be interesting too.

Edited by TeriXeri

Not that it would work, but a 'Fun at the Air Show' pack would be cool to see as so to obtain more figures in aviator attire. :grin:

On 5/23/2017 at 7:25 AM, Borex said:

Fun at the nuclear power plant

On 5/23/2017 at 7:40 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

Fun at the battlefield, Fun at the erupting volcano... so much potential!

On 6/18/2017 at 9:59 PM, koalayummies said:

Fun at the chemical weapons disposal facility.

Fun at the adult film convention. 

Fun at the gun show.

Fun at the G7 Summit. 

Fun at the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

...great MOC potential. :tongue:

My goodness, the jokes in this thread! :rofl::thumbup:

Hmm, let's see...

Fun at the church

Fun in prison

Fun at the coffee shop

Fun at the red light district! :laugh:

Jokes aside, I really like @Aanchir's idea of the Rock concert/Music festival. My interested in contemporary stuff like City is rather limited, but music-related things are a clear exception. Definitely needs a guitarist (soft-rock), a drummer, a food vendor (one that walks around), a techno DJ and some fans, of which one has to be sitting on someone else's shoulders :grin:. Fun at the Circus would be cool, with a firebreather, magician, unicycle or tall-bicyclist, and a few small and non-controversial animals indeed.
Fun in the snow/ at the Ski resort seems inevitable at some point, but I'd personally not be interested. Oh, and I'm all for cross-theme editions like Fun in Space or Fun at the Castle (we need Fun in the Village!!), though I think those would be much less likely to happen. 

I'd propose Fun at the Pier/Boulevard, which would be a good intermediate between Fun at the Beach and the Old Fishing Store. I imagine it would include a roller skater, skateboarder, runner, juices seller, dune buggy (with surfers heading for the beach) and some regular happy folk strolling around.