legoman19892

Where should the next People at the ____ take place?

Where should the next people pack be located?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Fun at the ____.

"Fun at the Zoo" could be cool, though personally I'd prefer a more robust zoo set (or sets, plural) with more animals and enclosures, rather than one that focused on people at the expense of the build. Same goes for "Fun at the Farm"—that's a much better subject to cover in a whole subtheme (as has been done before), rather than a minifigure pack that wouldn't necessarily have space for many animals or heavy machinery.

How about "Fun at the Circus"? Plenty of opportunities for both spectators and performers in a set like that, without necessarily needing a huge part of the set to be dedicated to builds or to a bunch of more expensive animals.

A lot of others seem like they'd be harder sells. A set of school-based figures would be cool, but it might be slightly harder to convince kids that "fun" would be an adequate descriptor for such a set.

Edited by Lyichir

Fun at the DMV would be a winner for sure! :tongue:

But seriously, I'd love a Fun at the Fairground, to go along with the Fairground sets. Those sets already come packed with Minifigures, but I would love a small set with some more, plus a couple small side builds, a la the dunk tank and contest of strength from the Mixer.

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

"Fun at the Zoo" could be cool, though personally I'd prefer a more robust zoo set (or sets, plural) with more animals and enclosures, rather than one that focused on people at the expense of the build. Same goes for "Fun at the Farm"—that's a much better subject to cover in a whole subtheme (as has been done before), rather than a minifigure pack that wouldn't necessarily have space for many animals or heavy machinery.

But wouldn't Fun at the Zoo be just one set in a Zoo subtheme? :wink:

Zoo then theme park then ski resort in my opinion. I may be biased as the zoo and theme park are two additions I need to add to my town :)

2 hours ago, finnbricker said:

But wouldn't Fun at the Zoo be just one set in a Zoo subtheme? :wink:

I don't think so? Neither of the other minifigure packs have been tied in with a larger subtheme. Besides, I would sort of expect a full zoo subtheme to include plenty of figs and animals already if we were to get one... the only thing we might not get are as many civilian (non-zookeeper) figs, and it's not like people wear really distinctive outfits to zoos that couldn't be featured just as easily in other scenes.

34 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I don't think so? Neither of the other minifigure packs have been tied in with a larger subtheme. Besides, I would sort of expect a full zoo subtheme to include plenty of figs and animals already if we were to get one... the only thing we might not get are as many civilian (non-zookeeper) figs, and it's not like people wear really distinctive outfits to zoos that couldn't be featured just as easily in other scenes.

How about fun at the petting zoo?

I was thinking people at the Hospital, could make for some great and hilarious prints. like mom over reacting to the child with pollen allergies, or a guy with his head stuck in a fence, im sure it could be done in a child friendly manor. :)

I think a "fun in the snow" could really be a great potential next set even if a fun in the zoo is really appealing. But perhaps the zoo would lead in having too much animals. I am not sure TLG could release a fun in the zoo set.

So go for a fun in the snow/ski resort set ! 

I'd actually really like a 'Fun At The Museum' set. Could maybe include a big skeleton of something like an Apatosaur, some other exhibits, and then a few unique minifigures.

I am going to have to go with "Fun in the Courtroom" simply for the fact I have been slowly working on a courthouse MOC for a while now.  A judge, bailiff, attorneys, press, angry jurists, plaintiff and defendant would all be appreciated.  

I would say Fun at the Theatre.

Fun at the Zoo comes next.

Fun at the Arena is my third. Insert the sport you prefer. Opera, Rock Concert, Baseball, Ice hockey. Football, Shinty, Rugby, Aussie Rules Football, Polo or American Football.

I think a Fun in the Snow set makes the most sense as these sets do not really incorporate buildings.

As much as I'd love proper zoo sets it would be more likely that there would be a bigger zoo subtheme. I would prefer a regular zoo set each year rather than just one and then nothing for 25 years! Come on Lego, how about reusing the Prince of Persia ostrich and camel for those of us who don't buy licensed sets?!

Although there is no confirmation these sets will continue (the park set was very popular due to the new baby and wheelchair pieces, but reaction to the beach was less enthusiastic even though I like it), it would be good to have a three year cycle of park/beach/snow but these sets would need to have something unique each time to remain popular.

Other options I'd like would be Fun at the Wedding (lots of smart outfits with new hats and nice dresses) or Fun at the Orchestra (with lots of musical instrument moulds).

On 16/5/2017 at 7:01 PM, GallardoLU said:

I was thinking people at the Hospital, could make for some great and hilarious prints. like mom over reacting to the child with pollen allergies, or a guy with his head stuck in a fence, im sure it could be done in a child friendly manor. :)

For some reason I always have to think about the video game 'Theme Hospital' by Bullfrog with its hilarious diseases when people talk about a Lego hospital theme :laugh:
Minifigs with 'bloated head', '3rd degree sideburns',... yes please!

Ok, I predicted "Fun at the Beach" almost immediately after Fun at Park was released. So, here I go with another prediction. Let's see if it happens:

Fun at the Camp

Like a summer camp for kids. Here are some pics of what I have in mind because I'm too lazy to write a description :classic:

Image result for summer campRelated imageRelated imageRelated image

Edited by Robert8

DMV. I have to renew my license.  Great place to hang out.  Except we don't call them DMV in my country...

I think a "Fun at the Shops" set would be broad enough to have lots of varied figs. Merchants with props to sell and customers with bags and a shopping trolley. Food and drink vendors, an arcade machine and maybe a bowling alley?

I feel like zoo is the most likely one out of all these themes, even though I personally would love a court house, DMV, or cemetery. Just think of the silly builds and little jokes for adults, in the vein of what we get in the modulars. For all the criminals LEGO city has, it certainly needs a courtroom to sentence them. 

Fun at the forest, but with castle ruins and signs like you get at national trust and English heritage properties , it could have swings, a mini cafe, ticket booth, ruins trees (duh) and gardens and for figs there could be visitors ,reenactors, workers, dog walkers, walkers and maybe a new deer part. I 'm sure that there are similar place across Europe and parts of Asia and Africa.