Sign in to follow this  
oo7

How well do these parts fit together?

I do not have the Medusa hair, so I can't show you what it looks like with the medium-short beard.
I do, however, have both the winged eagle head helmet (A.K.A. the Flying Warrior helmet) and the rounded end beard (A.K.A. the Gandalf beard). Together, they look like this: 

Please don't fave . . . (A.K.A. Beards + Helms . . .)

As you can see, the helmet does not attach properly, and just sits on top of the beard. Surprisingly enough, the reason that it doesn't fully connect is due to the edges of the visible beard itself, not because of the loop through which the beard connects to the neck peg, as I initially suspected. As you suggested, I tried the helmet with the fancy beard (A.K.A. the Sensei Wu beard) and as you can see below, it works fine!

Once again, please do not fave, thank you.

I can not speak for the long, knotted beard (A.K.A. the Vitruvius beard), because mine is not handy, but based on the pictures available via Bricklink, and as seen here, I think that it will work fine.

I also tried the winged eagle head helmet with the moustache, the bandanna, and the short beard (A.K.A. the unkempt, and nigh CMF exclusive beard [:tongue:] ) all of which have the exact same connection method as the other beards, albeit with slightly different molds. While the moustache and the bandanna work fine*, while the other beard does not. See for yourself:

Please Do Not Fave, Thank You.Please Do Not Fave, Thank You.Please Do Not Fave, Thank You.

Unfortunately, this has led me to think that the helmet will not work with a number of the currently produced Lego beards, as they all seem to be of a similar width, and possess the same edges. :( Hopefully, I'm wrong, and someone on this thread who has the the winged eagle head helmet and some other beard(s) besides Wu's/Vitruvius', can show us pictures that prove otherwise. :D

*Note: The helmet does not connect one hundred percent correctly with the bandanna, due to the bandanna's beard-like edges. However, it does still click onto the head's connection point, and it will stay tight if you don't touch it. I noticed a slight warping of the helmet because of the way that it must stretch to accommodate the edges of the bandanna . If you want to use both accessories, only do so for short periods of time, if at all.

All in all, I hope that this was helpful, and happy building! :)

- The Big Red Cheese

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

Thank you so much for these nice photos! Very helpful.

I hope someone who has the Medusa hair will yet find this thread!

20 hours ago, oo7 said:

The Medusa hair doesn't work at all with the medium short beard, just tested it.

On 5/30/2017 at 1:22 PM, oo7 said:

Happy to help!

7 hours ago, N_Cat said:

The Medusa hair doesn't work at all with the medium short beard, just tested it.

Shucks. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In nicer news, I can now confirm that the winged eagle head helmet (A.K.A. the Flying Warrior helmet) does work with the long, knotted beard (A.K.A. the Vitruvius beard). I dug my Vitruvius figure out of storage while I was looking for another unrelated brick, and figured I'd test the helmet-beard combo while I had both of them out and about. See for yourself: 

You know the drill. ;P

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

22 hours ago, N_Cat said:

That's a pity, but thanks for informing me!

16 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

In nicer news, I can now confirm that the winged eagle head helmet (A.K.A. the Flying Warrior helmet) does work with the long, knotted beard (A.K.A. the Vitruvius beard). I dug my Vitruvius figure out of storage while I was looking for another unrelated brick, and figured I'd test the helmet-beard combo while I had both of them out and about. See for yourself:

That combo looks great. I'll try to get my hands on those pieces eventually. Thanks again!

On 6/1/2017 at 8:25 AM, oo7 said:

That's a pity, but thanks for informing me!

That combo looks great. I'll try to get my hands on those pieces eventually. Thanks again!

No problem at all! Hope it all works out for you in the end. :) Happy building.

- The Big Red Cheese