I'm programming my EV3 vehicle to be operated by an IR beacon remote. I've successfully got the car to be able to move, but I'm stuck on something else. My vehicle has a 4-speed transmission, and a medium motor shifts the gears. I used the remote's topmost button (the one that turns on the green light on the remote) for shifting the gearbox. But when I press it, something goes off. It's really hard to say, but what I know is that the topmost button isn't acting like a normal button. So the motor keeps on moving until the IR sensor realizes the green light is off. I really need help with the program because I just want the topmost button to act like a normal button so I can press it to make the medium motor shift one gear with a one second wait before shifting to the next one. I would love a very helpful response from someone that knows how to program the IR remote and if there is no way to get the topmost button to get the result I want, an alternative would be nice so I can be able to shift gears with the push of a button on the remote.

The top button is a toggler. Basically, it remains on even after you release the button. Pressing any button (not just the top one again) will turn it off. I'd advise you to use a different button.

I made pretty complex program for remote control of my CLEV3R CAR and I use different channels for driving and increasing speed (power). So I have steering and acceleration on channel 1 and speed control on channel 2. You can download my program and check it here:

http://buildinst.sweb.cz/31313en.html