On 8/22/2017 at 3:18 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

It just seems silly not having Marvel's first family.

It's as silly as it is cheap, my friend. Marvel's saving a ton in merch revenue by not including them or the mutants. 

Of the recent reveals I'm most pleased by Man-Thing and Surtur. Both will be very fun characters to play. Adam Warlock is a great addition and I'm pleasantly surprised by the inclusions of Darkhawk and Quake. The Surtur level is looking good, definitely digging the new boss battle system that actually requires some degree of skill instead of "do the thing 3 times" like a Nintendo boss battle. Instead you have to pay attention to the boss and use a combination of ranged and melee moves to chip away at his health. Seeing those flame-headed skeletons again makes me all the more impatient for a Ghost Rider(s) reveal, come on TT I know at least a couple have to be in the game! At the very least the official LEGO version(and his bike) and the 1million BC Mammoth-riding one, preferably also including Ghost Rider 2099, Phantom Rider, and Robbie Reyes(with his car). We didn't get as many character reveals as I was hoping for with Gamescom but we got a bit more gameplay footage at least. It looks like we'll have to wait for NYCC before we get another wave of reveals.

Forgot about this page, i can't wait for the game though! I remember i used to post any minifigure picture released on the first marvel superheroes video game on its page. Good times there...

Well, here's silk!

latest?cb=20170901164748

and Vormund!

DIGHeUmXcAAkWJz.jpg

Tactical force iron man

LEGO Tactical Force

Spider Ham!

LEGO Spider-Ham

I also have some news for you guys! Here's a list of characters who are coming:

• Wonder man
  • Quake
  • Moon Knight
  • Leader
  • Kingpin
  • Killmonger
  • Kid colt
  • iron man (old west)
  • Tony stark (old west)
  • Green Goblin 2099
  • Darkhawk
  • Captain Avalon
  • Captain America (Roberta Mendez)
  • Bowman
  • Black Knight (Dane whitman)
  • Black Knight (Nathan Garret)
  • Black Knight (Sir Percy)

Edited by Amazing Bricks

On 29/08/2017 at 1:29 AM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

It's as silly as it is cheap, my friend. Marvel's saving a ton in merch revenue by not including them or the mutants. 

I don't see why they'd be saving money. The terrible 2015 reboot is not enough to kill the interest others have in these characters.

17 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Forgot about this page, i can't wait for the game though! I remember i used to post any minifigure picture released on the first marvel superheroes video game on its page. Good times there...

Well, here's silk!

latest?cb=20170901164748

and Vormund!

DIGHeUmXcAAkWJz.jpg

Tactical force iron man

LEGO Tactical Force

Spider Ham!

LEGO Spider-Ham

I also have some news for you guys! Here's a list of characters who are coming:

• Wonder man
  • Quake
  • Moon Knight
  • Leader
  • Kingpin
  • Killmonger
  • Kid colt
  • iron man (old west)
  • Tony stark (old west)
  • Green Goblin 2099
  • Darkhawk
  • Captain Avalon
  • Captain America (Roberta Mendez)
  • Bowman
  • Black Knight (Dane whitman)
  • Black Knight (Nathan Garret)
  • Black Knight (Sir Percy)

I'm glad to see at least one Agents of SHIELD character included. I hope we see some others alongside Quake.

14 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I don't see why they'd be saving money. The terrible 2015 reboot is not enough to kill the interest others have in these characters.

I'm glad to see at least one Agents of SHIELD character included. I hope we see some others alongside Quake.

It's not about popularity, it's about licensing rights. Unlike Sony, Fox also bought a chunk of the merch rights for the X-Men and Fantastic Four, which means that if they put those guys in this game, they have to send a check to Fox. By excluding them, they get to keep all the revenue, and the rest of the Marvel Universe is big and beloved enough to sell the game without mutants or Baxter Building residents.

23 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

It's not about popularity, it's about licensing rights. Unlike Sony, Fox also bought a chunk of the merch rights for the X-Men and Fantastic Four, which means that if they put those guys in this game, they have to send a check to Fox. By excluding them, they get to keep all the revenue, and the rest of the Marvel Universe is big and beloved enough to sell the game without mutants or Baxter Building residents.

They managed to include the Fantastic Four in the first game though, so it can't be a merchandise rights issue.

9 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

They managed to include the Fantastic Four in the first game though, so it can't be a merchandise rights issue.

I can't say for certain what it was that convinced them to use those guys in the first game, but there's literally only the one reason to exclude them from the game, and it's merch rights. I'd be willing to bet that, since the first game came out around the time X-Men sets were happening, that Lego was under the impression that they needed them to sell the Marvel brand, or at least to sell that one set, so if you're gonna do one, there's no real downside to going all-in. Since then, X-Men sets haven't sold as well and they've proven that they don't need Fox's characters to make obscene amounts of cash. Just a theory, though.

I think it is all about doing business as well. They made agreements and licenses for that first game, but all those things have to be made all over with this new game. Maybe they did try, but Fox wanted to see more money as that is the usual thing with follow up stuff. People tend to forget that money makes the world go round. 

So if the x-men or the ff appear i'm glad, but i won't expect them to appear. 

I'm rather disappointed that we didn't get a single new character reveal at EGX. :sceptic: Really the only new thing was seeing some of the in-game cutscenes and hearing the voice acting. I must say I'm impressed by the voice work, although many returning characters got new voices, they sound great. Hopefully we'll get a slew of new character reveals at New York Comic Con in a couple weeks. I really think they will reveal the Avengers 10 million BC as playable to tie into the Marvel Legacy launch and you know Marvel is really going to push them as they are apparently going to be very important going forward, plus those ancient characters fit perfectly into the whole thing they're going for with cross-era heroes. At this point, I'd be happy with any version of Ghost Rider getting confirmed.

On 25/09/2017 at 7:20 AM, ToaDraco said:

I'm rather disappointed that we didn't get a single new character reveal at EGX. :sceptic: Really the only new thing was seeing some of the in-game cutscenes and hearing the voice acting. I must say I'm impressed by the voice work, although many returning characters got new voices, they sound great. Hopefully we'll get a slew of new character reveals at New York Comic Con in a couple weeks. I really think they will reveal the Avengers 10 million BC as playable to tie into the Marvel Legacy launch and you know Marvel is really going to push them as they are apparently going to be very important going forward, plus those ancient characters fit perfectly into the whole thing they're going for with cross-era heroes. At this point, I'd be happy with any version of Ghost Rider getting confirmed.

I'd love to play as the MCU Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider. One of my favourite parts of Agents of SHIELD Season 4 was the Ghost Rider arc.

Screenshot_20171006-191807.png?resize=10Screenshot_20171006-191818.png?resize=10Screenshot_20171006-191721.png?resize=10

• Grand Master
  • Valkyrie
  • Arizona Annie
  • Koi Boy
  • Chipmunk Hunk
  • Luke Cage 70s 
  • Luke Cage Noir
  • Misty Knight
  • Dormammu
  • Phantom Rider
  • Red Wolf 
  • Living Totm
  • Ursa Major
  • Super Adaptoid
  • Hobgoblin
  • Charle 27
  • Hulk 2099
  • Lady Spider
  • Hell Cow

All now confirmed.

2 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Screenshot_20171006-191807.png?resize=10Screenshot_20171006-191818.png?resize=10Screenshot_20171006-191721.png?resize=10

• Grand Master
  • Valkyrie
  • Arizona Annie
  • Koi Boy
  • Chipmunk Hunk
  • Luke Cage 70s 
  • Luke Cage Noir
  • Misty Knight
  • Dormammu
  • Phantom Rider
  • Red Wolf 
  • Living Totm
  • Ursa Major
  • Super Adaptoid
  • Hobgoblin
  • Charle 27
  • Hulk 2099
  • Lady Spider
  • Hell Cow

All now confirmed.

This makes me so incredibly happy! Ghost Rider, Phantom Rider and Blade were all but garanteed but Morbius was a pleasant surprise! I can't wait for this game, so many great characters and the dlc lineup sounds pretty great.

Very interesting to see The Champions character pack in the DLC, surely means we will get one member of the X-Men in the form of Young Cyclops as he core member of the champions team.

17 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

This makes me so incredibly happy! Ghost Rider, Phantom Rider and Blade were all but garanteed but Morbius was a pleasant surprise! I can't wait for this game, so many great characters and the dlc lineup sounds pretty great.

It just needs a certain dysfunctional family of superheroes. 

Man that character creator is mind blowing, they really went above and beyond this time. In regards to the Champions dlc, since half of the current team is already confirmed for the game, it makes me wonder if we might be getting the original lineup instead or a combination of old and new. Given that there are X-Men in both lineups, that might be one way they fill out the pack without being able to use the X-Men.

On 6-10-2017 at 9:53 PM, AndrewCole14 said:

ooUQFVH.png

So you have to buy the game first, and then need to buy a lot of extra dlc? It’s a normal thing in the world of gaming i believe, i just think it’s lame. 

Cloak and Dagger level could be cool. But aren’t they in fact mutants? They survived those bad drugs silvermane gave them because they were mutants, right? Is this a possibility for more mutants?

also the Wasp and Antman level sounds like it could be the most fun level, where everything is huge. 

And the old skool guardians character pack sounds nice too. I already love that Hondu we saw earlier. 

On 6-10-2017 at 10:32 PM, AndrewCole14 said:

• Grand Master
  • Valkyrie
  • Arizona Annie
  • Koi Boy
  • Chipmunk Hunk
  • Luke Cage 70s 
  • Luke Cage Noir
  • Misty Knight
  • Dormammu
  • Phantom Rider
  • Red Wolf 
  • Living Totm
  • Ursa Major
  • Super Adaptoid
  • Hobgoblin
  • Charle 27
  • Hulk 2099
  • Lady Spider
  • Hell Cow

All now confirmed.

Oooh i love that Morbius. Nice to see Ghostrider is in it as well. Some of these names are pretty obscure to me, so i’ll google chipmunk hunk and koi boi in a minute :-)

edit: well koi boi and chipmunk hunk seem pretty boring. Just two regular dudes that hang out with Squirrel girl. I’d rather see some other figs taking up their slots, but there will be, most likely, a few people who love them. 

I just hoped koi boi was a cowboy koi carp

Edited by Borex
Went to google

On 07/10/2017 at 5:58 PM, ToaDraco said:

Man that character creator is mind blowing, they really went above and beyond this time. In regards to the Champions dlc, since half of the current team is already confirmed for the game, it makes me wonder if we might be getting the original lineup instead or a combination of old and new. Given that there are X-Men in both lineups, that might be one way they fill out the pack without being able to use the X-Men.

Yeah, the character creator looks amazing. I can't wait to create Agent Coulson with Spider-Man's powers. Or even better: give him Captain America's SHIELD.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523