Recommended Posts

As much as I adore the fact that we're getting Champions DLC, I'm a little concerned as to how small that pack will be. We know that Ms. Marvel will be in the main game, as will Miles Morales and I think Nova?? So that leaves Viv Vision, Amadeus Cho, Cyclops, and maybe Red Locust? That's only 4, maybe 5 characters. 

I'm really interested to see what characters they find to include in the Cloak and Dagger pack, because I assume that'll be predominately based on the tv show, which only seems to have the two super-folks.

The Runaways level will be awfully interesting, too, with as dark as that stuff is.

As a die-hard Squirrel Girl fan, I am SO excited to see Chipmunk Hunk and Koi Boy make their first multimedia appearance! That takes this game from a want to a need for me (which is saying a lot, because I don't own a single console that this will run on! :grin:)

Also: I caught a glimpse of the new character creator, and they went above and beyond this time! Neck accessories are a thing again, and presumably capes, and you can even pick different left and right arms and legs! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Borex said:

Question: why do you all love the character creator so much? 

This character creator in particular, or the concept within Lego games in general? If it's the former: because they're actually allowing a decent level of customization this time rather than just getting half of the most useless parts. If it's the latter: because Lego has a tendency to overlook lots of great characters and this gives us the opportunity to put them in ourselves, plus building and customizing your own experience is kinda the core of the Lego brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

This character creator in particular, or the concept within Lego games in general? If it's the former: because they're actually allowing a decent level of customization this time rather than just getting half of the most useless parts. If it's the latter: because Lego has a tendency to overlook lots of great characters and this gives us the opportunity to put them in ourselves, plus building and customizing your own experience is kinda the core of the Lego brand.

:-)

thanks for explaining!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Arthur Parsons has tweeted out that the deluxe edition (UK)is available at Argos ! 

 

Heres the the kicker though the uk doesn't get the mini figure included ???

 

So if you want it you'll have to get the mini fig pack and buy the season pass separate not sure how much it'll be 

nice screw job on the UK again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2017 at 2:01 AM, Monkey Joe said:

Squirrel Girl, Koi Boy, and Chipmunk Hunk!!! Yes!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The era of Squirrel Girl is upon us, blessed are the true believers ? #EatNutsKickButts2018

I can't remember if this was a known thing or not, but the character customizer also seems to let you change the colors of certain parts, i.e. Hawkeye's cowl! Ahh!! <33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that there has been little activity here for awhile. There has been a lot of new stuff come up about the game, the entire roster for the game has been released(not including dlc characters of course) and multiple people are playing through the game on youtube having received advanced copies. One of which actually showed off how to unlock Ghost Rider and Phantom Rider with a couple side missions in the hub world and it looks like we'll be able to unlock them pretty quickly after getting access to the whole of Chronopolis. I love that every single character has some voice acting and I've noticed that the character you are playing as will say stuff in response to completing quests and receiving gold bricks and stuff. Ghost Rider's VO sounds great and I absolutely love Phantom Rider's VO. Making him sound just like Sam Eliot is fantastic! Ghost Rider's attacks and abilities look amazing and I love the sparking effect on his flaming skull. His bike also looks great and it sounds just like his bike from the first game. My only real gripes with it is that it seems pretty slow, slower than the first game at least and it has a wide turn radius. I'm pretty happy that we can have 3 characters at a time now instead of 2 like previous games which makes it more fun to travel around with a couple of your favorite characters and not have to pull up the roster as much. So far the first 3 levels have been completely shown off on youtube as well as a lot of Chronopolis free roam. The game really looks it it blows the first completely out of the water. The only thing I think holding it back is the lack of X-Men and F4 characters but I don't fault TT Games for that, that's Marvel's doing. I'm so glad they've left last gen consoles behind, it's clear they've had far more freedom to evolve gameplay and improve visuals.

Edit: I've rewatched Shirrako's video several times and right around 13:06 on the video, Ghost Rider's chain attack animations look really familiar but I can't quite place what character and from what game they're from. I'm pretty sure he's borrowing someone else's attack set though, if anyone recognizes it please let me know.

Edited by ToaDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As many tries in as I am to the race from the top of the blimp, it’d be nice if “double wide race rings” was a red (ok, pink) brick unlock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a website (instead of seeing the figs on youtube) where you can take a good look at the figures?

and is the game already out yet? Is it any fun? I still need to buy a new console. I have the wii u but it doesnt come for that console. I’m not really sold on the switch (although that new mario oddissey looks really good and tempting), but i’m also not a ps4 type (i don’t care for firstpersonshooters and soccergames) so it stings a little i can’t play this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Borex said:

Is there a website (instead of seeing the figs on youtube) where you can take a good look at the figures?

and is the game already out yet? Is it any fun? I still need to buy a new console. I have the wii u but it doesnt come for that console. I’m not really sold on the switch (although that new mario oddissey looks really good and tempting), but i’m also not a ps4 type (i don’t care for firstpersonshooters and soccergames) so it stings a little i can’t play this game. 

It's been out since the second week of October... fps and soccer games? you're thinking of Xbox, PS4's claim to fame is third person single player games like Bloodborne, Uncharted, God of War, Ratchet and Clank and the like. The game is great, there's substantially more content than previous games and the story is solid and the character roster is huge. You can find the entire roster with images on the Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 wiki page on Brickipedia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the Giant-Man minifigure only a preorder bonus, or does he come with all Deluxe versions of the game? Not necessarily just the preorder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

It's been out since the second week of October... fps and soccer games? you're thinking of Xbox, PS4's claim to fame is third person single player games like Bloodborne, Uncharted, God of War, Ratchet and Clank and the like. The game is great, there's substantially more content than previous games and the story is solid and the character roster is huge. You can find the entire roster with images on the Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 wiki page on Brickipedia.

There will come a time in my life that i’ll play this game :-)

thanks for the link btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I for one think it’s time to bug the Tt Games team to bug Disney for permission to patch in FF and X-Men characters - everyone who was in LEGO Marvel 1 plus Rogue and Nightcrawler should suffice.

But seriously though, time to tweet at Arthur Parsons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

Well I for one think it’s time to bug the Tt Games team to bug Disney for permission to patch in FF and X-Men characters - everyone who was in LEGO Marvel 1 plus Rogue and Nightcrawler should suffice.

But seriously though, time to tweet at Arthur Parsons. 

At least a DLC pack, like Spider-man for Avengers. But yes, it's about time they get the recognition they deserve. Some ancillary F4 characters like Mole Man or Impossible Man would also be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It probably won't happen for this game. Hopefully we'll get a new game eventually where everyone is included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BrickHat said:

It probably won't happen for this game. Hopefully we'll get a new game eventually where everyone is included.

It HAS to happen for this game, otherwise the LEGO Marvel games will lose a lot of fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.