An official teaser has been released for Lego marvel superheroes 2! A full-length trailer will release next week on the 23rd of May.

It’s about time. Join your favorite Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities as they go head-to-head with the time-traveling Kang the Conqueror in the all-new, original adventure, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. Play as the Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Carnage, Green Goblin, and dozens of other Marvel Super Heroes and Villains in this cosmic battle across the time-tossed city of Chronopolis. Travel across lands from Ancient Egypt to The Old West, Planet Hulk, and New York City in 2099 and transport objects or characters through the centuries. With new battle modes, friends and family can play against each other in a series of themed challenges and battle arenas.

Edited by larsy
Typo

There is a photo out there of a banner for the game it has rocket, baby groot, black panther, captain marvel, doctor strange, spider Gwen, a unknown spider who's name I don't know, gladiator hulk, and finally western captain America 

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is a photo out there of a banner for the game it has rocket, baby groot, black panther, captain marvel, doctor strange, spider Gwen, a unknown spider who's name I don't know, gladiator hulk, and finally western captain America 

That looks like Spider-man 2099

lmsh_keyart_1494617075.jpg?quality=80&st

Press release says out 14th November for PS4, Xbox one and PC with Switch near the holidays 

guess this also adds another nail to the dimensions coffin but that's another thread ! 

LEGO, please, please PLEASE let the X-Men, FF, and Deadpool be in this game! I know, it's Marvel 2, not Avengers 2, but since no FOX-owned characters are showing up yet, I'm a little suspicious. 

Also, who's that in the background behind Strange and Carol? Kang? Thanos?

7 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Also, who's that in the background behind Strange and Carol? Kang? Thanos?

Looks more like Kang than Thanos to me, though I'm sure we'll see the latter in the game. I forgot which franchise we were dealing with and thought it was Brainiac at first :laugh:

I'm very excited for this! A little surprising since it seems like Avengers was relatively recent (even though that's already over a year old).

Just now, K-Nut said:

Looks more like Kang than Thanos to me, though I'm sure we'll see the latter in the game. I forgot which franchise we were dealing with and thought it was Brainiac at first :laugh:

I'm very excited for this! A little surprising since it seems like Avengers was relatively recent (even though that's already over a year old).

I was kind of thinking Kang myself, actually; a time-travelling villain would be the best way to introduce characters from the far future and past.

I'm hoping Groot will be able to grow like Ant-Man in the Avengers game. As a fan of the first one (I never got Avengers because I'm not a fan of tie-ins or archive audio as well as the bizarre omissions in the base roster) I'm looking forward to this.

so we're going from the two TT games that've shaken up the lego game formula the most to two that'll go back to the same old same old

great

Fantastic news. I am pleasantly surprised by this as I totally didn't expect a LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 - I expected the move to LEGO Avengers meant that any LEGO Marvel games would now fucs on the films. In this case I'm happy to be wrong. Hope the Fantastic Four will be in the game.

Lego Marvel Superheroes was my first Lego game, and I LOVED it. It turns out many other people did too. This was pretty much the last Lego game I expected to see.

It seems like this was the game being teased on Instagram and Twitter, and will probably be shown more at E3.

Judging by how Green Goblin is attacking Groot, it looks like this will be an entirely original story once more, and not some sort of Infinity War game. I don't know if circumstances have changed in the past years, but Deadpool, the X-Men, and the Fantastic Four were in the last game, since this isn't based off films and whatnot like Avengers, could they reappear in this game once more?

Edited by gamejutzu

57 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Lego Marvel Superheroes was my first Lego game, and I LOVED it. It turns out many other people did too. This was pretty much the last Lego game I expected to see.

It seems like this was the game being teased on Instagram and Twitter, and will probably be shown more at E3.

Judging by how Green Goblin is attacking Groot, it looks like this will be an entirely original story once more, and not some sort of Infinity War game. I don't know if circumstances have changed in the past years, but Deadpool, the X-Men, and the Fantastic Four were in the last game, since this isn't based off films and whatnot like Avengers, could they reappear in this game once more?

I hope so. I really want to see the Fantastic Four return. It would be funny if could even cheekily include a black Johnny Storm without getting into rights issues. 

It’s about time. Join your favorite Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities as they go head-to-head with the time-traveling Kang the Conqueror in the all-new, original adventure, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. Play as the Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Carnage, Green Goblin, and dozens of other Marvel Super Heroes and Villains in this cosmic battle across the time-tossed city of Chronopolis. Travel across lands from Ancient Egypt to The Old West, Planet Hulk, and New York City in 2099 and transport objects or characters through the centuries. With new battle modes, friends and family can play against each other in a series of themed challenges and battle arenas.

From thebrickfan

Battle arenas!!!

Also, noticing a lack of iron man in that list, why do i have the scared feeling that it's actually iron heart in this game instead....

Edited by legosamsonite

Ancient Egypt...Could Apocalypse be in it too, perhaps? 

Also, I really hope Ultron is back as a playable character. He had so many different abilities in the last one and I really wanted a comic version of him to be playable..

44 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Battle arenas!!!

Also, noticing a lack of iron man in that list, why do i have the scared feeling that it's actually iron heart in this game instead....

I doubt the Tony Stark version of Iron Man wouldn't be included. I wouldn't be shocked to see Iron Heart there too though.

This could be good! I really loved the first one, never bought the avengers one, and will buy this new one again. Looks like a fun game. Is it also going to be on Wii U?

29 minutes ago, Borex said:

This could be good! I really loved the first one, never bought the avengers one, and will buy this new one again. Looks like a fun game. Is it also going to be on Wii U?

Nope just PS4, PC, XBOX One and then Switch sometime. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a PS4 now..... You know that a PS3 is outdated when LEGO stops making games for it. 

5 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Nope just PS4, PC, XBOX One and then Switch sometime.

:pir-cry_sad::pir-cry_sad: The Wii U is from 2012, that isn't even 2007 like the PS3.

2 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Hopefully it'll be both, like Jane Foster Thor in Avengers.

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Notable lack of Fox characters on that list. :cry_sad:

Notable lack of Captain Americas as well, but one's on the poster. Let's keep our hopes up :classic:

Just now, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Hopefully it'll be both, like Jane Foster Thor in Avengers.

Notable lack of Captain Americas as well, but one's on the poster. Let's keep our hopes up :classic:

Ehhh, I'm not holding my breath. If I recall correctly, they didn't hold back Fox characters from being mentioned. Either way I think we should have a pretty good idea when we watch the full trailer.