On 7/20/2017 at 10:06 PM, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

And STILL NO MUTANTS.

We have to face the reality that we are not getting any X-Men or F4 characters, it sucks but that's the truth. If I'm wrong, it'll be a pleasant surprise, if I'm not then tempering expectations will help avoid disappointment. While I don't see any reason to have more than one Howard the Duck, the Iron Duck looks neat and that Carnem is really cool, ntm it pretty much tells us what bigfig Venom will look like and he looks so much better than than in the first game. Plus, it's confirmed he can web swing, so bigfigs can do that now which is cool. 

We're supposed to be getting a new trailer and a whopping 10 character reveals on Saturday, fingers crossed one of them is Ghost Rider and hopefully half of them won't just be variants of characters we already know will be in the game. 

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

We have to face the reality that we are not getting any X-Men or F4 characters

We just need to make our voices heard to Marvel that we want these characters in their merchandise and we want them now, so Marvel: stop messing about!

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

On 7/20/2017 at 11:06 PM, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-2-1-600x338.jpg

LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-2-2-600x338.jpg

LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-2-3-600x338.jpg

And STILL NO MUTANTS.

Exactly. It's bad enough Fox has the rights to make those half-assed X-Men movies. Now the characters are being faded out of games, too? Thanks, Marvel. 

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-super-heroes-2-meet-the-talent-behind-the-video-game-panel-recap/

Saw this recap article of the SDCC panel on The Brick Fan this morning, and this rendition of Cosmo with a Classic Space logo was pretty cool I thought. :grin:

35927197682_376e7162f4_z.jpg

Yup, some interesting reveals, they are really digging deep. I'm not a huge fan of the MCU Vulture's wings but I understand why they didn't use the huge brick built ones. Chronopolis is really coming along and feels so alive. The medieval England zone looks fantastic, heck part of that castle looks like it could easily fit into a Dark Souls game. NY 2099 looks amazing, I'll be spending a lot of time there, same with Hydra Empire. I really like that the vehicle spawning is essentially the same as LEGO Worlds. Any vehicle anytime anywhere and with the added bonus of seeing it built right in front of you. If Ghost Rider and his bike are in, I'll have that build memorized forward and backward. :tongue:

In a gameplay video I watched, the developer said that Gwenpool breaks the fourth wall the most in the game. The way they said it gave this sort of exclusivity to Gwenpool.

Anyways, I heavily doubt that deadpool will show up in the game once again because of that. Because apparently Gwenpool is a decent compromise. I mean, at least it isn't Nebula wearing Deadpool's model like in Lego Marvel Avengers...

Edited by gamejutzu

10 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Because apparently Gwenpool is a decent compromise. I mean, at least it isn't Nebula wearing Deadpool's model like in Lego Marvel Avengers...

I still don't get it at all. It's like if the Supergirl TV show made no mention of Superman, in a work dedicated to a derivative of Superman.

1 hour ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I still don't get it at all. It's like if the Supergirl TV show made no mention of Superman, in a work dedicated to a derivative of Superman.

The current one? Superman has made several guest appearances even in the first season. I'm assuming you were talking about how he never appeared in the pilot but anyway...new trailer.

2 hours ago, Minecraft Architect said:

The current one? Superman has made several guest appearances even in the first season. I'm assuming you were talking about how he never appeared in the pilot but anyway...new trailer.

Wow a lot of good stuff there. We get a good look at She-Hulk, Black Panther and Wasp with brief appearances by Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Nick Fury, Man Ape, Goliath, Surtur, a villain in the Hydra Empire (can't tell who it is but Cap, BP and Starlord are about to fight him) and what appears to be Tony Stark in a beanie and winter jacket. We also see someone in a blue jacket and spikey hair a couple times, not sure who that's supposed to be, maybe just a random civi but he looks like Human Torch from behind. There appears to be a level with fiery headed skeleton with black shoulder armor (got me really excited for a minute!)looks like a naked Ghost Rider lol. The video quality on my phone isn't good enough for me to tell who's fighting the skeleton but it looks like a big fig in the Surtur level. Looking good so far!

Edited by ToaDraco

Am I one of the few people who is not enamoured with so many obscure characters? My favourite Lego games so far have been LB3 and the first LMS because they both had a good story with good humour (not as dependant on food or animal jokes as they've been in more recent games) and great rosters which encompassed their entire universes. I didn't buy the Avengers game last year, one of the reasons being that roster was too obscure. While LB3 had such characters such as Condiment King or Polka Dot Man, they didn't really take away from the experience and while goofy they were familiar to me. With Avengers I didn't know at least 30% of the roster (but maybe I'm just not a big enough fan) and a lot of characters I DID know (Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Kang, Klaw, Zemo, Spider-Man etc.) were all DLC. I hope we don't have a similar issue here where several top tier characters are locked behind DLC and pre-order bonuses but that seems inevitable :sceptic:

Edited by Duncan Young

16 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Am I one of the few people who is not enamoured with so many obscure characters? My favourite Lego games so far have been LB3 and the first LMS because they both had a good story with good humour (not as dependant on food or animal jokes as they've been in more recent games) and great rosters which encompassed their entire universes. I didn't buy the Avengers game last year, one of the reasons being that roster was too obscure. While LB3 had such characters such as Condiment King or Polka Dot Man, they didn't really take away from the experience and while goofy they were familiar to me. With Avengers I didn't know at least 30% of the roster (but maybe I'm just not a big enough fan) and a lot of characters I DID know (Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Kang, Klaw, Zemo, Spider-Man etc.) were all DLC. I hope we don't have a similar issue here where several top tier characters are locked behind DLC and pre-order bonuses but that seems inevitable :sceptic:

Yeah i hate the dlc too. It is just content to earn extra cash and they almost always consists of superheroes/villains we really like (of course). And on the wii u you couldnt download them anyways, which sucked bigtime.

But the figs i saw in the trailers and stuff aren't obscure characters imo. 

The trailer look so promising and i love it to see she-hulk in a bigger role than just a character you can choose in a free roam world  

Edit: i saw some gameplay....obscure characters galore. Forbushman, Throg, that Troll, Howard the Duck as Iron Man. Ah well. 

Edited by Borex
Saw some gameplay

On 7/24/2017 at 11:06 AM, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Gwenpool is only related to Deadpool in her real-world origin. In the comics, she comes from our universe and is therefore fully aware she's in a comic (and doesn't even read Deadpool, for that matter). She's not even derivative of Gwen Stacy. 

It's interesting to me that Cosmo's model bears a striking resemblance to the upcoming Krypto figure. Think this is a sign of things to come or that they just got to see all the new parts early?

From the trailer it looks like we'll be getting an improved version of the team-up moves from Avengers, which should be pretty great! I loved that idea, but it seemed too limited before. This looks a lot better.

I also really hope we get a physical version of that Wasp! Great minifig right there!

im guessing they havent released what free minifigure will come with the pre order?

lot a games coming out in november.. gonna be a expensive month

2 hours ago, terryfay1983 said:

im guessing they havent released what free minifigure will come with the pre order?

lot a games coming out in november.. gonna be a expensive month

It's Goliath/Giant Man

7 hours ago, legozebra said:

It's Goliath/Giant Man

ah yeah cheers for that, not what i was hoping for..but its another to add to the collection i guess

I'm not gonna lie. A time/reality warped sandbox and wide range of alternate and unexpected characters should be my biggest draw, but I'm just pumped that they're finally getting around to fixing the custom minifigure options. It's long overdue.

3 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

But where's the Fantastic Four?

Fantastic Four will probably not be in the game, since Disney owns Marvel, and Fox is being too stubborn to give Fantasic Four rights back to them

1 hour ago, Savage Oppress said:

Fantastic Four will probably not be in the game, since Disney owns Marvel, and Fox is being too stubborn to give Fantasic Four rights back to them

They should be. Disney-Marvel have the rights to use the Fantastic Four in anything that isn't a film. 

LEGO should have delivered Disney an ultimatum - "We will only make the game if you will let us use the Fantastic Four".

Just now, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

They should be. Disney-Marvel have the rights to use the Fantastic Four in anything that isn't a film. 

LEGO should have delivered Disney an ultimatum - "We will only make the game if you will let us use the Fantastic Four".

Why would Lego not make money because of 4 playable characters (whose abilities would not even be that unique when compared to the other characters in the roster)? They'd be foolish to refuse to make LM2 (surely one of the most requested Lego games) over the Fantastic Four. I get you're disappointed but it's ridiculous to say they should've not made the game :wacko:

Just now, Duncan Young said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Why would Lego not make money because of 4 playable characters (whose abilities would not even be that unique when compared to the other characters in the roster)? They'd be foolish to refuse to make LM2 (surely one of the most requested Lego games) over the Fantastic Four. I get you're disappointed but it's ridiculous to say they should've not made the game :wacko:

It just seems silly not having Marvel's first family.