5 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I'm guessing next to Black Widow are probably the Black Knights. And I'm pretty sure far right is Medusa.

:blush: Ah of course it's Medusa! The picture I saw was pretty blurry and the face print threw me off as it looked like a venom head. MODOK and Miles Morales are 2 more I forgot to mention and I guess the two characters next to Black Widow are Black Knights.

13 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

So they STILL don't mention whether the Fantastic Four are playable. Got a bad feeling about their playability...

I'm admittedly getting a little nervous about the X-Men and FF myself but to be fair, they didn't really show much, roughly 10 characters were playable at the demo out of several hundred, we only saw brief glimpses of only a few sections of Chronopolis and a preview of the first level and one battle arena, all of which heavily focused on the Guardians and Spider-verse. Let's give it some time and let the steady stream of character reveals occur, hopefully We will all be satisfied-- I get my Ghost Rider, you get the FF, and everyone gets some X-Men! 

5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm admittedly getting a little nervous about the X-Men and FF myself but to be fair, they didn't really show much, roughly 10 characters were playable at the demo out of several hundred, we only saw brief glimpses of only a few sections of Chronopolis and a preview of the first level and one battle arena, all of which heavily focused on the Guardians and Spider-verse. Let's give it some time and let the steady stream of character reveals occur, hopefully We will all be satisfied-- I get my Ghost Rider, you get the FF, and everyone gets some X-Men! 

True, but I don't get why they can't at least just say the Fantastic Four, X Men and Ghost Rider are in the game just to get it out of the way, then show the cool new characters like Lockjaw and Noir Spider-Man. Those two characters are cool, but people weren't crying out for them like they have been for FF/X Men/Ghost Rider.

20 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

So they STILL don't mention whether the Fantastic Four are playable. Got a bad feeling about their playability...

A trustworthy source said that they and the X Men wouldn't be in the game.

49 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

What trustworthy source?

I'm not sure if I should mention him as he is banned but it was CM4Sci.

3 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

True, but I don't get why they can't at least just say the Fantastic Four, X Men and Ghost Rider are in the game just to get it out of the way, then show the cool new characters like Lockjaw and Noir Spider-Man. Those two characters are cool, but people weren't crying out for them like they have been for FF/X Men/Ghost Rider.

Maybe they are marketing the Inhumans more now, because of their upcoming movie (next yearish)? FF and X-Men are of course needed in a game like this, but i can understand if they don't show up. But then again, we know so little about the game right now, maybe we even see the New Mutants, X-Force, Excalibur and all of those other X-Men in the future.

I do hope that most of the characters stay more on the comicside of design than the mcu-side. Plus that next year we can expect some of them as real minifigs.

Now i just need to figure out what kind of console i will be getting, since the Wii U is finished.

7 minutes ago, Borex said:

Maybe they are marketing the Inhumans more now, because of their upcoming movie (next yearish)? FF and X-Men are of course needed in a game like this, but i can understand if they don't show up. But then again, we know so little about the game right now, maybe we even see the New Mutants, X-Force, Excalibur and all of those other X-Men in the future.

I do hope that most of the characters stay more on the comicside of design than the mcu-side. Plus that next year we can expect some of them as real minifigs.

Now i just need to figure out what kind of console i will be getting, since the Wii U is finished.

It's not a movie anymore, it's a TV Show. And it wouldn't take much time to just say 'Fantastic Four are in the game'.

Just now, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

It's not a movie anymore, it's a TV Show. And it wouldn't take much time to just say 'Fantastic Four are in the game'.

Ow i didn't know that.

Anyway, to play as Medusa should be fun (if she's in there of course) (maybe she'll be in a FF costume :-p)

16 minutes ago, jhuyser said:

I'm not sure if I should mention him as he is banned but it was CM4Sci.

I've looked and I can't see anything from CM4Sci anywhere saying no Fantastic Four.

How can there already be leaks when the game is not even half finished?

Edited by Ordinareo

Medusa looks good but I was expecting more form today's showing. They didn't reveal much of anything new, just Medusa and showing that MODOK is pretty much the same.

4 hours ago, jhuyser said:

A trustworthy source said that they and the X Men wouldn't be in the game.

I'm going to take that with a heavy heaping of salt considering the game isn't even finished and I don't know how he could've possibly known that. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't in the game though it would be very disappointing. As long as Ghost Rider is in though I'll be happy, unless they only give us Reyes, then I'll be pretty peeved especially since we have that brilliant Ghost Rider minifig and the awesome bike to go with it. 

I'm sure if the X-Men or Fantastic Four were in the game, we'd've seen the X Mansion or Baxter Building in the map. I'm hoping that even if we don't get the X-Men proper, they'll at least include the young Cyclops from Champions. 

On 6/15/2017 at 5:43 PM, ToaDraco said:

Medusa looks good but I was expecting more form today's showing. They didn't reveal much of anything new, just Medusa and showing that MODOK is pretty much the same.

I'm going to take that with a heavy heaping of salt considering the game isn't even finished and I don't know how he could've possibly known that. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't in the game though it would be very disappointing. As long as Ghost Rider is in though I'll be happy, unless they only give us Reyes, then I'll be pretty peeved especially since we have that brilliant Ghost Rider minifig and the awesome bike to go with it. 

For it to be a character reveal that we knew about since day one (they had the whole character select on screen?? who were they kidding??) I wish we would've seen more of what Medusa could do. I wouldn't worry much about them leaving out Ghost Rider, since they tend to include just about everybody who has a fig out there, though if you're particularly worried, they specifically mentioned that they haven't nailed down a finished roster yet and that if you have any character requests to tweet @LegoMarvelGame, and that they read them all. We've seen that process in action before with Lego Batman 3, and they altered America Chavez in Lego Avengers because of the fan reaction, so I believe them. I've already made my pitch for Red Locust (can you tell how much I love the Champions yet? :grin:)

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm sure if the X-Men or Fantastic Four were in the game, we'd've seen the X Mansion or Baxter Building in the map. I'm hoping that even if we don't get the X-Men proper, they'll at least include the young Cyclops from Champions. 

For it to be a character reveal that we knew about since day one (they had the whole character select on screen?? who were they kidding??) I wish we would've seen more of what Medusa could do. I wouldn't worry much about them leaving out Ghost Rider, since they tend to include just about everybody who has a fig out there, though if you're particularly worried, they specifically mentioned that they haven't nailed down a finished roster yet and that if you have any character requests to tweet @LegoMarvelGame, and that they read them all. We've seen that process in action before with Lego Batman 3, and they altered America Chavez in Lego Avengers because of the fan reaction, so I believe them. I've already made my pitch for Red Locust (can you tell how much I love the Champions yet? :grin:)

You know Chronopolis is not finished yet? We know half of the locations that are gonna be in the game and the green border in the E3 gameplay shows that. The only locations we've seen or heard about are Noir New York, Ancient Egypt, Hydra New York, Avengers Mansion, Knowhere, Attilan, Lumeria, 2099 New York , Wakanda, Wild West, Medival Times, Sanctum Sanctorum and Sakaar. That is 13 of the 20 they said will be in the game.

Edited by Ordinareo

Oh yeah, I tweeted at them to put Ghost Rider and his bike in. I'm sure they will, I'm just being paranoid until there's confirmation.

I don't think we'll be seeing any Fox orientated properties in this game.

The majority of characters that are featured or showed so far are all current/up coming comic and film tie ins.

This is how marvel works everything is an advert or character introducer their cartoons are the same, recently my son has been introduced to the In-Humans

and the spiderman cartoon introduced all the alternative spider verses.

Apparently the red bricks are now pink and theres a theory that this is because gwenpool is replacing Deadpool this would again make sense if there is no Fox connection

3 hours ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

Apparently the red bricks are now pink and theres a theory that this is because gwenpool is replacing Deadpool this would again make sense if there is no Fox connection

Okay, that doesn't make any sense at all. I should think that being a literal copy of a character should count as at least a minor connection to that character's owner.

3 hours ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

The majority of characters that are featured or showed so far are all current/up coming comic and film tie ins.

This is how marvel works everything is an advert or character introducer their cartoons are the same, recently my son has been introduced to the In-Humans

yeah, pretty sure we won't be seeing X-Men, Fantasic Four, and Deadpool in this game since Disney controls Marvel, and a huge influence on Lego lately.

40 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Okay, that doesn't make any sense at all. I should think that being a literal copy of a character should count as at least a minor connection to that character's owner.

Indeed I stand corrected they both have the word pool in their names ?

18 hours ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

The thing is, this was the case when the first game came out and Arthur Parsons said they were given no such restrictions at the time. I don't see any reason to assume they gave them such a mandate now, especially since Marvel has shown some give recently when it comes to properties like the X-Men. In fact, in the past year when Kevin Fiege and others high up in the Marvel food chain were asked about the possibility of a FOX-Marvel deal like the one they have with Sony, they've been more open to the possibility in the future when before their response was a flat out no, never. Given there are several X-Men series currently running, I see no reason why they couldn't include characters featured in ResurrXion. The Gwenpool thing makes sense given the time bending that's happening in the game. I have no love for the character(I still say the whole thing sounds like a bad fan-fic that accidentally made it to print) but if there's a reason they didn't want to include Deadpool in the game(of course there's nothing saying he's not we don't know yet) it would be to avoid association with the movie which is by no means kid friendly. 

Edited by ToaDraco

12 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

The thing is, this was the case when the first game came out and Arthur Parsons said they were given no such restrictions at the time. I don't see any reason to assume they gave them such a mandate now, especially since Marvel has shown some give recently when it comes to properties like the X-Men. In fact, in the past year when Kevin Fiege and others high up in the Marvel food chain were asked about the possibility of a FOX-Marvel deal like the one they have with Sony, they've been more open to the possibility in the future when before their response was a flat out no, never. Given there are several X-Men series currently running, I see no reason why they couldn't include characters featured in ResurrXion. The Gwenpool thing makes sense given the time bending that's happening in the game. I have no love for the character(I still say the whole thing sounds like a bad fan-fic that accidentally made it to print) but if there's a reason they didn't want to include Deadpool in the game(of course there's nothing saying he's not we don't know yet) it would be to avoid association with the movie which is by no means kid friendly. 

...And then Fox will announce a Gwenpool film, and LEGO will have no idea what to do!

On 6/17/2017 at 3:23 AM, Ordinareo said:

You know Chronopolis is not finished yet? We know half of the locations that are gonna be in the game and the green border in the E3 gameplay shows that. The only locations we've seen or heard about are Noir New York, Ancient Egypt, Hydra New York, Avengers Mansion, Knowhere, Attilan, Lumeria, 2099 New York , Wakanda, Wild West, Medival Times, Sanctum Sanctorum and Sakaar. That is 13 of the 20 they said will be in the game.

The X-Mansion and Baxter Building are both in New York City, though, we would've seen those in the flyover of New York (any of them). Besides, it's such a hot-button issue among Marvel fans that they would've wanted to mention it by now. 

On 6/17/2017 at 6:09 AM, Benny benny BENNY said:

They're pink now? That bothers me a bit, if for no other reason than breaking Lego tradition. I'll get over it. I think Gwenpool would be a pretty brilliant way to go with that, and she'll make for some fun dialogue! I kinda hope they go with cowl-down look, since it's so much nicer, but I don't mind either.

21 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Oo, yeah, I forgot that he said that they didn't give them any character restrictions. I still don't see why they wouldn't want to get out in front of that concern if they were in the game, though. They need to clear this issue up, ASAP. 

I'd imagine that Gwenpool would take over Wade's -pooling duties in the game on Marvel's request, whether he's in it or not. Marvel may not be actively working against Fox's characters, but they'd still want to push their new character over Fox's established one. So long as they're still putting Frank "Glorified Serial Killer" Castle in these games, nobody can be ruled out for not being "kid friendly" enough.

The X-Mansion and Baxter Building are both in New York City, though, we would've seen those in the flyover of New York (any of them). Besides, it's such a hot-button issue among Marvel fans that they would've wanted to mention it by now. 

They're pink now? That bothers me a bit, if for no other reason than breaking Lego tradition. I'll get over it. I think Gwenpool would be a pretty brilliant way to go with that, and she'll make for some fun dialogue! I kinda hope they go with cowl-down look, since it's so much nicer, but I don't mind either.

Oo, yeah, I forgot that he said that they didn't give them any character restrictions. I still don't see why they wouldn't want to get out in front of that concern if they were in the game, though. They need to clear this issue up, ASAP. 

I'd imagine that Gwenpool would take over Wade's -pooling duties in the game on Marvel's request, whether he's in it or not. Marvel may not be actively working against Fox's characters, but they'd still want to push their new character over Fox's established one. So long as they're still putting Frank "Glorified Serial Killer" Castle in these games, nobody can be ruled out for not being "kid friendly" enough.

My guess is they are trying to keep most of the game under wraps as it is still in development and a lot of stuff still needs to be finalized, plus if I'm not mistaken there are still a couple more events for them to make big reveals at before the game is released so they are pacing the release of info and they've said they plan on revealing new characters on a steady flow through twitter/facebook. I do hope they confirm either way soon though, I was really hoping someone at E3 would've asked them but nobody did.