57 minutes ago, Borex said:

The Wii U is from 2012, that isn't even 2007 like the PS3.

The hardware wasn't really that good anyways. I essentially see the Wii U as a PS3.5 and not really "up to gen" in 2012. Honestly, the Switch's performance now is what the Wii U's should have been.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I doubt the Tony Stark version of Iron Man wouldn't be included.

That poster for LMSH 2 with all those new characters has Tony Stark's iconic head inside the Iron Man mask. Directly in the top center I believe. I can't see that being Kang like some are saying.

2 hours ago, larsy said:

Carnage

Play as the Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Carnage, Green Goblin, and dozens of other Marvel Super Heroes and Villains in this cosmic battle across the time-tossed city of Chronopolis.

I'm surprised to see Carnage of all characters in a list of iconic heroes and villans. But I like Carnage so :thumbup:

Also, i'm assuming just like how LMSH's levels took place mostly in Manhattan with everyone fighting over cosmic bricks, then diverged later into places off the map, this story will take place mostly in Chronopolis, then shift to places like Egypt and whatnot halfway through the story.

Also Chronopolis is a legitimate place in the Marvel Comics, though a bit obscure. 

chron.jpg

Edited by gamejutzu

I'm a bit bummed to see 3DS isn't on that list, as I've gotten almost every other LEGO game on either that or the original DS. I'm still super excited for this though, and also really glad I bought a PS4 last year! :grin:

2 hours ago, Borex said:

:pir-cry_sad::pir-cry_sad: The Wii U is from 2012, that isn't even 2007 like the PS3.

Nintendo said Zelda was the last game for the Wii U, and thank god too. I liked my Wii U, but they need to start backing the Switch 100%

Arthur Parsons responded to someone's question about Spider-Noir's inclusion on Instagram with a simple smiley face, and that's the only comment of the like to get any sort of response, so Spider-Noir confirmed?

3 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Arthur Parsons responded to someone's question about Spider-Noir's inclusion on Instagram with a simple smiley face, and that's the only comment of the like to get any sort of response, so Spider-Noir confirmed?

Do you mean Spider-man 2099? The one on the image we saw earlier on?

24 minutes ago, Borex said:

Spider-Man Noir and Spider-Man 2099 are two different spider-men.

1 hour ago, Ordinareo said:

Spider-Man Noir and Spider-Man 2099 are two different spider-men.

i know, that's why i asked.

13 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

That poster for LMSH 2 with all those new characters has Tony Stark's iconic head inside the Iron Man mask. Directly in the top center I believe. I can't see that being Kang like some are saying.

That does look like Tony Stark actually. I would be shocked if he wasn't in this.

13 hours ago, larsy said:

http://www.reviewcentralme.com/2017/05/15/lego-marvel-super-heroes-2-officially-announced/

According to this article Chronopolis will be the hubworld and there will be a 4 player competitive battle mode.

Glad they're bringing back battle arenas for a LEGO game outside of Dimensions. Great idea, and a lot of fun.

Spidey 2099 front and center? Now that's how you get my attention! I'm really hoping he's the promo fig for this game...

This is very exciting news and the playable characters shown so far are pretty great. Personally, I just really really hope Ghost Rider is back as playable along with his bike, especially now that he has his own set, I mean characters and vehicles that appear in sets are pretty much guaranteed, right? There might also be a chance we could get a second playable Ghost Rider based on Robbie Reyes from Agents of SHIELD with his car, that'd be pretty sweet too! I don't doubt that the FF and X-Men will be in this one too as they were super popular additions to the first game and that was during the time when Marvel was more blatant about shoving them to the side to hurt FOX, now they've let up on that to some degree and I doubt it'll have much of an impact on this game. Having Kang the Conqueror as the main villain is an excellent choice, one that I would like to see the movies adopt after Thanos has been dealt with. Goliath is likely the pre-order bonus given he was recently leaked with no set to correspond to, which would be disappointing compared to the Iron Patriot and Silver Centurion but a free exclusive figure is a free exclusive figure. 

This is sorta off-topic, but can anyone tell me if it's possible on a PC to play these games in the two-player mode with a joystick extra controller for the second player? I used to play these games alone, but now my wife would like to play along. :classic:

18 hours ago, larsy said:

http://www.reviewcentralme.com/2017/05/15/lego-marvel-super-heroes-2-officially-announced/

According to this article Chronopolis will be the hubworld

No free-roam New York? That's a shame, although I'm sure the game will be awesome regardless.

I wonder if we'll get a set with Spidey 2099, same way we got space-suit Batman in the Green Lantern set.

As awesome as New York was, as long as Chronopolis is huge and bursting with personality, I'm all for the change!

12 hours ago, Borex said:

Yeah, no, they definitely asked about Spider-Man Noir, and it was on the picture of the box art with 2099 on it. 

5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

This is very exciting news and the playable characters shown so far are pretty great. Personally, I just really really hope Ghost Rider is back as playable along with his bike, especially now that he has his own set, I mean characters and vehicles that appear in sets are pretty much guaranteed, right? There might also be a chance we could get a second playable Ghost Rider based on Robbie Reyes from Agents of SHIELD with his car, that'd be pretty sweet too! I don't doubt that the FF and X-Men will be in this one too as they were super popular additions to the first game and that was during the time when Marvel was more blatant about shoving them to the side to hurt FOX, now they've let up on that to some degree and I doubt it'll have much of an impact on this game. Having Kang the Conqueror as the main villain is an excellent choice, one that I would like to see the movies adopt after Thanos has been dealt with. Goliath is likely the pre-order bonus given he was recently leaked with no set to correspond to, which would be disappointing compared to the Iron Patriot and Silver Centurion but a free exclusive figure is a free exclusive figure. 

I hope we get the entire Agents of SHIELD cast from the start as opposed to paid DLC. That would be great. I'd love to be able to play as Daisy Johnson/Quake again as in LEGO Marvel's Avengers.

1 hour ago, Savage Oppress said:

Thanos is probably the main villain, since the Guardians of the Galaxy are involved. 

In the press release, Kang the Conqueror was confirmed as the big bad for the game, hence the Chronopolis main hub and time travel elements. I'm sure Thanos will be playable if not a side villain.

2 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I hope we get the entire Agents of SHIELD cast from the start as opposed to paid DLC. That would be great. I'd love to be able to play as Daisy Johnson/Quake again as in LEGO Marvel's Avengers.

That would be pretty cool, though I think Ghost Rider, Quake, Yo-yo, AIDA, and Coulson(with his holo-shield please!) would be the only ones that would be interesting, game-play-wise. May would likely be another Black Widow reskin, which is fine too.

On a side note, fingers crossed Ghost Rider(if he's in) is featured in one of the levels. While they certainly wouldn't do Mephisto's realm or anything, it would be really awesome to get a level with Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange and maybe Thor fighting more magical enemies in another dimension or mystical realm. It would make me super happy!

3 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

In the press release, Kang the Conqueror was confirmed as the big bad for the game, hence the Chronopolis main hub and time travel elements. I'm sure Thanos will be playable if not a side villain.

That would be pretty cool, though I think Ghost Rider, Quake, Yo-yo, AIDA, and Coulson(with his holo-shield please!) would be the only ones that would be interesting, game-play-wise. May would likely be another Black Widow reskin, which is fine too.

On a side note, fingers crossed Ghost Rider(if he's in) is featured in one of the levels. While they certainly wouldn't do Mephisto's realm or anything, it would be really awesome to get a level with Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange and maybe Thor fighting more magical enemies in another dimension or mystical realm. It would make me super happy!

I'm willing to bet that Robbie Reyes will be in there, whether it's the Agents of SHIELD version or not. Same goes for Quake and Coulson. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that we'll be seeing more of the recent popular characters from the comics like Robbie, Ms. Marvel, and the Champions (though maybe minus Cyclops, depending on the X-presence). 

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Loki was the "big bad" for LMSH but the real villain by the end of Loki's plans turned out to be someone totally different (though at the same time Loki remained the big villain because he was controlling him with his staff)

Edited by gamejutzu

14 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Loki was the "big bad" for LMSH but the real villain by the end of Loki's plans turned out to be someone totally different (though at the same time Loki remained the big villain because he was controlling him with his staff)

I see what you mean, that's certainly a possibility.

On 17/05/2017 at 2:13 AM, ToaDraco said:

Fitz and Simmons were fun in LEGO Avengers. It's just cool to be have the option to play as those characters.

On 5/16/2017 at 0:02 PM, BrickHat said:

This is sorta off-topic, but can anyone tell me if it's possible on a PC to play these games in the two-player mode with a joystick extra controller for the second player? I used to play these games alone, but now my wife would like to play along. :classic:

What's a "joystick extra controller"? Do you mean just an extra controller? If so, I don't see why the PC version wouldn't support something like that. Maybe try going deeper into the options? Or plug in a USB controller if there's no option to wirelessly connect it?

Edited by gamejutzu