Renegade Clone

[MOC] [Instructions] UCS Zeta-class cargo shuttle

Very impressive! I always wondered why Lego did not release this one as a set but looking at the size I know why. Anything smaller than this would ruin the design.

Finally, I have finished searching my current bricks stock and I already have 2500 of the bricks needed for this build. The remaining 1900 ones I have just ordered from 3 different stores on bricklink.

Construction wil begin soon!

I have ordered about 50% of the parts. So I don't get over excited and spend all my money at once, I have made a rule that I only buy a few orders at a time, and can't order more until those orders are delivered and checked off. Haha I live in Australia, and had a 1000 piece order come from Lithuania, that took a long time. So I'm a bit far behind on parts.

First order (!) has arrived from Italy. Two more orders to receive and I am ready to star building!

I am still picking bricks from my own stash before heading over to BrickLink... *darn responsibilities of life!* :laugh:

I have 66% now. Haha yeah *waves fist at adult responsibilities* I will get there soon enough. I'm doing A LOT of over time this week, which means cash injection, which means more LEGO! 

Finally going to get started on acquiring the parts for this beauty. I love the task of going through my parts and ticking them off. Also love seeing the total cost of the bricklink order shrinking!

I recently finished mine and have to say it looks amazing, but is huge and the only place I have to keep it is on top of a wardrobe... Kudos to Renegade Clone for such a great design.

37300452731_38618976f9_z.jpg

The shuttle is pretty fragile especially in this front area where I have trouble getting the control panel/windscreen to stay attached to the sloping underside.

36590764644_91e0a06a4f_z.jpg[/url] 

I made some interior mods on the lower deck to include the pillar and cargo netting. Tried to figure out a way to put running lights along the walls but ended up with white plates instead, maybe a future project.

37044707800_0594a07da5_z.jpg

Edited by highaltitude

I also finished the model a little while back. One of the most fantastic additions to my collection. I had a couple problems. First is the insane repetitive nature of building the wings (which is not your fault at all and was something I was aware of going in) and the second one is how flimsy the wings can be. Moving it can sometimes be an absolute nightmare. I tried to move mine to a different table to get enough space for the wings to go down and because it's the tiniest bit lopsided, when I put them back up, the left side wings came crashing down. This is probably something that cannot be fixed due to the necessary weight of the wings but you really do gotta place it where you want to. Other than that though it was an amazing experience to build and display and hopefully you do another UCS model at this scale 

To anyone that has finished the build, would you be able to tell me the dimensions and weight of the model? I know a guy that makes stands for Lego kits, like this 

and I want to get him to make me one and I need to know the dimensions and weight first! Cheers 

_20171008_130629.JPG