Renegade Clone

[MOC] [Instructions] UCS Zeta-class cargo shuttle

2 hours ago, Lahh001 said:

Sorry wasn’t completely clear.  I’m looking to use the same piece but in black as opposed to clear.  So I should still be able to lower/raise wings and not impact the look from the exterior.  But looks like you’ve answered my question that it won’t be visible from outside.  Less than 800 pieces to go!

Yes, it doesn't affect anything. Also, almost all the red pieces can be switched out for any other color 

FYI, to those considering building this model, make sure you research USED parts as well as new, I am at 75% NEW parts at a cost of $520AUD (shipping + GST included), now buying USED parts to keep the price below $800AUD, as you require high quantities of many different parts, look at buying as many as available per seller to keep your orders to a minimum, can't wait to get this thing built!

UPDATE: Final build cost $1218.71AUD (including delivery), may have been able to get it under a thousand but for some VERY HIGH American prices for items that cannot be found in Australia, essentially the same cost as the UCS Millennium Falcon.

Edited by jordanewcastle
Updated INFO

I started this build last night.  Instructions area great, build is smooth.  But I noticed this piece was not in my bricklink or rebrickable parts list:

2x:

3069bps1
Tile 1 x 2 with SW Computer Pattern

12 hours ago, WTFett said:

I started this build last night.  Instructions area great, build is smooth.  But I noticed this piece was not in my bricklink or rebrickable parts list:

2x:

3069bps1
Tile 1 x 2 with SW Computer Pattern

Thanks for finding this error! The LDD export never played well with printed parts and I'd forgotten about the three 1x2 tiles in the cargo bay. I've gone and corrected the Rebrickable inventory accordingly. 

Haha! Didn't notice the error too! 

Must have thought that I did not order those parts and found those printed tiles in my loose bricks piles. :laugh:

I think it's just 2 unless I missed another one! :laugh:  But the Ghostbusters Firehouse has 4 in an easy-to-replace location so I stole them from that while I ordered replacements.  The Falcon 75192 has them too in the cockpit to steal from, as do a bunch of other sets.  But these two didn't require a lot of tear down to reach them.

Ok, I finished this thing last night.  I too had some pieces leftover (a handful of 1x1 dbg tiles and some 1x_ plates) but after going back through the instructions I can't see where I missed anything.  The model doesn't look like it's missing anything from the outside anyway.  The finished product is HUGE and looks amazing.  I think the angles and look of the front of the fuselage really make this MOC shine.  The wings weren't too crazy to install with a second set of hands, and it helps to hold them steady while you adjust the worm gears to set them vertically.  I haven't tried lowering them down for flight mode yet.

Kudos to @RenegadeClone for a really cool MOC :thumbup:

where can i get the instroction??? email address doesn‘ t work

A quick ask if anyone is passing through this thread: would you be able to let me know (ideally by PM) roughly what proportion of pieces you had to purchase and what the final cost was? It'd be much appreciated!

Currently, the DBG 1 x 6 x 5 bricks (3754) are unavailable on Bricklink as new. The alternatives are replacing each of these bricks with 5  1 x 6 bricks (3009) or replacing each brick with a 1 x 6 x 5 panel (59349). Both structurally and aesthetically, which option would be the better choice? .

Thanks.

Edited by rockpig

11 hours ago, rockpig said:

Currently, the DBG 1 x 6 x 5 bricks (3754) are unavailable on Bricklink as new. The alternatives are replacing each of these bricks with 5  1 x 6 bricks (3009) or replacing each brick with a 1 x 6 x 5 panel (59349). Both structurally and aesthetically, which option would be the better choice? .

Thanks.

Those parts are for the top of body cover and I chose to replace them with DBG 59349 panels instead. No difference at all. 

I used 1x6 bricks but the panels are probably a better option.  The top cover isn't the sturdiest, I had to reinforce a few areas on the bottom with spare plates I had.

I had a lot of fun building this moc. The instructions are very straight forward and easy to follow. But, this thing is huge and my display space is limited so I’ve decided to put it on eBay. Give me a pm if you might be interested 

I have recently completed this absolute beast which takes pride of place in my collection. I greatly enjoyed the build process and the instructions were incredibly good quality. All in all I think I spent around €250 on parts although that is very ballparky as I gathered the parts over some time, while also getting parts for some other projects. I'm not certain but I believe I only had to buy around 80% of the parts as I was able to gather many parts from my existing collection.

Many thanks to @RenegadeClone for his masterpiece along with the excellent instructions at such a low price!

Edited by Fulinkazan