Renegade Clone

[MOC] [Instructions] UCS Zeta-class cargo shuttle

Your MOC is amazing, I'd like to purchase the instructions from you, how would I go about getting them?

Wow, awesome to see it take shape! Hope you found the build straightforward. 

Your model is actually more optimised than mine is, since I still have substitutions in place. I tore it down last night and set about configuring it to my own instructions. 

I originally had the cockpit Mixel ball-joints higher up. I lowered them to give clearance for the front seats, so you might have to occasionally level out the cockpit sides. 

I found a small optional improvement that can be made to the wings (stage 40). On pages 525 and 631, either: 

• a) slide a 7L technic axle behind the 3L technic pin (blue)
  • b) replace the 3L technic pin with a 10L technic axle

Oh, and take the opportunity now to swoosh it around :laugh: it becomes much harder once the wings are on! 

@Renegade Clone

Yes I did. To be honest it is an absolute joy to build this ship! The instructions are great, the model is super sturdy and everything is really straightforward!

gallery_8754_6681_556735.jpg

Edited by bricksmarlin

Going to be building this soon. I'm getting all the parts before I buy the instructions, I'm going through my own parts first, I think I'm gonna substitute the red skeleton pieces for different colours.

Great model, can't wait to build it

-rogue 

Done!
Have just mounted the wings, and what should I say? Just awesome!
As mentioned before, great model, great instruction, fun to build and no problem at all!
So thank you again to Renegade Clone for this fantastic work!

gallery_8754_6685_55702.jpg

gallery_8754_6685_78547.jpg

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/gallery/album/6685-zeta-class-shuttle/

Edited by bricksmarlin

A quick one-piece change, alerted to me by @bricksmarlin

On page:

• 758 - change the 1x10 plate for a 1x6 plate.
  • 759 - ignore the (x2) 1x2 plates.

That will make the topside panels line up properly, as they were in my original build. The free-sitting panels are intended to make it easier to access the interior without disrupting the wings. 

I just bough the instructions and I am going to build this one! First, sorting out the parts I already have. I will report again later.

Has anyone tried building a detachable container? any difficulties encountered, or any reason why not?

Edited by legocharles

Hey everyone, i just received the instructions and have already ordered 39% of the parts :D will let you know how i get on with the build. 

Have all but 1 order. Last one is taking it's sweet time. Unfortunately, it has a lot of the parts for the beginning of the build so I can't get started just yet

2 hours ago, RogueRecon said:

Have all but 1 order. Last one is taking it's sweet time. Unfortunately, it has a lot of the parts for the beginning of the build so I can't get started just yet

It's always the same *huh* ! Wishing you a lot of fun, it's a great Moc!

On 8/7/2017 at 1:41 AM, bricksmarlin said:

It's always the same *huh* ! Wishing you a lot of fun, it's a great Moc!

I am sooooo hyped! This is actually my first time bricklinking a MOC (Second time bricklinking, first being the UCS Millennium Falcon)

This is my first MOC as well. I have used bricklink for my UCS millennium Falcon, and UCS X-Wing (practice for the Falcon) 

I have all the pieces and I'm still only about halfway to finishing it (some personal things are happening alongside this), and this thing is huge, it's like, around the same length as the 10179 falcon. It's so far been a really fun build. 

This is an excellent model you have created and it really captures the look and feel of the ship from the film. I am definitely interested in purchasing instructions, and I'm hoping I can contact you soon to get them.