Lox Lego

Bugatti Chiron + Rebrickable

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

everyone has their own preference with builds. I hear you keep suggesting not to use beams over flex axles, have more minimalist designs, change this change that. You have a preference, and so do I. I totally love this style of building, and am not one to conform to a set style or follow rules. Rules are made to be broken, and I am here to do my own thing, build what I like when I like, and enjoy the ride. Cosmetics and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some like it & some dislike it. I choose to like, regardless of what is "right" or "technically correct". So thanks for the comments, but a few less comments in regards to how I should build would be appreciated. 

Totally love your build style it's what makes your Designs so different and for me more realistic. As you know I have already made your Lykan and about to build your venom. The use off liftarms over flex axles for me gives each off your cars a unique look and more realistic arches. This is yet another awesome design looking forward to adding this to my collection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

. I hear you keep suggesting not to use beams over flex axles, have more minimalist designs, change this change that. You have a preference, and so do I. I totally love this style of building, and am not one to conform to a set style....... So thanks for the comments, but a few less comments in regards to how I should build would be appreciated. 

Your reply sound not really confident, in contrary it sounds harsh and insulted, so an oversensitive person would react - IMHO jeroen gave you very constructive critics and hints...

IMHO a forum like EB is not only for praising all MOCs into heaven ... 

just my 2ct 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kumbbl said:

Your reply sound not really confident, in contrary it sounds harsh and insulted, so an oversensitive person would react - IMHO jeroen gave you very constructive critics and hints...

IMHO a forum like EB is not only for praising all MOCs into heaven ... 

just my 2ct 

 

I don't believe this is the case at all.  I don't like certain styles used by well regarded builders, I also may not like styles from newer builders as well.  In both cases there is nothing gained from criticizing a style.  Some love it, some don't.  Criticism of build rigidity, accuracy, reliability, etc. should always be shared and hopefully taken to be used to make improvement.

I am a big fan of many builders and have built many different MOC's.  I always try and keep an open mind and an unbiased opinion.

 This is not directed to anyone specific, but I find some members are snobby and alittle unwelcoming of newer members.

All I care about is innovation and improvements.  Sometimes I don't like it, sometimes I love it.  Both are ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been commenting critically on the beam over flex axles too, I think on several occasions. On the one hand I think it's perfectly valid to have some critiques, especially when you hope and know the builder - in this case @Lox Lego - will probably be capable of coming up with something as good without using this technique. You just wish someone would move into a certain direction. But then again, I think the point has been made. And like others, I think every designer should follow his own path. It's actually a good thing that every builder has his own signature. It gives us diversity.

I will rest my beams over flex axles case and I'm already excited to see your future builds. With or without beams over flex axles :wink:. Keep up the good work :thumbup:!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I have been commenting critically on the beam over flex axles too, I think on several occasions. On the one hand I think it's perfectly valid to have some critiques, especially when you hope and know the builder - in this case @Lox Lego - will probably be capable of coming up with something as good without using this technique. You just wish someone would move into a certain direction. But then again, I think the point has been made. And like others, I think every designer should follow his own path. It's actually a good thing that every builder has his own signature. It gives us diversity.

I will rest my beams over flex axles case and I'm already excited to see your future builds. With or without beams over flex axles :wink:. Keep up the good work :thumbup:!

Thanks @Didumos69, I appreciate that. I will switch it up from time to time, I just have certain design ideas that incorporate the beam /flex style. I'll certainly try and bring something different to the plate in the near future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LvdH said:

I think I'll give it a shot in blue color. Only problem is the panels on the doors which you can replace with light blue. Soft axles can be replaced with pneumatic hoses because blue 19L soft axles seem to be kind of rare :laugh:.

Oh man, that'd be so rad! I'd love to see it in blue. I am actually using fairly basic red pieces in this car as the majority is in black. Keep me posted with that progress man, thanks!

 

34225971154_84287f42ee_b.jpgBugatti Chiron - lights exposed - tear down by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

34682057920_d391223a54_b.jpgBugatti Chiron - inner door by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

34683547390_818b685016_b.jpgBugatti Chiron- tear down by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

35071122925_2a674f2870_b.jpgBugatti Chiron- tear down by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

despite the comments I think your car is spectacular in every way...great job!! Look forward to the tear down pictures!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

despite the comments I think your car is spectacular in every way...great job!! Look forward to the tear down pictures!! 

Thanks AFOLegofan66! Its been a busy day but I managed to get right down to the framework. 

34271324063_c679fbc894_b.jpgBugatti Chiron - tear down 2 

34917815262_bc0f80bfc9_b.jpgBugatti Chiron - Tear down 2

34917814782_f3f39466c6_b.jpgBugatti Chiron - Tear down 2

34958706321_58a675bc10_b.jpgBugatti Chiron - Tear down 2 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why such slow gearing? This is supposed to be the fastest car in the world!

Edited by Aventador2004
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Why such slow gearing? This is supposed to be the fastest car in the world!

Since Technic supercars such as this one can be very large and heavy, they have to be geared down this way to get enough torque to move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Since Technic supercars such as this one can be very large and heavy, they have to be geared down this way to get enough torque to move.

I know that seems right, but th xl motor gets 20 ncm from gearing dow through the diff. Why not use the same ratio as usual?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LvdH said:

It depends what you mean by "usual". Judging by the wheels, this car is about 1:8 scale which means a lot of weight. I have 2 1:8 scale cars built and they weigh 3 kg and 2.5 kg so I expect the Chiron to be about the same. The 2.5 kg one uses 2 XL motors geared down 1:2.3 and it still has slight troubles moving the car. 

Well, I guess a speedy car this is not, but you could do a buggy motor chiron, and set a speed record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LvdH said:

It depends what you mean by "usual". Judging by the wheels, this car is about 1:8 scale which means a lot of weight. I have 2 1:8 scale cars built and they weigh 3 kg and 2.5 kg so I expect the Chiron to be about the same. The 2.5 kg one uses 2 XL motors geared down 2.3:1 and it still has slight troubles moving the car. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. I wanted to be 100% sure no gears were slipping when driving this car. If I had geared up, I'd risk gears slipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Well, I guess a speedy car this is not, but you could do a buggy motor chiron, and set a speed record.

If you have the time the BMW DTM build thread touches upon gearing of the XL motor.  It had three different gear options for use of a 1, 2 or 4 XL motor.  It is a smaller and lighter car than this one but hopefully you will see speed is not easy with these builds.  Even using buggy motors has its limitations and creates other challenges.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, technic_addict said:

If you have the time the BMW DTM build thread touches upon gearing of the XL motor.  It had three different gear options for use of a 1, 2 or 4 XL motor.  It is a smaller and lighter car than this one but hopefully you will see speed is not easy with these builds.  Even using buggy motors has its limitations and creates other challenges.

I meant it as a joke, not actually saying to do a car like this with buggy motors. If you used a 550 motor geared down, well that is a different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I meant it as a joke, not actually saying to do a car like this with buggy motors. If you used a 550 motor geared down, well that is a different story.

Yeah until we get more power with lighter motors, we'll always be struggling to create realistic AND fast Lego builds. Until that day, we'll just have to make she with what we have, or build on a smaller scale for more speed to weight ratio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

Yeah until we get more power with lighter motors, we'll always be struggling to create realistic AND fast Lego builds. Until that day, we'll just have to make she with what we have, or build on a smaller scale for more speed to weight ratio. 

agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, finally done the tear down. The full photo instructions are here: https://goo.gl/photos/TYFAPW11jpkdA2dTA

I tried to leave the part count to a minimum for this build, but after I realized it didn't work :cry_sad:

Tear down 3:

34709556500_de46cd5e73_b.jpgBugatti Chiron tear down 3 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Rear suspension:

34286398493_0bee9b9627_b.jpgBugatti Chiron tear down 3 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Front Suspension:

34965683201_4b9238e436_b.jpgBugatti Chiron tear down 3 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LvdH said:

Very nice photo instructions! :wub: I don't see any pieces you can't or are hard to get in blue or a different shade. Soon I'll finally order a set of those wheels... but about 50€ :look:...

Oh, and could you tell me the lengths of the soft axles? Hard to see by just pictures.

Blue would be a dream color! :wub: I wanted to build in Blue but had none. I can't wait to see it in true Bugatti color scheme!

Axles are as follows: 

34948393872_378a52d20e_b.jpgBugatti Chiron - flex axle lengths by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

8 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

 wow another car to build.....thank you for the photo instructions....lengths of soft axles would be useful!!

You're building this one too? Your collection must be huge!! Excited to see the progress. You can see the flex axles in the above photo :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.