1 hour ago, LvdH said:

I found this picture on rebcikable, looks fantastic in white!

Looks like he used rigid hoses and 2x0.5 liftarms instead of 2L, which don't exist in white...

That's awesome! Who is onion? Very cool to see the Bugatti in white :thumbup:

I thought he would have used the white 2l axle / hole beam with 1 flex and 1 ridged hose, but this works 

Incredible touch! Thank you guys very much!
P.S. Where the parts from step 171 goes? :look:

Not sure why I haven't commented until now, but this is an incredible build.  The proportions and coloring are just perfect.  I just had to honor it with a couple of renders.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Larger versions are available at my Bricksafe.

By the way, it is not just the physical model that is amazing.  To model this digitally is an incredibly complex feat, and Thorsten made it look just like the real thing.  Congratulations to both of you.

One of the best MOCs. Really Lego building was brought to another higher level with this car!

36 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Fantastic render for a fantastic car... And then to think that you went from this... 
 in just a little bit over a year!

Lol I almost hoped that build wouldn't surface again :tongue:

i did have many less parts at that time too, but I appreciate you noticing the progress! I had always loved Lego as a youngin, and the passion was re-ignited 20 years later. Who would've thought? Thanks for all the kind comments guys!

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, Lox Lego said:

Lol I almost hoped that build wouldn't surface again :tongue:

i did have many less parts at that time too, but I appreciate you noticing the progress! I had always loved Lego as a youngin, and the passion was re-ignited 20 years later. Who would've thought? Thanks for all the kind comments guys!

I have hundreds of thousands of pieces but will NEVER be able to use them the way you do!

It seems like the bigger door panels have been painted - you can see a slight deviation in colour from the surrounding pieces. The 11x3 shell could be easily substituted by the 11954 panel which exists in blue, unfortunatly the #17+ #18 panels don´t. 

Painting panels or beams never would be an option for me. I´d rather come to creative solutions instead, use other parts or colous for a consistent look or wait some more years (or decades, who knows :hmpf_bad:) until new parts will be released. I really wish I´ll be able to fight out of the blue corner one day!

BTW - the builder completely messed up the fenders  :laugh:. The front wheel house literally leans onto the wheel, due to the use of narrow hoses instead of flex axles. Why not simply use black flex axles here? At the rear it seems that the tension of the bowed construction simply pulled off the connector...

13 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

BTW - the builder completely messed up the fenders  :laugh:. The front wheel house literally leans onto the wheel, due to the use of narrow hoses instead of flex axles. Why not simply use black flex axles here? At the rear it seems that the tension of the bowed construction simply pulled off the connector...

Oh man, never realized how all out he went with blue! Crazy a regular black flex axle wasn’t used. Definitely looks rad in blue!!!! Can’t wait till Lego has a solid blue color to build in. 

Medium blue will have the most color for panels in the future from what I can see...

Blue looks pretty awesome but poor implementation.  I may have a go at it and use the equivalent size #17/18 panel with holes used on Williams F1 car.  It will likely need changes to make it work tho.  Maybe in 6 months after I build the three other queued up builds by you. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Can’t wait till Lego has a solid blue color to build in

I was just thinking about this earlier! I am debating whether to take apart my Williams F1:look:

6 hours ago, LvdH said:

That is actually not a bad idea. The doors will of course need rebuilding, but I believe you then have all pieces to do it in blue. Soft axles can be a problem, because they're very rare on non existent, but rigid hoses or pneumatic or even black soft axles because most are covered up might just work.

Time to have a look at the instructions, perhaps make a mockup of the door in person. I have quite a lot of blue so I'll probably give it (the door only) a go :wink: 
Too bad medium blue won't work yet because that would look very much like the real thing: 

I look forward to seeing if you can get the door to work!  I personally think Medium blue and Black would look amazing.

2 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I found a pretty big problem. The old panels are a stud higher (half on each side if you put them on top of the new ones). The ''non door'' part, or whatever it's called, not a problem. I found that one in less than a minute. But for the doors this is quite a big problem because the curved panels are mounted directly onto the #17/18 panel. You'd have to find something else to replace the curved panel because it won't fit with the #19/20 panel.

yes the old panels and new panels are not easily interchangeable.  I had an idea to use the short piece #13/14 joined together as Dugald did in his Aston to make the longer piece.  This likely would have worked until I just found out there is no #13/14 in blue either.