4 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I just ordered a bunch of blue. Mostly connectors and a bunch of short liftarms for the fenders. I should probably wait with for the parts list but it'll do. I got 2 12L and 2 19L soft axles in blue a few months back, looks like I can finally put them to use! :laugh:

I am very interested to see how this looks blue on black.

Wow! Thank you very much! Will start collecting parts after you make a partlist...
The first and the only think I was disapointed in is that the unique world famous W16 engine is...none, no moving, no rotation. But I really understand it is hard to make working W16 and the harder challenge is to intall it inside the car...

2 hours ago, Aleh said:

Wow! Thank you very much! Will start collecting parts after you make a partlist...
The first and the only think I was disapointed in is that the unique world famous W16 engine is...none, no moving, no rotation. But I really understand it is hard to make working W16 and the harder challenge is to intall it inside the car...

Thank Aleh! Regarding the engine, This car had to have 16 working pistons, all of them fire in sequence.  It was very important it worked as this is such an iconic car!

Edited by Lox Lego

13 hours ago, LvdH said:

I just ordered a bunch of blue. Mostly connectors and a bunch of short liftarms for the fenders. I should probably wait with for the parts list but it'll do. I got 2 12L and 2 19L soft axles in blue a few months back, looks like I can finally put them to use! :laugh:

So I figured I'd start sorting the easy colour first... so here is the full parts list of all red so you can start looking for blue. 

35087971686_3fb6e24c03_b.jpgBugatti Chiron - Parts list 1 -  Red 2 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

34996615021_1b0eb7a53f_b.jpgBugatti Chiron - Parts list 1 -  Red by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

35087971286_7beec80b38_b.jpgBugatti - All red by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

tomek9210Lox Lego Oh, I'm sorry for my inattention! I looked just at the engine's (pistons) photo.

Great car! After finish my own MOC I'll built this one.
OMG, how many great cars from this forum i\m going to build. Wish my wife patience. :laugh:

11 hours ago, Aleh said:

tomek9210Lox Lego Oh, I'm sorry for my inattention! I looked just at the engine's (pistons) photo.

Great car! After finish my own MOC I'll built this one.
OMG, how many great cars from this forum i\m going to build. Wish my wife patience. :laugh:

I wish all the AFOL community the luck of the patient wife. :sweet: 
Its hard to find a good one thats ok with it. Once you do, shes a keeper :laugh:

Edited by Lox Lego

18 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

I wish all the AFOL community the luck of the patient wife. :sweet: 
Its hard to find a good one thats ok with it. Once you do, shes a keeper :laugh:

Ha, so true. Good luck to you lox on making your next build! And your bro who helps!

5 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Ha, so true. Good luck to you lox on making your next build! And your bro who helps!

Thanks Aventador! Well I can say my next build will have a lot of input from Dugald on the framework.:wink:

Edited by Lox Lego

5 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Thanks Aventador! Well I can say my next build will have a lot of input from Dugald on the framework.:wink:

Any hints? Or if it will be manual?

11 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Any hints? Or if it will be manual?

No, no hints. But I'm sure you will not be seeing manual from me anytime soon... :sweet:

Just now, Lox Lego said:

No, no hints. But I'm sure you will not be seeing manual from me anytime soon... :sweet:

I expected that, I actually only doing a manual supercar because my second l motor broke and i am waiting for a replacement.

And I was going to ask: how many days were needed to make this?

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

I expected that, I actually only doing a manual supercar because my second l motor broke and i am waiting for a replacement.

And I was going to ask: how many days were needed to make this?

How many days did it take to make the Chiron, or how many days do I think it'll take to complete the next build?

I believe the Chiron took 120 hours and 3 months.

1 hour ago, Lox Lego said:

How many days did it take to make the Chiron, or how many days do I think it'll take to complete the next build?

I believe the Chiron took 120 hours and 3 months.

How long the chiron took, that is a short time for a car of this calibre. I take a lot less time on body, more on chassis refinement.

Same?

Edited by Aventador2004

11 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

How long the chiron took, that is a short time for a car of this calibre. I take a lot less time on body, more on chassis refinement.

Same?

That's a tough one. I do struggle to create a framework that I feel will suit my build, but I have struggled many times over for the bodywork to come together and make sense. I would have to say I spend equal time on the framework and bodywork. 

After 2 hours of sorting, I have finally put each Technic piece in each pile. Next step is counting....

35005352272_4c447a5ba3_b.jpgBugatti - first step to parts list - 2 hours of sorting - by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

35170378125_42372208a2_b.jpgBugatti - first step to parts list - 2 hours of sorting - by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

35039556411_05af5edd76_b.jpgBugatti - first step to parts list - 2 hours of sorting - by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Wow, split time inbetween. I don't usually spend that much time on my builds because I focus on chassis.

Do I count 18 5x7 frames and 4 11x7 frames?

On 6/8/2017 at 9:26 AM, Aventador2004 said:

Wow, split time inbetween. I don't usually spend that much time on my builds because I focus on chassis.

Do I count 18 5x7 frames and 4 11x7 frames?

Yessir! 

On 6/8/2017 at 9:56 AM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

My least favorite part, and with a large MOC like that, I bet it's even worse...

Oh its bad... but I'm getting better. 3 hours in and I'm 85% complete. Now just to edit, count remaining pins, then parts list for the system Lego and then done!

34359740294_43e3fef95b_b.jpgrack 4 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

35204090345_a5f1e21ee4_b.jpgrack 5 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

35188873565_b80a0cdd90_b.jpgBugatti Chiron - Parts List 5 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Just now, Lox Lego said:

Yessir! 

Oh its bad... but I'm getting better. 3 hours in and I'm 85% complete. Now just to edit, count remaining pins, then parts list for the system Lego and then done!

And then onto the next car. What next? :grin:

Just now, TechnicRCRacer said:

Wow:wacko: A lot of parts! 13 beam frames!?!

No, 22 beam frames.

Edited by Aventador2004

Just now, TechnicRCRacer said:

Eighteen!?!?!? That's crazy!

I edited my post, that is 18 5x7 frames, plus 4 11x7 frames.

Wow! I only have six! (Not counting display models) The amount of lights is also crazy!

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Eighteen!?!?!? That's crazy!

Why crazy? It's not 50 but 18. Big amount but not crazy imho.

BTW: troubles of having necessary parts will apper for sure. but where :wacko: