I felt like it was time to step up my game and start modeling more popular, more difficult Hypercars. 
I was able to create a suspension strong enough not to need torsion bar, for all you purists out there :sweet:

Flickr Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskZHoj1H

The Lego car blog: https://thelegocarblog.com/2017/05/15/money-monday/

Photo Instructions: https://goo.gl/photos/TYFAPW11jpkdA2dTA

The Chiron has curves & shapes difficult to replicate.

34508082521_01fd603838_b.jpg

This build began with the simplistic, strong and extremely reliable Framework.

33471330344_44eb51b3d7_b.jpg

Features: custom W16 motor (designed by @DugaldIC), front and rear lights, 2wd - 4wd shifter, Steering with the Servo, 2 XL Motors for drive, 1 M motor for rear wing, Sbrick, LIPO battery, button to turn on the battery & independent suspension.

34476949592_0bf6ce10d0_b.jpg

The idea was to create a purely cosmetic build, and create the whole car as close to scale as possible.

33795801874_e1c051204e_b.jpg

As this car has a fairly short front and rear end, the batteries and motors had to be between the wheels.

34491103442_fd2e0b0b4c_b.jpg

The Servo for steering was tucked as low as possible in front of the of the wheels not to interfere with the hood / wheel wells.

34653116725_4082776cb4_b.jpgBugatti Chiron - Rear end by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

The framework is low as possible, 1 stud off the ground, 2 studs above the front wheels. This was a nightmare to allow the wheels to turn without rubbing on the inside. 

34653167935_1de98b1903_b.jpg

There are 10 lights on this car, the most I have ever added to my builds!

33796569084_b26e52f651_b.jpg

I've got to give huge props to Dugald for the engine, and Sheepo for the car jack in the video :classic:

34658152555_7625cfd1e2_b.jpgTwo builds, two bros  - Bugatti Chiron & Aston Martin Vantage GT3 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Two Bro's, two supercars :wink:

Edited by Lox Lego

The moment I read the topic's name I got excited. Then I read who started it and knew I had to prepare to be blown away. And I am blown away!

This is very impressive, I like the engine a lot. The front end looks really cool! I really like how you incorporated your usual style of wheel arches. This is a great model!

4 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

The moment I read the topic's name I got excited. Then I read who started it and knew I had to prepare to be blown away. And I am blown away!

This is very impressive, I like the engine a lot. The front end looks really cool! I really like how you incorporated your usual style of wheel arches. This is a great model!

Thanks @Offroadcreat1ons, The front was the most difficult for sure. Dugald built that engine in a matter of hours, I was impressed.

4 hours ago, Attika said:

Nice curves all around, amazingly caught details. :thumbup:

Thanks Attika! In Technic modeling, you always have to choose which subtle lines you follow for the build. I had to make some small sacrifices to get this end result.

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

Stop making things I want to build.... I was just starting to collect pieces for the Lykan. :hmpf_bad:

In all seriousness, this is one amazing car, definitely my favourite you made yet. I loved your Lykan, but for this one words cannot describe it. I've always loved Sheepo's Veyron, but this seriously rivals it. 

Also one question: how fast do you build? You publish one amazing car after the other. :grin: 

I'm honored to hear you're building the Lykan! One good thing about my builds in I use most of the same pieces for each build so you might already be halfway there!

2 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Definitely it your best build yet bro! :thumbup:

Cheers Dug! Was great you could help out again. 

1 hour ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

My only complaints is that the front nose looks a bit flat compared to the original, and the wheel arches look a little flat, but overall it is great!

That was my complaint too. I had great difficulty trying to mimic the shape at the front. I had created 7 or 8 different hoods to try and create similar angles of the original car. It's nearly impossible with Lego! 

@Jim where are their pro badges? 

Great car but I agree with @Meyers lego technic, the front is a bit flat.

Wow! I can't believe how you are able to top each successive car you build... Just incredible! :wub: The signature curve around the door and the headlights are captured beautifully. :thumbup:

I am on the fence on this one. It is a very smooth looking car, not too crowded to fill gaps, but somehow it doesn't resonate with me. Things that bug me:

- beams over flexaxles. In my opinion it doesn't add much in this model. The front wheel arches are too pronounced because of this. The curved line on the side seems to be separate from the roof, which I think is also due to the use of this technique. And the rear wheel arches are disconnected from the body visually.
- the colour of the curved line. Since this is such a prominent design feature I would suggest to emphasize this much stronger. For instance by using flat silver flexaxles and connectors to make that curve, that way it will visually pop much more
- the front is just off. The central grille is too high, the frontfenders don't mesh with the bonnet, the window is too narrow (I think) and the angles of the airintakes are horizontal instead of slightly slanted. The headlights are superb though, I love those :wub:
- the gap between the side curve and the bodywork is missing (or at least not visible due to the colour choice).
- The underbelly shot. Now here I could be completely wrong, but it looks like there are very few vertical orientated beams connected to the bottom structure. I am a big fan of the form-locked structures (like the one @Didumos69 used in his rugged supercar) and achieving maximum stiffness with the minimal amount of parts. This doesn't look like it is optimized for that. But of course this is just personal taste.

This all might sound harsh, but it is just my opinion (and I am quite picky in my taste I'm afraid) and I hope I voiced it in a constructive way. If not, that is all on me. Despite all these points I still think it is one of the better looking models on this forum, so thumbs up for that :thumbup:

But I would love to see a model from you that doesn't use beams over flexaxles and is more minimalistic in terms of design.

I think you did a superb job on a difficult car to build.   Certain elements may not be to some people's liking, but that's fine.  I feel the people building are artists so there is always elements people will like / dislike.  

As some have pointed out, I think if the nose was slightly sloped it would be a bit more accurate.  

I think the beams over the axles is an excellent choice for the rear fenders, was it not possible to use 5L beams instead if 3L and 2L beams?  I think it would look a bit more cohesive.

Overall, another excellent build of an iconic and difficult supercar.

Great looking model! But I'm not as thrilled as I was with your Lykan. This time I think the beams over flex axles don't do justice to the model. Like @Jeroen Ottens already pointed out; this way the fenders don't flow into the rest of the body as they do on the original car. I'm not a fan of beams over flex axles in general, but when there is no obvious alternative to get the right shape, I can appreciate them nevertheless. But in this case I think there would have been alternatives.

Edited by Didumos69

Incredible build! Even haven\t seen the video yet. Congratulations with finish! 

BTW: It's nice to see Lego MOC are begoming more complex, more realistic and fun to play with from yaer to year. As the builder's experience is growing! 

Very nice bodywork. I was only hoping to see engine with typical LEGO parts as in official sets. Perhaps this would be a next step but all in all it has this WOW effect. Excellent job :thumbup:

17 hours ago, LvdH said:

I was going to, but then I saw this one... :wink: I hope you and Thorsten can work something out once again.

Well he is a very busy guy! I'll be doing photo instructions so no need to bother him  :sweet:

16 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

It is a little out of scale, between an old tt and the veyron but it is an awesome car anyway.

I totally agree with you in the similarities between the tt and this build. (On the back end of the car) But one can't win them all, so this was a compromise. Thank you!

16 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Wow! I can't believe how you are able to top each successive car you build... Just incredible! :wub: The signature curve around the door and the headlights are captured beautifully. :thumbup:

Thanks @Leonardo da Bricki! I tried my hardest to excentuate those key features in the Chiron. 

11 hours ago, technic_addict said:

I think you did a superb job on a difficult car to build.   Certain elements may not be to some people's liking, but that's fine.  I feel the people building are artists so there is always elements people will like / dislike.  

As some have pointed out, I think if the nose was slightly sloped it would be a bit more accurate.  

I think the beams over the axles is an excellent choice for the rear fenders, was it not possible to use 5L beams instead if 3L and 2L beams?  I think it would look a bit more cohesive.

Overall, another excellent build of an iconic and difficult supercar.

Thanks @technic_addict!! The rear wheel well goes higher than the front wheel wells, hence the double and triple beams. It also gives slight curves around the rear wheels. I couldn't do the same for the fronts as the wheels have barely any room when turning. 

8 hours ago, Jurss said:

Great build, recognizable from first sight.

Thanks @Jurss! I had hoped it would be semi recognizable at first sight. 

5 hours ago, Aleh said:

Incredible build! Even haven\t seen the video yet. Congratulations with finish! 

BTW: It's nice to see Lego MOC are begoming more complex, more realistic and fun to play with from yaer to year. As the builder's experience is growing! 

I've always tried to create a rounded build, with tons of features and hidden motors to show off what Lego is capable of! Cheers @Aleh!

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Very nice bodywork. I was only hoping to see engine with typical LEGO parts as in official sets. Perhaps this would be a next step but all in all it has this WOW effect. Excellent job :thumbup:

Thanks @I_Igor!! The real Lego engine wouldn't come close to fitting a W16 above the motors, so a custom engine had to be built. 

2 hours ago, suhail bhatti said:

looks amazing :thumbup:

Cheers @suhail bhatti!

56 minutes ago, KamalMYafi said:

Love the shaping. Good job for replicating the Bugatti Chiron!.. :thumbup:

Glad you liked it @KamalMYafi

Im am motivated from all to keep building cars in my own way and having fun with this new hobby of mine. The goal for me is to have fun and try new things and to keep pushing forwards. :thumbup:

Edited by Lox Lego

Awesome! I love how all of your MOC's contain that signature wheel guard. Glad ou made it a surprise for us.

19 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

I am on the fence on this one. It is a very smooth looking car, not too crowded to fill gaps, but somehow it doesn't resonate with me. Things that bug me:

- beams over flexaxles. In my opinion it doesn't add much in this model. The front wheel arches are too pronounced because of this. The curved line on the side seems to be separate from the roof, which I think is also due to the use of this technique. And the rear wheel arches are disconnected from the body visually.
- the colour of the curved line. Since this is such a prominent design feature I would suggest to emphasize this much stronger. For instance by using flat silver flexaxles and connectors to make that curve, that way it will visually pop much more
- the front is just off. The central grille is too high, the frontfenders don't mesh with the bonnet, the window is too narrow (I think) and the angles of the airintakes are horizontal instead of slightly slanted. The headlights are superb though, I love those :wub:
- the gap between the side curve and the bodywork is missing (or at least not visible due to the colour choice).
- The underbelly shot. Now here I could be completely wrong, but it looks like there are very few vertical orientated beams connected to the bottom structure. I am a big fan of the form-locked structures (like the one @Didumos69 used in his rugged supercar) and achieving maximum stiffness with the minimal amount of parts. This doesn't look like it is optimized for that. But of course this is just personal taste.

This all might sound harsh, but it is just my opinion (and I am quite picky in my taste I'm afraid) and I hope I voiced it in a constructive way. If not, that is all on me. Despite all these points I still think it is one of the better looking models on this forum, so thumbs up for that :thumbup:

But I would love to see a model from you that doesn't use beams over flexaxles and is more minimalistic in terms of design.

These are all very valid points you have brought up. I am very picky about color, and feel if I were to create a silver outline, the color of the silver flex axles would have connectors that are black and break the single color flow of the curve. The paneling on the underside is just to cover the framework above it. When you see the photo sequence of the build, you will see it is very well supported. I did show in the video you can press on the top of the car and the whole body lowers without flexing, proving to be rigid. The gap between the side curve and bodywork was purposely left out. After many failed attempts to place a panel in the area and have it look OK was impossible. With all of this said, everyone has their own preference with builds. I hear you keep suggesting not to use beams over flex axles, have more minimalist designs, change this change that. You have a preference, and so do I. I totally love this style of building, and am not one to conform to a set style or follow rules. Rules are made to be broken, and I am here to do my own thing, build what I like when I like, and enjoy the ride. Cosmetics and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some like it & some dislike it. I choose to like, regardless of what is "right" or "technically correct". So thanks for the comments, but a few less comments in regards to how I should build would be appreciated. 

41 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

These are all very valid points you have brought up. I am very picky about color, and feel if I were to create a silver outline, the color of the silver flex axles would have connectors that are black and break the single color flow of the curve. The paneling on the underside is just to cover the framework above it. When you see the photo sequence of the build, you will see it is very well supported. I did show in the video you can press on the top of the car and the whole body lowers without flexing, proving to be rigid. The gap between the side curve and bodywork was purposely left out. After many failed attempts to place a panel in the area and have it look OK was impossible. With all of this said, everyone has their own preference with builds. I hear you keep suggesting not to use beams over flex axles, have more minimalist designs, change this change that. You have a preference, and so do I. I totally love this style of building, and am not one to conform to a set style or follow rules. Rules are made to be broken, and I am here to do my own thing, build what I like when I like, and enjoy the ride. Cosmetics and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some like it & some dislike it. I choose to like, regardless of what is "right" or "technically correct". So thanks for the comments, but a few less comments in regards to how I should build would be appreciated. 

No problem, like I wrote, these were just my opinions, so I will hold my tongue next time. It was not my intent to force my worldview upon you, so I'm sorry if I left that impression.

LEGO is a medium to express yourself, so stick to what you like:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Lox Lego said:

With all of this said, everyone has their own preference with builds. I hear you keep suggesting not to use beams over flex axles, have more minimalist designs, change this change that. You have a preference, and so do I. I totally love this style of building, and am not one to conform to a set style or follow rules. Rules are made to be broken, and I am here to do my own thing, build what I like when I like, and enjoy the ride. Cosmetics and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some like it & some dislike it. I choose to like, regardless of what is "right" or "technically correct". So thanks for the comments, but a few less comments in regards to how I should build would be appreciated. 

I think you are correct for building how you want, I am constantly told that what I do is wrong on this site. I have been for the way I post is wrong, the building style I use. I just keep working the same way no matter what. I think you should keep doing what you do. @Jeroen Ottens was a lego designer at a time so he has a different preference than you.