Kolonialbeamter

New Ship Classes - The Transition

Just now, MKJoshA said:

Thanks, but your tool still leaves me with questions. Do I pay upkeep on top of the base upkeep? So 850, or 850+580? And why not just add the extra cost on top of the base upkeep? Why have such a complicated algorithm? 

The second upkeep is the total upkeep. The first one is just there because I forgot to hide that column ;)

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Thanks, but your tool still leaves me with questions. Do I pay upkeep on top of the base upkeep? So 850, or 850+580? And why not just add the extra cost on top of the base upkeep? Why have such a complicated algorithm? 

You only pay the 850. The base upkeep is only a Base for the calculation.

Where can I get the stats for ships that I licensed (If I for example have forgotten the exact stats :blush:)? I sent in a license form, but on the ship in question, the ship license entry list returns this:

Thu May 19 2016 08:23:48 GMT-0400 (EDT) | Sir Stig | Silver Scythe | Eslandola | Yes | 1 - 3 ships | Class 2 F (100DB) | Not licensed at all | http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=131245&hl |

Edited by Sir Stig

32 minutes ago, Sir Stig said:

Where can I get the stats for ships that I licensed (If I for example have forgotten the exact stats :blush:)? I sent in a license form, but on the ship in question, the ship license entry list returns this:

Thu May 19 2016 08:23:48 GMT-0400 (EDT) | Sir Stig | Silver Scythe | Eslandola | Yes | 1 - 3 ships | Class 2 F (100DB) | Not licensed at all | http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=131245&hl |

A list will be made available to each faction with all their own ships. Phred is on this.

Just now, Bregir said:

A list will be made available to each faction with all their own ships. Phred is on this.

And if anyone needs information about their own ships I can provide that for the time being.

I just made sure I had my stats laid out in my original post here, and archived the post link in my favorites for future reference.

9 hours ago, Legostone said:

And if anyone needs information about their own ships I can provide that for the time being.

I would appreciate a PM with the stats of my currently licensed ships.

Can we have this linked in the master index next time Ska apears?

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

Can we have this linked in the master index next time Ska apears?

The "about ships" link contains all the information about ships. This one was primarily for discussion about the transition but the about ships page has a link to here also. 

Hey, I had a thought. Can I like license infinite amounts of class 0 ships? I mean, you could have a fleet of range 4, cargo 2 ships defended by hundreds f range 4 firepower 2 ships, and so on. Is that super cheaty? Because I might try that next MCRA....

3 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Hey, I had a thought. Can I like license infinite amounts of class 0 ships? I mean, you could have a fleet of range 4, cargo 2 ships defended by hundreds f range 4 firepower 2 ships, and so on. Is that super cheaty? Because I might try that next MCRA....

That's quite a few MOCs and quite a bit in upkeep. And don't forget that you will need some sort of leader for all fleets above 5 ships with 25 being the maximum number of ships a national hero can command. 

49 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Also, we don't expect players to look for ways to exploit the system, Mesabi. Leadership will step in if someone goes overboard with some exploit.

But as Genaro said, there are some other checks and balances and if someone starts posting subpar mocs and in high number, that will not be accepted.

9 hours ago, Bregir said:

Also, we don't expect players to look for ways to exploit the system, Mesabi. Leadership will step in if someone goes overboard with some exploit.

But as Genaro said, there are some other checks and balances and if someone starts posting subpar mocs and in high number, that will not be accepted.

I don't think It'll be exploited say, (Unless I get really bored) but It would be really easy to round out a fleet with a couple of class 0s. Take my trade run, two ships going through four zones. I could have created three more class zeros, I could have gotten 6 more cargo points with very little upkeep. 

Just a thought. And for the record, I am the guy who exploits things. :devil: I was no fun to be on a minecraft server with....

Now we got the Royal Philipe as an example of a class 10 vessel (based on a French First Rate), I wonder where a Spanish late 17th century First Rate would be placed? Would this be class 10 as well?

I am talking about following galleon for example:

kgDSC00494.jpg

Translated to bricks, I guess it would be around 100 studs in length (waterline) and 96 guns. This is less than a late 18th century 1st rate, but still it is a 1st rate. I guess the difference between this vessel and the Royal Philipe would be cargo (the said galleon was sunk with a lot of silver in its cargo) and manouver.

@Maxim I: Whatever ship you build, its provinence is basicly irrelevant. What matters is the overall size of the moc. If it is comparable to the Royal Philip in size, it could be considered a class 10.