Kolonialbeamter

New Ship Classes - The Transition

8 hours ago, Bregir said:

@Mesabi: I am certain that after close deliberation and comparison to the archetypes, you will see that she is most similar to the current class 2 archetype.

Nuts. Yeah, now I see it. You should really find a better picture of the class 3 example, the angle it's at confused me. Anyways, the WTC Aurora will be licensed as a class 2. Thank you

Just now, Mesabi said:

Nuts. Yeah, now I see it. You should really find a better picture of the class 3 example, the angle it's at confused me. Anyways, the WTC Aurora will be licensed as a class 2. Thank you

I will look into finding a better picture.

I think we should also have links to the original posts, so that people can see the vessels in full. (But it all takes time... :) )

Ships can now travel their range plus one zones per MRCA, which also means that the minimum range stat is now 0.

On 2017/9/13 at 6:58 AM, Mesabi said:

Alright, what's y'all's opinion on my WTC Aurora? I want her to be a four, but, she is rather small, so I would accept a class three.

36958537702_0a6daac773_z.jpgWTC Aurora by North White, on Flickr

Hello Mesabi! If you can add a midsection and another mast, no one could argue on your intended class, i.e. class 3. If the midsections are not available for the moment, I suggest to build one from scratch, with some plates and inverted slopes, that should be ok.

Just now, Bodi said:

Hello Mesabi! If you can add a midsection and another mast, no one could argue on your intended class, i.e. class 3. If the midsections are not available for the moment, I suggest to build one from scratch, with some plates and inverted slopes, that should be ok.

Thanks Bodi, but I have neither ATM. The WTC Aurora was designed to fit in a small bin so I could have at least 1 ship while I'm at college. 

Dear all,

You can now start licensing your ships in this form:

Ship licensing form

There will be no general controlling of the chosen classes, but the Naval Licensing and Prize Court and the Brethren Court reserves the right to step in if players do not follow the spirit of the classes (in terms of sizes).

/Bregir

Just now, SilentWolf said:

I need to make a new class 1 or 2 before I license my other ships. :pir-oh:

No need. You are always entitled to one free class 1 or 2 ship regardless of what other ships you have. (If I am interpreting your comment correctly, that is... :P )

7 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Where do I pay for the extra 25 ship levels?

We are working on that.

You can license all your ships, though. You just can't operate more than your shiplimit each mrca.

You will be able to upgrade your ship levels before the first MRCA of course.

35 minutes ago, Bregir said:

We are working on that.

You can license all your ships, though. You just can't operate more than your shiplimit each mrca.

You will be able to upgrade your ship levels before the first MRCA of course.

And just to clarify, I only pay upkeep costs on ships if I use them in an MRCA, right?

Just now, MKJoshA said:

And just to clarify, I only pay upkeep costs on ships if I use them in an MRCA, right?

Correct.

Prolly a bit late to be asking this, but could I get a ruling on a class size for Hera's Fury in case we sister ship it?

JNLoHBm.jpg

"What is the URL for the upgrade build? *
Requirements for the build is simply that it somehow explains why the capacity increases. It should not be licensable, but can count as a small unlicensable build for the relevant settlement.
What Settlement is the build located?
Enter the settlement's name only."
Is this saying that every entity needs to have a build to request an increase of ship limits or is this specific to settlement increases?

Just now, SilentWolf said:
"What is the URL for the upgrade build? *
Requirements for the build is simply that it somehow explains why the capacity increases. It should not be licensable, but can count as a small unlicensable build for the relevant settlement.
What Settlement is the build located?
Enter the settlement's name only."
Is this saying that every entity needs to have a build to request an increase of ship limits or is this specific to settlement increases?

Every entity that can extend its maximum shiplevel by "buying" themselves more has to build something for it. As Settlements don't buy their upgrades (they get upgraded automatically while their size increases) there is nothing to be done there. If the location of your build matters, you may specify it (as it could also be on a ship you don't have to do that though).

I entered the stats for all my ships ... but forgot to write down what I put dowm as the final numbers. Is there a way to see the stats of presently registered ships? 

9 minutes ago, SilentWolf said:

I entered the stats for all my ships ... but forgot to write down what I put dowm as the final numbers. Is there a way to see the stats of presently registered ships? 

We are working on it :)

The ship register (in the account sheet) should show it in time :)

38 minutes ago, Legostone said:

@Mesabi You entered the wrong number of points for the WTC Beacon.

Shoot! How do I fix it?

Some more questions. First, I think the Upkeep Tool is broken. It's not counting J11 in the sum. Can someone confirm that if I have 580 of base upkeep costs, that I would need to pay 850 DBs in upkeep? Or is it 850 plus 580?

54 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Some more questions. First, I think the Upkeep Tool is broken. It's not counting J11 in the sum. Can someone confirm that if I have 580 of base upkeep costs, that I would need to pay 850 DBs in upkeep? Or is it 850 plus 580?

If you want to calculate the upkeep for your active fleet, you may use my tool for it. Just enter the classes in the second column and see the numbers go up ;)

2 hours ago, Legostone said:

If you want to calculate the upkeep for your active fleet, you may use my tool for it. Just enter the classes in the second column and see the numbers go up ;)

Thanks, but your tool still leaves me with questions. Do I pay upkeep on top of the base upkeep? So 850, or 850+580? And why not just add the extra cost on top of the base upkeep? Why have such a complicated algorithm?