Garmadon

The Eslandolan Way - Parliament Hall, Eslandola

33827443243_35eaa38ba8_z.jpg

"...As for Royal Properties, I suggest that we send out a letter signed by the members of the Colonial Council to every settlement of Eslandola, asking for voluntary aid for the construction of three Royal Properties for the faction... and the third between the first of December and the last of February of the year 618..."

34596132466_9db071d592_z.jpg

History, my dear folks, is in the making!

Just a small build to celebrate Captain Whiffo's first proposal in the Colonial Council - which passed, naturally, and with flying colours - especially as it had to do with minimizing taxes... :laugh:

34251761980_f9316c7fd8_z.jpg

The Chandelier:

34475126072_e16fff3145_z.jpg

Among others who voted for the proposal (from left to right, below) we find here Mr. Jerome Monezterrell, Captain Whiffo (though, actually, he didn't vote himself...), Myles Bowditch, Mr. Aaron van der Meede, Captain Philip Janszen, General Samu, and  Colonel Oystridge, some of the leading members of Eslandola, and all delegates in the Colonial Council.

33827450963_c39f6e0163_z.jpg

One more overview:

33827426653_378772fdb3_z.jpg

And lastly, a shot of the delegates by themselves - I was quite happy that I was able to get at least one from each delegation which voted for the proposal in, even with so little room! :grin:

34506680551_4718dd7aea_z.jpg

A couple of other things... The windows are based on Elostirion's excellent design for the Parliamentary seat in Montario (Lion Hall) with only minor changes (which would also be where this build takes place), and the hat rack was ruthlessly stolen borrowed straight from Ayrlego's design in his latest build :grin: :laugh: 

Thanks for viewing, all, C&C are welcome! :classic:

Great build Garmadon, the height is really cool and I love those dark brown pillars!  Great chandelier too and you sure managed to pack a lot of minifigs in there! :thumbup: 

Lovely MOC, that chandelier is brilliant. And the windows, of course... ;-) 

I always love that floor technique, and I think the addition of dark brown at the lower levels adds quite a lot. Fantastic presentation as well. Just great.

Cool version of Elostirions Parliamentary hall. The dark brown was what caught my attention most as well, but I really like the small steps up to the corner as well. And nice that you managed to include so many of the representatives. :thumbup:

The first steps of this signing is already in motion. :wink:

Edited by Sir Stig

I somehow failed to comment on this earlier. Great job! The dark brown and the floor technique, as others have mentioned, really catch the eye, as do the wonderful window frames and chandelier. It's always fun to see other people's takes on earlier builds, and you've done a great job with Elostirion's Lion Hall. And I always love seeing various sigfigs gathered in one place. :thumbup:

Thanks for capturing this important signing!

On 5/13/2017 at 5:18 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great build Garmadon, the height is really cool and I love those dark brown pillars!  Great chandelier too and you sure managed to pack a lot of minifigs in there! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai! :classic:  And yep, those dark brown pillars are great! :grin:

On 5/15/2017 at 9:48 AM, Elostirion said:

Lovely MOC, that chandelier is brilliant. And the windows, of course... ;-) 

I always love that floor technique, and I think the addition of dark brown at the lower levels adds quite a lot. Fantastic presentation as well. Just great.

Thanks Elos! - and thanks for the window inspiration too! :laugh:  I love that floor technique too (although it is quite parts consuming!), and I find that dark brown is often an excellent addition to a predominately reddish brown build :classic:

22 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

Cool version of Elostirions Parliamentary hall. The dark brown was what caught my attention most as well, but I really like the small steps up to the corner as well. And nice that you managed to include so many of the representatives. :thumbup:

The first steps of this signing is already in motion. :wink:

Thanks Sir Stig!  Including a lot of people's figs was definitely something I wanted to do here (and it's just always fun to include others in your builds/see you figs in other people's builds)! 

21 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I somehow failed to comment on this earlier. Great job! The dark brown and the floor technique, as others have mentioned, really catch the eye, as do the wonderful window frames and chandelier. It's always fun to see other people's takes on earlier builds, and you've done a great job with Elostirion's Lion Hall. And I always love seeing various sigfigs gathered in one place. :thumbup:

Thanks for capturing this important signing!

Thanks Capt Wolf! :pir-sweet:  And yes, replicating other's (great) builds is a lot of fun too! :pir-grin:  I want to see more of the Colonial Council and it's actions reflected in people's builds, so I thought - may as well as start doing that myself! :grin:

And kudos to you for having easy-to-build figs! :laugh:

The delegates looks great - and the MOC is pretty decent too.

I just lost track of what is going on there but that is presumably my fault :pir-laugh:

Love the scene Garmadon, especially the transition from wall to windows (those windows are great!). I really think the height of the ceiling adds to the atmosphere of the build, and I like the way you used the half-arches to add to the grand feel. A very tidy little MOC that looks great - well done!

On 2017-5-19 at 0:20 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

The delegates looks great - and the MOC is pretty decent too.

I just lost track of what is going on there but that is presumably my fault :pir-laugh:

Thanks, Captain B! :pir-classic:  And no problem - we're just deciding to send out a letter to encourage Eslandolans to build some stuff (Royal build collabs) for the faction overall to licence :pir-wink:

On 2017-5-19 at 4:44 PM, Ayrlego said:

Love the scene Garmadon, especially the transition from wall to windows (those windows are great!). I really think the height of the ceiling adds to the atmosphere of the build, and I like the way you used the half-arches to add to the grand feel. A very tidy little MOC that looks great - well done!

Thanks, Ayrlego!  That's exactly what I was going for, so glad it came across well! :pir-grin: :pir-sweet: