Sign in to follow this  
Keymonus

The King's shilling

"Once you take the King's shilling, your first pay, you become a soldier. For at least three years you'll serve our country aganist our enemies, whoever they will be. Honour your vow and you'll be rewarded with glory, respect and regular wages; defect and you'll be court-martialled. I'm not an officer of that kind always calling for salute and impeccable uniform, but I require absolute loyalty towards me and towards your comrades. I personally selected you among those who wanted to enlist... I know that you are a good sailor and a good fighter, and also that in the past you were on board the Fantome, a ship "slightly" suspected of piracy. I think you are the kind of man we need to defend our colonies and our interests in the New World... Am I mistaken? Today you are considered a pickpocket and a loser... Are you ready to become a respected defender of our Motherland?"

"You are not mistaken, sir! I'll do my best to clear my name and serve Oleon aganist our enemies!"
34454688802_ba0a535165_z.jpg
"A fine speech, some money and the promise of a fresh start... - thought Tristan, looking at the new recruit- That's enough to turn a group of lowlives and beggars into a formidable fighting force". He led into battle men of this kind, when he was a young officer garrisoned on the troubled Western Border: scoundrels with a bad reputation and a past full of mistakes, but with their heart at the right place and surely more guts than the average regular soldier. "Yes- he thought while the recruit took without hesitation the King's shilling- these are exactly the men I need".

33773568844_320ace1872_z.jpg

Soldiers and sutlers storing supplies
33773548754_6dd6a4bae9_z.jpg

A cavalryman leaving the camp
33806569663_97b37d8c17_z.jpg

Soon the military unit will be trained and equipped. Until then, probably I should choose an appropriate name for it! :pir-sweet:

Spoiler

34230446660_f38477a18e_z.jpg

An overall view of the recruitment centre

Welcome in Oleonese ranks (If I'm correct)

The canvas is pretty good

See you later in a boarding showdown !

Edited by Professor Thaum

Thank you! In truth I've been offline for a while and this is a little Free Build to introduce my character again :classic:

I'll be on the deck waiting for you!!! :pir-murder:

Edited by Keymonus
typing mistake

Hello again Keymonus!

A hell of a story and nice selection of minifigs. If you have some more time, you can always try elaborating on the ground (some terrain irregularities maybe) but it is also fine the way it is now. And it is true that we want some hardened men in our colonies, so once again we welcome you in our King's colonies! :excited:

Very nice story. Glad to see you're reintroducing your character (hopefully he stays around for a while). The tent is nicely done, and I like all the details you added throughout the MOC. The story is good, and it's neat to see how you incorporated some historical elements into it. 

Hopefully this unit will continue to contribute to Oleon's greater glory!