Sign in to follow this  
badgerboy

[MOC] Nexo Space

Hi all,

Thought I'd share my "Nexo Space" scene. I built it a couple of months ago for New Elementary's ongoing "Nexogon" parts festival.

True or not, I'd read news that the 'Lego Movie Sequel' was going to be set in space... I surmised that this would therefore be Benny's Space, Classic Space the joyous 'space' of my childhood.

Nexospace_02

The Hab/Lab/Base was a structure I'd adapted from a set of spaceships I'd built as my first submission.

dome_DSCN0139

I was way too late for Febrovery, but what kind of space scene would it be without a rover of some sort?

KevLevell_NexoRover_03

...and then there was the question of Benny. He'd need a spaceship!

KevLevell_1800_1800_benny

I really do hope that 'The Lego Movie Sequel' is going to be set in Benny's Space, and that the sets include more Classic Space inspired designs for vehicles... new printed classic space logos and trans yellow windscreens please! Also, New Spacemen minifigures in other colours! 

Wow, cool! I saw these moc's on elementary earlier and really liked them! The nexogon holds so much capability! Thumbs up.

Ingenious build with the dome and it's design. Maybe add some more color to it possibly?

4 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Wow, cool! I saw these moc's on elementary earlier and really liked them! The nexogon holds so much capability! Thumbs up.

Thanks man, all it needs is a monorail station stop!

3 hours ago, gcanik said:

Ingenious build with the dome and it's design. Maybe add some more color to it possibly?

The dome was really fun to build, the Nexogons offer very different building options.

Yeah, you're right, some more colour would really help!

14 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

I saw these on New Elementary, great work!

Thank you, New Elementary is a pretty inspiring place!

Saw this on New Elementary too, great creation! Nice utilization of the Nexogon showing off its verticality, and it's great too see more creations using the new trans-yellow X Wing canopy. The mini spaceship is probably my favorite part, a nice neo classic take on the old mini ship sets using the Nexogon.

On 14/05/2017 at 3:11 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

The mini spaceship is probably my favorite part, a nice neo classic take on the old mini ship sets using the Nexogon.

Thanks for the kind words! I think Benny's ship ended up being my favourite bit too.

Wow, this is a great build! I like what you did with the hexagon pieces. Can someone link me to them on bricklink? I think I might add them to my next order.

4 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Wow, this is a great build! I like what you did with the hexagon pieces. Can someone link me to them on bricklink? I think I might add them to my next order.

Thanks Mesabi, glad you like it!

There are loads of really good builds using the Nexogon over on New Elementary, there are also a couple of posts there that really explore the geometry and the possibilities for building more exciting things.

1. By Tim Johnson - 2. By Neil Crosby - 3. By Gary Davis

All really inspiring and definitely worth a read!

But for reference, the part you're looking for is: 27255

On 2017-5-25 at 9:36 PM, nunofilipe72 said:

I do not know how I let get away this post !

I really enjoyed your work

On 2017-5-26 at 2:37 AM, BrickJagger said:

I love the use of the Nexogons in this build. :thumbup:

On 2017-5-30 at 3:38 PM, kr1minal said:

Awesome!

Thank you all, I really appreciate such kind words.