Ashnflash

LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame

Recommended Posts

Hi there everyone! So I just thought that I'd start this thread because it's pretty well confirmed that we will be getting a LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame with some of the tidbits of information we've gotten from the usual sources. But the polybag found today of Lloyd has an access code at the bottom of the bag just like all the other exclusive polybags we've gotten with video game preorders. SO REALLY EXCITED FOR THIS! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Brick Fan site has run a story on it.

I'm quite interested to see; I got a kick out of The Lego Movie's game, and hated we didn't get a non-Dimensions game for The Lego Batman Movie. Maybe we'll get a Batman character pack; I'd love to see any characters from the first two Lego movies appear here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

What "sources" are you referring to? I haven't heard anything about this.

Just2good has spoken about this before as well as some of the Dimensions Youtubers like JayShockBlast and Disney Dan from BrickstoLife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess that's one more thing to look forward to at E3

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if this game follows the usual mechanics of almost all Lego games. We seriously need something actually different or innovative, and I think Ninjago in general is perfect for this sort of experimentation.

I don't want this game to have the usual spam square or x to defeat enemies. I want to see a character's gameplay develop over the game, like upgrades to the gameplay, a store to buy things besides characters (like power cards or weapons), etc.
The shortcoming with nearly all Lego games is that they implement hundreds of characters to compensate for the lack of legitimate gameplay. I like NInjago, I don't want the first official console game for it to go down like this.

but a lot of people would probably be fine with it and say i'm overreacting so i mean 

Edited by gamejutzu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I guess that's one more thing to look forward to at E3

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if this game follows the usual mechanics of almost all Lego games. We seriously need something actually different or innovative, and I think Ninjago in general is perfect for this sort of experimentation.

I don't want this game to have the usual spam square or x to defeat enemies. I want to see a character's gameplay develop over the game, like upgrades to the gameplay, a store to buy things besides characters (like power cards or weapons), etc.
The shortcoming with nearly all Lego games is that they implement hundreds of characters to compensate for the lack of legitimate gameplay. I like NInjago, I don't want the first official console game for it to go down like this.

but a lot of people would probably be fine with it and say i'm overreacting so i mean 

No. Bless this post.

I'm sick of the Lego games to the point where I truly wonder why they keep cranking 'em out with next to nothing different aside from one minute one-and-done thing (and a different coat of paint, of course). It's why I had any interest in Dimensions to begin with, but even then, the differences felt extremely minute, and ultimately, not worth my time.

 

Seeing how nearly every Lego Game ends up in the $10 bargain bin after a year, it kinda says a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

It's why I had any interest in Dimensions to begin with, but even then, the differences felt extremely minute, and ultimately, not worth my time.

Thanks! I tried saying something like this earlier but not many people seemed interested.

I also thought Dimensions had something interesting going for it, not only did it have IRL Lego building, it also had in-game portal mechanics. It could have REALLY been a game changer, but the new additions were executed really badly in my opinion. It's not like the puzzles had to be hard, I was just expecting more creativity in the way they were pulled off.

Edited by gamejutzu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as how this game will tie into the movie, similar to the previous The Lego Movie game, I don't expect any innovation. Maybe some new puzzle gimmicks, but that'll probably be the extent of the new content. 

Movie tie-ins are always rushed, but I don't think the game will be bad. Just more of the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well from what Brickstolife has been reporting, the designers have been pulled from Dimensions month ago to work on this, so it is in no way rushed... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

Well from what Brickstolife has been reporting, the designers have been pulled from Dimensions month ago to work on this, so it is in no way rushed... 

That doesn't mean there's going to be much new, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

That doesn't mean there's going to be much new, either.

New as in..... Gameplay? Probably some new feature or power like they do in each game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arthur Parsons has just tweeted the Lego marvel 2 teaser saying that it's their next tittle where does that leave the ninjargo game ??? 

 

Or announcement ? Maybe a near

Christmas release 

 

Any thoughts ?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

Arthur Parsons has just tweeted the Lego marvel 2 teaser saying that it's their next tittle where does that leave the ninjargo game ??? 

 

Or announcement ? Maybe a near

Christmas release 

 

Any thoughts ?? 

Well they have different sub studios at Tt. The Ninjago Movie game would most likely be from Tt fusion, which Arthur is not apart of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Marvel Superheroes 2 was the game that was being teased, then it seems like it's back to square one

If they were talking about Marvel Super Heroes 2 the entire time, then i'd expect to see a Lego Ninjago Movie 3DS game as that is the custom with Ninjago video games.

Edited by gamejutzu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lego marvel 2 comes out in November so not sure what that means for any Ninjargo game. 

 

Thats a good call  on the 3ds/2ds game maybe a Christmas bundle with the new 2ds xl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bricks To Life said we'd be getting two games.

"Now, TT Games can go back to putting out two to four high quality, fully developed A+ LEGO games per year. If our sources are correct, this includes a full game based on a major Lego movie title, and a long-awaited follow-up to another hugely popular licensed title from a few years ago."

(Link: http://www.brickstolife.com/the-quiet-cancellation-of-lego-dimensions/)

I think the second game he's referring to is Marvel 2, and the major LEGO movie title's gotta be The LEGO Ninjago Movie. I think it's still coming.

Edit: I just remembered that TLNM releases in September, so this game will likely be released BEFORE Marvel 2. Not sure why they announced that first.

Edited by npgcole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we'll get it for the Bluray/DVD/Digital release which should be around march I think 

I do tend to believe Bricks to life, I genuinely believe he is used by TT to leak stuff for the US market (as there into working with the fan community and social media) and I know people are horrible to him but has he ever been wrong before ?  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2017 at 11:58 AM, npgcole said:

If our sources are correct, this includes a full game based on a major Lego movie title

Well in that case, the Ninjago Movie is definitely getting a game soon, and might be revealed at E3. But now the question is whether it's getting a HD console release or handheld release. But they did say this includes a full game based on a Lego movie title. So i'm leaning towards console release.

Edited by gamejutzu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Ninjago Movie standalone game was pretty easy to see coming. We knew it'd get a game, we just didn't know if it would be a handheld or console. But once they said "full game" it was all but confirmed it was for consoles.

Fingers crossed this doesn't turn out like every other Lego game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

A Ninjago Movie standalone game was pretty easy to see coming. We knew it'd get a game, we just didn't know if it would be a handheld or console. But once they said "full game" it was all but confirmed it was for consoles.

Fingers crossed this doesn't turn out like every other Lego game.

it could be console and handheld, The Switch is half console, and half handheld. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2017 at 9:53 PM, Savage Oppress said:

it could be console and handheld, The Switch is half console, and half handheld. 

The Switch isn't much bigger than your average handheld, but unlike them it carries the power of an entire home console. If there is handheld, it would be on the DS systems, not the Switch. The Switch's version of the game can become portable, and it will still look and play exactly like the docked version, negating the need for another (usually inferior) version of the game to appear for the system undocked. Why have two of the same game, when one is (usually) better? Your theory that it could be for both consoles and handhelds is pretty good, but it's definitely not for the reason following. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.