Sign in to follow this  
Ashnflash

LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame

11 hours ago, legozebra said:

New trailer confirming weapon upgrades and special combat moves, which is really awesome and unique!

For me what would be a dream come true would be if they went the Jurassic World route and released not only levels based on the newest film but also the previous media - it would be awesome if the TV show was covered here as well, but I doubt it's the case as I'm sure it would have been announced by now unless they're keeping it a secret until later...

Those moves look great! Hopefully there are many more to unlock. I really like how they are making it more like a traditional hack n slash game with the camera and special moves. I know we'll never get anything to the degree of God of War or DmC but it's nice to get better combat. 

The gameplay footage from sdcc got me really excited for the game. Ninjago city looks amazing and seeing the green mech dragon in action was awesome. That whole level is so action packed and the whole city feels alive, what with all the battles taking place in the background and ships flying around, just the way I like it! 

10 hours ago, legozebra said:

FBTB has a neat article about how unique the game is, and it makes me even more exited for it:

http://www.fbtb.net/2017/07/27/new-the-lego-ninjago-movie-video-game-trailer-first-impressions-from-sdcc/

Thanks for the link. It sounds like this is going to be a great game. I'm really excited about the rpg elements. It sounds like special moves are character specific but I'm okay with that. The most intriguing part of this article is the part about skill points and modifying certain moves to be more powerful or give more studs and the like. 

8 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

It sounds like special moves are character specific but I'm okay with that. 

Not really. I've seen different characters using the same special moves (the ones we see in the recent video). Though I don't know why you'd be ecstatic about the character not having unique special moves...

WB Games shared a new trailer for the game yesterday:

It shows some very interesting environments as well as some TV show tie-ins. The environments seem only to be inspired by existing sets and locations in the show. I hope we get to see something similar in the movie itself.

A while back, there was an iOs Ninjago Arena fighter-type game, with endless waves of enemies, different bosses, and different combat abilities for the characters, which you could level up to 5 for each. I would love to see that kind of system in this new game, since it seems to have some sort of arena mode. That would cinch this as a "need to get" for me, potentially much sooner than I would have gotten it in the first place.

On 9/15/2017 at 0:06 PM, Hart New Bob said:

I have one question: is the Xbox console "dead"?

Which Xbox do you mean? This game is coming out for the current Xbox One console, but isn't being developed for the Xbox 360 (or the PS3, or the Wii or Wii U) since those consoles have effectively been supplanted by newer, more powerful consoles.

Just now, Lyichir said:

Which Xbox do you mean? This game is coming out for the current Xbox One console, but isn't being developed for the Xbox 360 (or the PS3, or the Wii or Wii U) since those consoles have effectively been supplanted by newer, more powerful consoles.

Sorry, I should've been more clear, Xbox 360.   By the time I get the Xbox one it would probably be dead too.

Edited by Hart New Bob

That's cool that this game will have classic villains and classic versions of the ninja!

Y'know, I wonder how Meowthra is going to look in this game. The cat's gonna have to be in it if it's based on the events of the movie.

6 hours ago, AyliffeMakit said:

Footage for the thing's up already (probably containing spoilers for the film, so be cautious when clicking innit), and it has something I really wasn't expecting from a TT lego game:

unknown.png

IT'S SKILL TREE TIME BAYBEE

This was revealed quite awhile back but it's nice to see in-game. I will be picking my copy up after work and I can't wait to play, though I won't be able to see the movie until next week. This is one of many new features for the LEGO genre and I can't wait to see this sort of thing appear in future LEGO games.

On 9/22/2017 at 8:13 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

If anyone has picked it up yet, how is the combat tweaked? And if you've tried them, how are the "endless combat" arenas?

The combat is much more fun - you have to diversify your moves so certain enemies won’t learn to block, some enemies have shields you have to break past or rip away, and some flying enemies require special moves to hit them. There’s a combat meter that, when fills up, allows you to release special moves unlocked with the combat tree, like the “Skyward Dragon.”

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

The combat is much more fun - you have to diversify your moves so certain enemies won’t learn to block, some enemies have shields you have to break past or rip away, and some flying enemies require special moves to hit them. There’s a combat meter that, when fills up, allows you to release special moves unlocked with the combat tree, like the “Skyward Dragon.”

It sounds very similar to the Ninjago Arena ios app then, albeit more fleshed out. I freaking loved that app, so I'll definitely want to check this one out, sounds like.

I have been playing the game since Friday and I am so impressed by what they've done. The game overall feels so refreshing for a LEGO game, the combat is fluid and fast-paced with the ability to line up combos(sort of) and turning the true ninja meter into an experience bar(sort of) was a stroke of generous. Instead of there being a true Jedi/Hero/Adventurer/Ninja/etc for each level, there is one meter for the entire game with 20 levels in all, each level is a filled stud on the meter and once that point is achieve, you are rewarded with a variety of things including a new point to spend on the new skill tree and new pieces for the character creator. The environments are beautiful with plenty of segments to the "open world" to explore all across the island of Ninjago with varying types of environments and the Dojo battles are incredibly fun and present a decent challenge, in fact it's probably the first time a LEGO game has ever actually asked anything of my gamer skills in order to get gold tier or higher. The focus is really on getting and maintaining a combat multiplier to get more and more studs, of course if you get hit it resets the counter. Fortunately, the new 360 camera in hub areas and the new dodging ability make it easier to get out of the way which makes combat a satisfying back and forth between attacking and dodging. The new "Ninjillity" mechanic is also quite nice as it makes movement even smoother than any previous LEGO game. The special attacks are always very satisfying, I will never get sick of using the Skyward Dragon technique! Enemies are more varied, ranging from unarmored thugs, armored warriors and generals which are essentially mini bosses in their own right with health bars and blocking mechanics similar to what's been teased in LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2's boss mechanics. Each ninja is unique in that their weapons determine their range, attack speed, and the amount of damage they do. For example, Cole's hammer attacks are slow but do increased damage and Nya's spear gives her greater range but does less damage compared to her fellow ninjas. I really love that added depth. The character creator is also the most in depth I think I have ever seen in a LEGO game and may actually be similar to the extremely extensive one TT Games have teased for Lego Marvel Superheroes 2. I love the style of the loading screens and the main menu is wonderfully done with an old-time-y filter to the sound and screen that plays to old martial arts movies, even the opening logos are reminiscent of the beginning to a Japanese film which was a nice touch. Every bit of this game is polished and well thought out. It also does a fantastic job of fleshing out and fixing the many shortcomings of the film. I've played them all and this is one of the best LEGO gaming experiences I've ever had, I really wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. I would highly, highly recommend it to any fan of LEGO games even if you aren't familiar with the theme, the movie or the show. For those who are, it is a must buy. Trust me, you won't regret it! It will be absolutely criminal if this one gets shoved by the way side for being connected to the mediocre reception to the film despite being the vastly superior experience in every way. It's one of those rare cases where the game based on the movie is way better than the movie it's based on, much like the Ratchet and Clank reboot and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Edited by ToaDraco

Does anyone else have "100%" but still have a single character locked at the end of the row before the customs?

i just peeked at brickipedia and saw their list of playable characters ends with the last character I have too.

i didn't know if there might be some extra secret thing to do to change that (replay story, revisit credits, play all arenas, make a particular combo in th customizer, etc) or if the game is just screwy...

1 hour ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

Does anyone else have "100%" but still have a single character locked at the end of the row before the customs?

i just peeked at brickipedia and saw their list of playable characters ends with the last character I have too.

i didn't know if there might be some extra secret thing to do to change that (replay story, revisit credits, play all arenas, make a particular combo in th customizer, etc) or if the game is just screwy...

Is it possible that they're a character unlocked with a code that has not yet been distributed? I know Lego City Undercover didn't count those sorts of unlockables (in that case, vehicles) toward 100% completion.

10 hours ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

Jamie Eden (Game Director at Tt Fusion) said the character will be unlocked with a code from the DVD/Blu-Ray release:

Does anybody know a list of the characters and their abilities?

And where you can find P.I.X.A.L.?

7 hours ago, masdcw said:

Does anybody know a list of the characters and their abilities?

And where you can find P.I.X.A.L.?

I'd try the Nindroid's Abandoned Factory Dojo... ;)

I've starting playing this game and it's quite fun.

It's amazing how when I buit a boombox it played whole Weekend Whip from beginning to end. I stayed there and sang the song with The Fold, and my Cole did the staying animation which was putting a headphones. It looked really stupid when he put his headphones during listening to boombox.

I had to restart, because it didn't unlock the last Ninjacoin to complete the skill tree...

And upon replaying I didn't received the High School Cole bag to unlock him, but lucily he was available with a code, so I could unlock him this way to complete 100 %...